Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to RC F, hi all

Hi all.

just wanted to introduce myself, I’m Steve from the south coast, and yes you guessed it I am the proud owner of a 2017 RC F.  I kinda did things the wrong way round after reading other people’s rcf journeys, it seems most go from this car to the dark side m4 or c63.  I’ve come from a c63 which I loved to the rcf, I have to say I am also loving this new experience, ok the torque isn’t as good, but hey it’s good enough and the sound isn’t as sweet, but it’s sweet enough especially at 4K, it doesn’t turn as many heads, but it turns some.  it’s comfortable and great to drive and has lots of gadgets, the cold air on your ***** is different lol.

Im pleased as can be with this new set of wheels and look forward to being here, modding the car and enjoying all that is Lexus RCF

best wishes all

steve

• Like 4

Welcome fellow F-er 😉

You'll likely get more people come up to you and discuss/ ask questions in car parks etc as few know what car it is.

There are a few exhaust options out there that may satisfy your sound requirements 😛

I see you are Hampshire, where abouts? 🙂

Welcome, there are a few of RCF owners in Hampshire. I keep seeing a white one down in the Southsea area.

Glad to see you plan to mod the car, I've been on a similar quest I've changed the wheels and exhaust on mine and recently had a wrap put on it.

An aftermarket exhaust does completely change the sound of the car.

I live in Lovedean so I'll keep an eye out for another RCF in the neibourhood.

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

Welcome, there are a few of RCF owners in Hampshire. I keep seeing a white one down in the Southsea area.

Glad to see you plan to mod the car, I've been on a similar quest I've changed the wheels and exhaust on mine and recently had a wrap put on it.

An aftermarket exhaust does completely change the sound of the car.

I live in Lovedean so I'll keep an eye out for another RCF in the neibourhood.

I came from two AMG's to the RCF, it's just some people are a bit slow and go the other way, not mentioning any names.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Welcome fellow F-er 😉

You'll likely get more people come up to you and discuss/ ask questions in car parks etc as few know what car it is.

There are a few exhaust options out there that may satisfy your sound requirements 😛

I see you are Hampshire, where abouts? 🙂

Thank you, I’m in West Wellow 👍

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I came from two AMG's to the RCF, it's just some people are a bit slow and go the other way, not mentioning any names.

Lol, would love to hear more about exhaust systems 🙈,  love the wrap btw 🤩

46 minutes ago, Badger s said:

Lol, would love to hear more about exhaust systems 🙈,  love the wrap btw 🤩

There are a few to choose from and all sound good. If I were to do it again I'd opt for either the GT Haus, Armytix as they have a switch to 'quieten' them down.

The reason I landed up with a Quicksilver was an old member on here sold his car and I offered him £500 for it and he took it.

Glad you like the wrap it works with all the shapes on the RCF, I plan to have the car lowered but have held back because my car has the AVS suspension system and I didn't want to upset the workings of it. But a few guys over in the USA have lowered their AVS equipped cars with no problems so that's on my to do list. The RCF just sits a bit too high for my liking but I don't want it to look slammed and it seems Swift springs just lower the car just over an inch.

Kieron who asked whereabouts you live has an exhaust that's well worth checking out as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Half decent golf course down there!

Lol the golfers walking across the road to Tee had better watch out lol.  So what’s your exhaust Kieran 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Badger s said:

So what’s your exhaust Kieran

A noisy one 😉 I have GTHaus mid pipe and back boxes. Likely the loudest of the options and that isn't a boast it is just f-ing loud! Great to release that V8 goodness! @Cezar B has it on his and there are youtube clips (which are his) that demonstrate its volume 😛

17 minutes ago, Badger s said:

A’pexi exhaust system

Unsure if any members have the Apexi system, I only know what youtube sound clip info gives me on it! Most on LOC with RC's have changed to Hayward and Scott which gives modest sound gains, is reasonable in price and in the UK! I also know @mr2lad has ArmyTrix on his and speaks highly of it and has sound clips on some recent posts which atest to its sound.

I guess it depends exactly what you're after and more importantly, budget?! 😆

As Kieran has said you also have to take into account if you like it fairly loud all of the time, but budget does come into it.

The RCF has a fairly decent sound system and if you like your sounds you may find as I have the excellent Quicksilver does have it's limitations. At motorway speeds on a longish distance drive I can ease my foot off the throttle to create a reasonable background rumble that doesn't really interfere with your listening experience. But if you touch the throttle you've got the thunder.

Both the Gt Haus and the Armytrix have a key-fob type controller that allows you to tone it down a bit. I have come to the conclusion that despite the much greater expensive of both units it is a far better idea.

After the exhaust mod, you could also wrap your car  subtly. Without mentioning names, there’s a bloke on here that recently wrapped his RCF - although I’m not sure it’s subtle 😁

• Like 2

My opinion of the QS having had it fitted for just over a month now is that it's excellent when you 'step on it', sounds incredible.

But it can drone through the cabin at lower revs.

Motorways are manageable once you get used to the sweet spot.

I am happy to keep it as the pro's far outweigh the cons vs the stock exhaust which is just far too subtle for the F brand.

5000 rpm in Sport or Sport S+ still puts a massive grin on my face and as long as its doing that I can't justify £4-5k for a valved system

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BillNick said:

My opinion of the QS having had it fitted for just over a month now is that it's excellent when you 'step on it', sounds incredible.

But it can drone through the cabin at lower revs.

Motorways are manageable once you get used to the sweet spot.

I am happy to keep it as the pro's far outweigh the cons vs the stock exhaust which is just far too subtle for the F brand.

5000 rpm in Sport or Sport S+ still puts a massive grin on my face and as long as its doing that I can't justify £4-5k for a valved system

The same experience for me and I've commented more than once that I no longer take the RCF on the motorway due to the need to manage exhaust drone especially on inclines.

Comes into its own on country lanes 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

Says here you can add a valve to the QS exhaust. May be worth seeing if it’s still and option on fitted systems.

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/blogs/news/112494663-valve-system-launched-for-lexus-rcf

Well spotted, I'll certainly check this out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Well spotted, I'll certainly check this out.

Please report back to the forum with what you find out, I would be interested in a retrofit valve control.