Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clean park sonar

Ok so recently bought an is300h 14 privatley so no warranty, have this light come up when i turn parking sensors on, it says clean park sonar, any advice would be appreciated

17 hours ago, Alan64 said:

Ok so recently bought an is300h 14 privatley so no warranty, have this light come up when i turn parking sensors on, it says clean park sonar, any advice would be appreciated

I Have a IS300H, 15plate, and I have exactly the same issue. Sometimes it works for a couple of days, then it will come on again. It's nothing to do with dirty sensors I dont think, more likely a faulty one or water has got inside the connection. They are not cheap to buy from Lexus about 80 pound, but I managed to find an exact copy from a HongKong website for 20 pound delivered. I do have it now and its looks identical but yet to fit it! Might work, Might not! lol

46 minutes ago, steveo1973 said:

Probably cheapest way to fix issue....is to just turn it off lol

Do you run a bodyshop....? 😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, steveo1973 said:

Nope 🤔....why do you ask?

An increase in minor repairs as a result of parking sensors not operating and people relying on the Force or perhaps nudge parking 😀

28 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

An increase in minor repairs as a result of parking sensors not operating and people relying on the Force or perhaps nudge parking 😀

People relying on the FORCE! Love it!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Blimey what did people use to do before Parking sensors.....driving using your eyes maybe 😄

2 hours ago, steveo1973 said:

Blimey what did people use to do before Parking sensors.....driving using your eyes maybe 😄

That's a very good point. When my IS went in for a service in January, the park assist somehow got turned off. I only realised this as I was doing a three point turn between two walls thinking it was quiet...

34 minutes ago, Mincey said:

That's a very good point. When my IS went in for a service in January, the park assist somehow got turned off. I only realised this as I was doing a three point turn between two walls thinking it was quiet...

You realised it though. Well done! 😀 There was an article in the news a good 10-15 years ago I’d say but I can’t remember for sure. An SUV had mounted the lower bonnet of a coupe in a parking accident outside a school. The driver of the SUV was quoted as saying it shouldn’t have happened because the SUV had parking sensors. Says it all really 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2021 at 11:12 AM, steveo1973 said:

I Have a IS300H, 15plate, and I have exactly the same issue. Sometimes it works for a couple of days, then it will come on again. It's nothing to do with dirty sensors I dont think, more likely a faulty one or water has got inside the connection. They are not cheap to buy from Lexus about 80 pound, but I managed to find an exact copy from a HongKong website for 20 pound delivered. I do have it now and its looks identical but yet to fit it! Might work, Might not! lol

Hi there buddy what website did you order yours from please

I reckon, in disagreement with some of the foregoing posts, that eyes are overrated compared to parking sensors. Before my cars had parking sensors and I was forced to rely on my own perfectly good vision I averaged at least a couple of bumper scrapes of varying severity per year.  With sensors my average has dropped by at least half, not unnaturally since none of the scrapes have involved fixed obstacles and all have been the fault of people whose cars, I would bet, lacked sensors.