Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I use the Know Your Car app to check that the step children are keeping their cars legal, and just because i can, I monitor my old cars. My old IS250 passed today. Well, second time. It failed first time for a dodgy headlamp and offside front tyre but it's still going strong at 136,000 miles. I bet it still sounds good.

• Like 1

MOT failures on tyres make me cringe..... a quick walk around before using the car and a weekly 10 minutes out of your life to check the pressures and tread wear.

To discover you have an illegal tyre fitted only at an MOT is not good when it could have been like that for 364 days since the last test. 

Worst scenario is an advisory the previous test and a fail on the same tyre the next test

• Like 6

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

MOT failures on tyres make me cringe.....

Or dodgy headlight... I mean seriously... how somebody could drive with dodgy headlight and not notice it.

I guess some people don't care about failing MOT, don't understand anything about cars and importantly don't want to understand anything. So they take car into the MOT "as is".... if it fails, they simply fix bare minimum to pass and go for re-test. This is not helped by re-test being free and if I am not wrong - during re-test MOT centre could only check the parts which were fails previously - meaning you have almost guaranteed pass unless it is emissions related.

I always have basic pre-MOT check, like tyres, pressures, lights, indicators, even just cursory look at brake pads and whatever obvious suspension components I can see without removing wheels or going under the car - basically just look around the car if anything amiss doesn't even take 5 min. Fair enough sometimes it fails for something like crack in anti roll-bar bushing rubber, but that is something you can't see without getting under the car and inspecting it, unless it was previous advisory. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mincey said:

I use the Know Your Car app to check that the step children are keeping their cars legal, and just because i can, I monitor my old cars. My old IS250 passed today. Well, second time. It failed first time for a dodgy headlamp and offside front tyre but it's still going strong at 136,000 miles. I bet it still sounds good.

That's is barely run-in... I bought my last IS250 at almost that mileage! 😁

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 2:22 PM, Mincey said:

still going strong at 136,000 miles. I bet it still sounds good.

I should hope so! I'm on 153k now and I have no reason to think the car hasn't got another 150k in it😄 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links