Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Relax

Just read that Lexus are now going to extend the warranty year on year on all cars free of charge for for up to 10 years or 100,000miles , providing that the annual service is carried out at Lexus dealerships.

See Link:

Lexus warranty - how Lexus Relax cover works - Lexus UK Magazine

Sounds too good to be true?

14 minutes ago, sheri1 said:

Just read that Lexus are now going to extend the warranty year on year on all cars free of charge for for up to 10 years or 100,000miles , providing that the annual service is carried out at Lexus dealerships.

See Link:

Just writing the same thing 😎 key part of this strategy is to keep customers from straying after initial 3 year warranty. But this does make it a serious point of differentiation in an ever competitive market 

That's good. I took out the 2 for 1 offer extended warranty last July. If I've read the terms right, it looks like I'll get a years refund when I take it for service this July. We'll see.

Will have to pay for assistance now. I wonder how much that will be, and whether it will still cover the wife and European travel?

1 hour ago, sheri1 said:

See Link:

This is the bit I'm most interested in as I'm 8 months into my 2-4-1 warranty...

I already have an extended warranty. Can I swap onto Relax?

Yes, you can cancel your extended warranty policy and receive a pro-rata refund, provided you haven’t made a claim. Please contact the extended warranty team for more. Once that is cancelled, you’ll then need to have a service to activate the Relax. It may be better to wait until your next service is due.

1 hour ago, PRT68 said:

That's good. I took out the 2 for 1 offer extended warranty last July. If I've read the terms right, it looks like I'll get a years refund when I take it for service this July. We'll see.

Will have to pay for assistance now. I wonder how much that will be, and whether it will still cover the wife and European travel?

That's the big question as you get 24 months for the price of 12 with the 2-4-1. So will they just consider your 2nd year as free and therefore not entitled to a refund? I'm in the same boat.

Seems like Extended Warranty has gone as the page on the Lexus website goes to 404 Page Not Found. The new Relax although looking good for <10 years / 100,000 mile cars cuts off sooner than the Extended Warranty which was <10 years and 140,000 miles. My car has just rolled over 100,000 miles but is just under 7 years old and I had hoped to retain the Extended Warranty until it reached the 140,000 miles (still under 10 years old) which gave me a lot of confidence in the car.