Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Up to 10 Year free warranty with Main dealer servicing.


Recommended Posts

Just spotted this

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/355133/toyota-launches-groundbreaking-10-year-warranty

No need to have purchased the car from a main dealer or of have FLSH, by the sounds of it, to qualify.

and it’s on the Toyota website but not yet on the Lexus site.

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-warranty-how-it-works/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I don’t often look past the F Club subforum. Was going to renew my warranty later this year but seems I have saved a bundle as I am booked in for service next week.

I wonder if this will firm up private sale used car values now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

I wonder if this will firm up private sale used car values now.

or maybe firm down dealer used car values !

Malc

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

Thanks, I don’t often look past the F Club subforum. Was going to renew my warranty later this year but seems I have saved a bundle as I am booked in for service next week.

I wonder if this will firm up private sale used car values now.

 

Its an inferior warranty and it seems the extended warranty is no longer available

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I recently purchased warranty 2-4-1 when mine went in for a service in March. I emailed to question what I could do regarding this new warranty vs. my already paid in full 2 years.

Email reply suggested they had little to no warning that Lexus/ Toyota were introducing this warranty. My options were to cancel and receive pro-rata refund and then apply for this extended warranty through my local dealer who serviced the car, but I would lose the free MOT's and roadside assistance perk. Or I can keep it how it is and benefit from extended warranty, free MOT's and roadside assistance, but upon renewal time (in 2 years) the 2-4-1 warranty extension will not be available and this new warranty offer will be only one available!

Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

So I recently purchased warranty 2-4-1 when mine went in for a service in March. I emailed to question what I could do regarding this new warranty vs. my already paid in full 2 years.

Email reply suggested they had little to no warning that Lexus/ Toyota were introducing this warranty. My options were to cancel and receive pro-rata refund and then apply for this extended warranty through my local dealer who serviced the car, but I would lose the free MOT's and roadside assistance perk. Or I can keep it how it is and benefit from extended warranty, free MOT's and roadside assistance, but upon renewal time (in 2 years) the 2-4-1 warranty extension will not be available and this new warranty offer will be only one available!

Thoughts?

No thoughts needed Kieran. It is a no brainer !

Keep what you have. I have.😉

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointing and it seems the exclusions level this down to other brands.

I may move away from Lexus in 12 months when my 2-4-1 runs out

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

My options were to cancel and receive pro-rata refund and then apply for this extended warranty through my local dealer who serviced the car, but I would lose the free MOT's and roadside assistance perk. Or I can keep it how it is and benefit from extended warranty, free MOT's and roadside assistance, but upon renewal time (in 2 years) the 2-4-1 warranty extension will not be available and this new warranty offer will be only one available!

I don't think you can get Relax cover retrospectively, so you would only be covered on a service on/after 1/6/21. Therefore you would only want to cancel the extended warranty at your next service.

The Lexus roadside assistance is £125 per year if you were to purchase separately.

 

The extended warranty T&Cs seems better than Relax, but that also depends on your specific T&Cs as the wording is often updated and things that were previously covered are no longer - so there may not be that much difference.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I don't think you can get Relax cover retrospectively, so you would only be covered on a service on/after 1/6/21.

Yeah I've just spent the past hour reading through, you can cancel and get refund on pro-rata basis but to activate Relax you need to get the car serviced.

38 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The Lexus roadside assistance is £125 per year if you were to purchase separately.

Also just looked this up, still a bargain for ths service you get!

38 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The extended warranty T&Cs seems better than Relax

I'd be inclined to agree, more favourable wording towards Lexus is what I concluded.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just realised that I took out the 24 for 12 offer last year and did it on a direct monthly debit.

I don't need the MOT's as I have my local garage who do all my vans and other vehicles and don't need the assistance as I'm with a the AA 

So could I get a refund and revert to the standard warranty?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I've just realised that I took out the 24 for 12 offer last year and did it on a direct monthly debit.

I don't need the MOT's as I have my local garage who do all my vans and other vehicles and don't need the assistance as I'm with a the AA 

So could I get a refund and revert to the standard warranty?

You can phone up and cancel and anyting you are due back they will pay you. I paid all in one go, so I'm due a pro-rata refund as I've technically 'used' 3 months of the warranty, so still getting a large chunk back!

The new 'Relax' only comes into affect when you get the car serviced. So I have to go without warranty until March next year, not that I forsee any difficulties!

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

You can phone up and cancel and anyting you are due back they will pay you. I paid all in one go, so I'm due a pro-rata refund as I've technically 'used' 3 months of the warranty, so still getting a large chunk back!

The new 'Relax' only comes into affect when you get the car serviced. So I have to go without warranty until March next year, not that I forsee any difficulties!

Thanks I'll get on the phone.

 

Update, very pleasant people to deal with refund on it's way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership