Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus UK 10 year warranty!

This morning I got a call regarding her indoores car (Toyota) about booking in for it's service.

I was told that when you get you vehicle serviced that gives you another 12 months warranty if carried out by the dealership, if you break the service cycle you lose the 10yr/100000miles warranty I asked the question about Lexus and the reply was "this applies to Lexus as well"

13 minutes ago, as13 said:

This morning I got a call regarding her indoores car (Toyota) about booking in for it's service.

I was told that when you get you vehicle serviced that gives you another 12 months warranty if carried out by the dealership, if you break the service cycle you lose the 10yr/100000miles warranty I asked the question about Lexus and the reply was "this applies to Lexus as well"

Not according tot the official Lexus Relax blurb, as here

"Eligible vehicles range from cars just completing the period of their new vehicle warranty, to high-mileage models that have passed through multiple ownerships and have no prior Toyota or Lexus service history."

See ColinBarber's post page 2 this thread

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This good news , every 2 years I pay £900 for extended warranty and I have car serviced with Lexus every year .

i will now have to take out UK / Europe breakdown cover . Any recommendations???

2 minutes ago, Dealkent said:

i will now have to take out UK / Europe breakdown cover . Any recommendations???

If you want European cover then the Lexus offering is good value. Even if you don't require the European part it is still a good price at £125 for two people

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance/

• Like 1

We have one of our bank accounts with Nationwide Flexplus. OK, you have to pay a fee of £13 a month, but do get modest interest on the balance that helps to offset this. In return we both get breakdown insurance, travel insurance and it covers our mobile phones too. Depending on your circumstances it might be worth checking out? 

1 hour ago, Royal Enfield said:

We have one of our bank accounts with Nationwide Flexplus. OK, you have to pay a fee of £13 a month, but do get modest interest on the balance that helps to offset this. In return we both get breakdown insurance, travel insurance and it covers our mobile phones too. Depending on your circumstances it might be worth checking out? 

"one of our bank accounts" Crikey we are in the exalted company of an Oligarch, tovarich 😎

I did look at Flexplus and being over 70 would have to pay extra for Travel insurance, Breakdown cover is on a car by car basis so joint account can have one car each which again no good to us as we also have a Campervan. Lexus cover is on the people named who can own as many vehicles (Cars, Motorhomes, motorbikes or scooters) or be driving a vehicle not owned by them and you are still covered and it is on the back of AA cover.

Will stick with Lexus cover used them twice on previous campervan and the AA were great.

Negative you do not get the AA tracking app.

• 1 month later...

I have been paying £70 per month for the last 4 months for extended warranty, MOT & breakdown but does not kick in until next month when my dealer warranty runs out, my car is a 2015 with around 80k on the clock, i have now been told they will give me my payments back as my car is included in the new extended warranty plan ( relax) , so long as the car is maintained by Lexus dealership , i will have to pay for the MOT(£55) per year and source either a breakdown cover from elsewhere or use there cover which i do anyway, so if you have purchased a used Lexus you will get the new warranty terms up to 100k or 10years which is good news 

1 hour ago, Whites said:

I have been paying £70 per month for the last 4 months for extended warranty, MOT & breakdown but does not kick in until next month when my dealer warranty runs out, my car is a 2015 with around 80k on the clock, i have now been told they will give me my payments back as my car is included in the new extended warranty plan ( relax) , so long as the car is maintained by Lexus dealership , i will have to pay for the MOT(£55) per year and source either a breakdown cover from elsewhere or use there cover which i do anyway, so if you have purchased a used Lexus you will get the new warranty terms up to 100k or 10years which is good news 

Completely and utterly wrong.

Three or four months ago we bought a 2018 RX from Lexus Teeside that came with 12 months full warranty. At the same time I also started paying monthly for two years extended warranty which will become operational in March next year when this one expires, so all in all I'll be covered until March 2024.

I have not asked for a refund and I am not cancelling my extended warranty cover because it is much better and covers more things/eventualities than the new Lexus Relax warranty.

I also have it in writing that I will not be forced into relinquishing my existing extended warranty and moved onto Relax unless I want to do that, which of course, I won't.

Of course, if you want your money back and you want to move onto Relax then you can do so, but it is a far inferior product.

For instance, the 'normal' warranty that we've all been used to for years would cover the car until 10 years old or 140,000 miles, so Relax is depriving us of 40,000 miles. Members of these forums have had multimedia head units, headlamp units and shock absorbers (costing £3,000, £1,000 and £? respectively) replaced under 'normal' warranty but none of these are covered under Relax. Plus, no breakdown cover and no MOT under Relax either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finely had it confirmed from Lexus Preston, that the paid for warranty is better than the extended warranty, not only breakdown cover an mot, but i did cancel it and the  asked them not to in the next email, you guess, the next email from them was to say it was cancelled, when i challenged them as to not reading the last email, so long and short is, they will have to give me my money back and the  restart the policy again, so at least we are back to normal again, and just to check i called the breakdown company AA as it happens and they say i was covered till 2023.

so all sorted thanks to the comments on this forum

• Like 2