Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Attacked In Tescos Camberley. Rear Offside Door Written Off.

My poor Lexi is beginning to think she is not liked. Only just finished the front bumper replacement and now we are just setting for home when an Electric BMW comes up one of the lanes in Tescos car park and without looking pulls straight into where I was writing off the rear door. Any one got a rear offside door for a 1998 LS400 MK4 in dark Green "Jade"? What makes it worse is that they are a friend of my wifes.

No description available.

• Sad 2

Mike that's so bl..dy terrible for you

When my rear door was damaged Saga just wrote her off ....... new door about £1500 ( if one could ever be available that was ! ) but my guy pushed her out ( not too bad a job tbh, accident never chipped any paint as original finish ) but now a Cat N for the future ......  but they ,Saga, gave me some £££ :wink3:

Certainly hope there's a replacement door somewhere close by for you ......  wot a bug.er eh !

Malc

Well a successful ending, her insurance have rung me to say they will pay me £2224 and I keep the car and get it repaired my self.

Repair not a problem just need to find a door.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Well a successful ending, her insurance have rung me to say they will pay me £2224 and I keep the car and get it repaired my self.

Repair not a problem just need to find a door.

A great result, and one I've had myself in the past. When my Vauxhall was "written off" for minor damage I ended up with about £1,000 in my pocket after repairs! 

Unfortunately, even when damage is not your fault, insurers generally show it as an accident and consider you are more likely to be involved in another so load your premium.  Very unfair but happened to me.  I suppose statistically if you parked in the car park every day there is a greater chance of being hit but doubt was the case with you.  Similarly, they argue that because there may have been some accidents on a road where I was hit in the rear, I was more at risk assuming I regularly used that particular road, whereas in fact I have used it no more on average than once a year.

Good luck with getting a replacement door.