Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GY10HNV ANYONE HERE

Hello @Jimmer579, I owned this car for 2 years.  Bought from Lexus Cheltehnam in May 16 and I px'd it to Lexus Swindon when i bought my RCF.  Was a great car and one owner before me.  It was bought by another member on here from Swindon.

Hi Jon_B thanks for the info. I have been in contact with the garage about the car, but as its in Aberdeen and I'm in cornwall I am unable to view it. I noticed a colour difference in the front offside wing/door and after discussing it with them they have told me that it has had paintwork and wasn't blended very well, they offered to put it right but as I don't know any details as to why it's had paintwork it really put me off the car. I don't suppose you have any info on this, or if the person you sold it to was still on here.  Thanks for your time

Hi James, when i bought the car the car it had the front resprayed but I was told it was cosmetic damage rather than anything serious.  I owned it for 2 years just about and the car was fantastic, drove well but i think the difference in paint became more obvious over time.  It was when i went to a Lexus meet with a number of people on here and parked next to Mark G's Blue ISF that the difference really noticed.  I'm no expert but i suspect that it would probably need a complete respray to get rid of the difference but others may have a better idea of that than me.  Car drove brilliantly, no issues during my ownership, i only changed as the right RCF came up.  I had a custom exhaust fitted on the car to make the V8 stand out a little, no idea if that's still on the car.  The guy that bought it from Lexus Swindon was Jim @wantaisf, are you still on here Jim?  I don't think that Jim kept it very long but not sure why.  Hope that this helps.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/9/2021 at 10:00 PM, Jon_B said:

Hi James, when i bought the car the car it had the front resprayed but I was told it was cosmetic damage rather than anything serious.  I owned it for 2 years just about and the car was fantastic, drove well but i think the difference in paint became more obvious over time.  It was when i went to a Lexus meet with a number of people on here and parked next to Mark G's Blue ISF that the difference really noticed.  I'm no expert but i suspect that it would probably need a complete respray to get rid of the difference but others may have a better idea of that than me.  Car drove brilliantly, no issues during my ownership, i only changed as the right RCF came up.  I had a custom exhaust fitted on the car to make the V8 stand out a little, no idea if that's still on the car.  The guy that bought it from Lexus Swindon was Jim @wantaisf, are you still on here Jim?  I don't think that Jim kept it very long but not sure why.  Hope that this helps.

Hello Jon, 

I moved the car on as I wanted a manual sports car, and I found the ISF only fun when I went for it, and too often there wasn't any road or enough of road to go for it.........I have to say I never noticed the paintwork, it always looked spiffing to me!

• 1 year later...

Hi all, 

Sorry for reviewing a 2 year old post but i just stumbled onto this topic today and wanted to update on the cars status.I have purchased the car from that dealer in 2021, shes still running strong and being used as a daily 🙂, small issues (had to attend one recall) but i'm working on getting her perfect!

P.s.
Jon's B exhaust is still present on the car! Sounds superb.

Cheers
Goti

257738768_3185292651691982_6297977918115137852_n.jpg

288643507_1044129802875138_7631246675661811836_n.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/9/2021 at 8:32 PM, Jimmer579 said:

Hi Jon_B thanks for the info. I have been in contact with the garage about the car, but as its in Aberdeen and I'm in cornwall I am unable to view it. I noticed a colour difference in the front offside wing/door and after discussing it with them they have told me that it has had paintwork and wasn't blended very well, they offered to put it right but as I don't know any details as to why it's had paintwork it really put me off the car. I don't suppose you have any info on this, or if the person you sold it to was still on here.  Thanks for your time

I think you can use my favourite Caledonian Sleeper to get there. Would be a great journey to get the car you like.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links