Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lc500h ground clearance

Bozman79

Afternoon all, 

Recently picked up my LC500h and getting accustomed to driving around the local area. So far I've avoided any roads equipped with speed bumps. I've looked up the ground clearance of the car and believe it's either 5.2" or 5.5" (5.2“ is possibly the V8). So a shade under 14cm.

The max allowable height for a sleeping policeman is 10cm so I'm assuming as long as I take it slowly I shouldn't do damage.. 

Could seasoned owners advise 😁

I have no plans to modify from stock height.

Thanks all! 

I have had my LC for over 3 years and have never had an issue. The slight upward profile of the front apron allows for better approach angles than cars equipped with low spoilers. My DB9 was a problem as the long nose overhang and low spoiler hit various things and even a change of car park level would scrape.

One way of helping with this is to approach the obstacle slightly turned to left or right as this means that both front wheels do not encounter the change in height at the same time. 

• Like 1

Good question given that I pick up mine tomorrow! Have to say one of my test drives was within a residential area with prolific and some very obvious speed humps. As per Malcolm above, I too didn't experience any problems, much to my relief. From what research I have made, it does seem as if the LC has particularly good ground clearance.

I was worried about that as we have lots of speed bumps around here including one particularly vicious one. I took them ultra carefully at first but soon discovered that it isn't an issue. Something to watch though, is kerbing those big low-profile alloys. I politely moved over to let a BMW turn into a speed-bumped junction and heard a horrible 'grrunch' from the front nearside. Ouch!

The ride height of the LC is more than a Jaguar XE. I had an XE-S for a short while and I scraped the underside of the front bumper twice. It's only about 100mm