Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beeps when unlocking and locking

Hi All,

My father has just bought a NX300h 2018 in grey, so I have been reading up on topics to gain knowledge on this car on his behalf, I have a Mercedes E350d 2017, so not familiar with the Lexus, but did recommend the NX to him.

I have noticed that the one beep and two beeps doesn’t happen when locking and unlocking, and there is nothing in the door lock menu to enable this feature, but on a you tube video it shows that there should be this setting in the door lock menu, if not then the dealer can enable this feature. Is the you tuber correct, and others who have this model can you confirm that their cars beeps when locking and unlocking.

Many thanks in advance.

Shahid

Hi @Shahid NX300h

I have a 2018 NX and there are no beeps when locking\unlocking the car - just the metallic-sounding clang of the door locks operating.

Was the YouTube video recorded overseas? There are countries (e.g. the US) where regulations allow for such beeps.

Section 7 on the link below shows the option for locking/unlocking bleeps, typically earlier Lexus models had a simple “volume control” mounted under the driver’s side kick pad to adjust the level or turn if off.

https://di-uploads-development.dealerinspire.com/lexusofnashville/uploads/2019/07/2018-NX-300h-With-Nav.pdf 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Section 7 on the link below shows the option for locking/unlocking bleeps, typically earlier Lexus models had a simple “volume control” mounted under the driver’s side kick pad to adjust the level or turn if off.

https://di-uploads-development.dealerinspire.com/lexusofnashville/uploads/2019/07/2018-NX-300h-With-Nav.pdf 

Hi thanks for that, the car is booked in for a free health check on Thursday, will ask the dealer to program if it’s possible.

• Like 1

No problem, have a look through the complete list to see if you want anything else changing while it’s in. Most dealers will do them FOC as a gesture of goodwill and future business.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shahid NX300h said:

Wouldn’t mind the kick sensor, if the car is equipped to do so, I have this feature on my Mercedes, very useful when ones hands are full.

I seem to recall that the kick sensor was not made part of the european spec for the NX - but is available in say the US.

Given the that the TPMS sensor can be added in via 3rd party parts, you could probably do it as well...