Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is250 detail

just gave my son in laws is250 the once over..

full clay and decon, used turtle wax precision platelet done in 1 for the first time, easy on and off with good results, topped with Zaino Z2, Z6, Z8.( as it can be used in full sun)

the leather interior had a refresh with zaino Leather conditioner..

IMG_20210530_130724.jpg

IMG_20210530_130804.jpg

IMG_20210530_130710.jpg

IMG_20210530_130657.jpg

IMG_20210530_130831.jpg

IMG_20210530_130605.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Very impressive result Steve. 👌

As a matter of interest, aside from the labour charge (?!) obviously, what do you reckon the materials cost for that level of detailing and how long did it take you?  Apportion if you didn't use the lot as presumably any remaining Zaino stuff can be kept for future use if shelf life permits.

Just interested for I choose not to clean mine as I have my detailer visit about every 3 months so a cost comparison would be helpful - not that I'd ever consider doing it myself at my time of life. 😉

‘Mazin’ finish, I’ve an argento  ice 250 and it don’t look anything like that right now, sad to say, but all your hard work ( and it is hard work) had definitely paid dividends!👍

On 6/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, Sundance said:

Very impressive result Steve. 👌

As a matter of interest, aside from the labour charge (?!) obviously, what do you reckon the materials cost for that level of detailing and how long did it take you?  Apportion if you didn't use the lot as presumably any remaining Zaino stuff can be kept for future use if shelf life permits.

Just interested for I choose not to clean mine as I have my detailer visit about every 3 months so a cost comparison would be helpful - not that I'd ever consider doing it myself at my time of life. 😉

Lots of info here... A little goes a long way..

Prep is key with detailing..

https://www.zainostore.com/beginners.html

• Thanks 1

Yes, thanks for that Steve, I'm familiar with the process.  My question was more directed at your costs and time spent.  But if you'd rather not make that public then I shall of course fully understand. 🙂

On 6/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, Sundance said:

You’re obviously satisfied with your detailer’s visits, Rowley.  Do you get the full snow foam, two-bucket treatment?  Did you have any ceramic finishes applied in the first instance?  I presume you supply power and water.  How long does it take?

I ask because I had a full detailing a little while ago, but didn’t really appreciate it spelt the end of quick trips to the local car wash!  I too didn’t think I’d be back car washing ‘at my time of life’ - although I don’t mind it at the moment, but a mobile service sounds a good option. 

10 hours ago, Sundance said:

Yes, thanks for that Steve, I'm familiar with the process.  My question was more directed at your costs and time spent.  But if you'd rather not make that public then I shall of course fully understand. 🙂

....it took 7hrs for a full recon and a single pass with the DA, and as for costs .. hard to quantify, zaino say you use 1oz per car but the Lexus is big..but I'd say around £40-£60.. the turtle Wax done in one is £30 for 500ml. Zanio is not cheap but a little goes a long way...and can be used in full sun . Costs a bit to buy the products initially but they last

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sundance said:

This is my son's car..video shows the swirls removed..

IMG_20210305_154237.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LenT said:

You’re obviously satisfied with your detailer’s visits, Rowley.  Do you get the full snow foam, two-bucket treatment?  Did you have any ceramic finishes applied in the first instance?  I presume you supply power and water.  How long does it take?

I ask because I had a full detailing a little while ago, but didn’t really appreciate it spelt the end of quick trips to the local car wash!  I too didn’t think I’d be back car washing ‘at my time of life’ - although I don’t mind it at the moment, but a mobile service sounds a good option. 

When I first bought the Lexus 6 months ago I settled for the de-grease, snow foam and 3-bucket process (circa 3.5hrs @ £55) but fell short of the full clay bar, sealant and wax treatment (extra 1.5hrs + £95) which I'm still considering.  His periodic visits (circa 1.5hrs @ £30) are what he calls a 'maintenance valet', inside and out, snow foam and 2-bucket, to keep it fresh and shiny. 👌

His van comes complete with onboard water and power so he can detail/valet anywhere but as a courtesy I do let him plug in to my electricity. The car can look a bit grubby between his visits for washing by other means is not recommended by him as it might impact on his efforts, quite understandable.

So no more bi-weekly 10-minute £8 visits to the (potentially law-breaking) jet-wash-rub-and-dry by the Lithuanians just outside town as a 2/3-monthly professional clean is much more economical and provides far better results. Happy days. 😊

• Thanks 1