Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Up to 10 Year free warranty with Main dealer servicing.

Just spotted this

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/355133/toyota-launches-groundbreaking-10-year-warranty

No need to have purchased the car from a main dealer or of have FLSH, by the sounds of it, to qualify.

and it’s on the Toyota website but not yet on the Lexus site.

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-warranty-how-it-works/

Thanks, I don’t often look past the F Club subforum. Was going to renew my warranty later this year but seems I have saved a bundle as I am booked in for service next week.

I wonder if this will firm up private sale used car values now.

20 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

or maybe firm down dealer used car values !

Malc

22 minutes ago, Rensin55 said:

Thanks, I don’t often look past the F Club subforum. Was going to renew my warranty later this year but seems I have saved a bundle as I am booked in for service next week.

Its an inferior warranty and it seems the extended warranty is no longer available

• Sad 1

So I recently purchased warranty 2-4-1 when mine went in for a service in March. I emailed to question what I could do regarding this new warranty vs. my already paid in full 2 years.

Email reply suggested they had little to no warning that Lexus/ Toyota were introducing this warranty. My options were to cancel and receive pro-rata refund and then apply for this extended warranty through my local dealer who serviced the car, but I would lose the free MOT's and roadside assistance perk. Or I can keep it how it is and benefit from extended warranty, free MOT's and roadside assistance, but upon renewal time (in 2 years) the 2-4-1 warranty extension will not be available and this new warranty offer will be only one available!

Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

So I recently purchased warranty 2-4-1 when mine went in for a service in March. I emailed to question what I could do regarding this new warranty vs. my already paid in full 2 years.

Email reply suggested they had little to no warning that Lexus/ Toyota were introducing this warranty. My options were to cancel and receive pro-rata refund and then apply for this extended warranty through my local dealer who serviced the car, but I would lose the free MOT's and roadside assistance perk. Or I can keep it how it is and benefit from extended warranty, free MOT's and roadside assistance, but upon renewal time (in 2 years) the 2-4-1 warranty extension will not be available and this new warranty offer will be only one available!

Thoughts?

No thoughts needed Kieran. It is a no brainer !

Keep what you have. I have.😉

• Haha 1

Very disappointing and it seems the exclusions level this down to other brands.

I may move away from Lexus in 12 months when my 2-4-1 runs out

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

My options were to cancel and receive pro-rata refund and then apply for this extended warranty through my local dealer who serviced the car, but I would lose the free MOT's and roadside assistance perk. Or I can keep it how it is and benefit from extended warranty, free MOT's and roadside assistance, but upon renewal time (in 2 years) the 2-4-1 warranty extension will not be available and this new warranty offer will be only one available!

I don't think you can get Relax cover retrospectively, so you would only be covered on a service on/after 1/6/21. Therefore you would only want to cancel the extended warranty at your next service.

The Lexus roadside assistance is £125 per year if you were to purchase separately.

The extended warranty T&Cs seems better than Relax, but that also depends on your specific T&Cs as the wording is often updated and things that were previously covered are no longer - so there may not be that much difference.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I don't think you can get Relax cover retrospectively, so you would only be covered on a service on/after 1/6/21.

Yeah I've just spent the past hour reading through, you can cancel and get refund on pro-rata basis but to activate Relax you need to get the car serviced.

38 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The Lexus roadside assistance is £125 per year if you were to purchase separately.

Also just looked this up, still a bargain for ths service you get!

38 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The extended warranty T&Cs seems better than Relax

I'd be inclined to agree, more favourable wording towards Lexus is what I concluded.

I've just realised that I took out the 24 for 12 offer last year and did it on a direct monthly debit.

I don't need the MOT's as I have my local garage who do all my vans and other vehicles and don't need the assistance as I'm with a the AA 

So could I get a refund and revert to the standard warranty?

3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I've just realised that I took out the 24 for 12 offer last year and did it on a direct monthly debit.

I don't need the MOT's as I have my local garage who do all my vans and other vehicles and don't need the assistance as I'm with a the AA 

So could I get a refund and revert to the standard warranty?

You can phone up and cancel and anyting you are due back they will pay you. I paid all in one go, so I'm due a pro-rata refund as I've technically 'used' 3 months of the warranty, so still getting a large chunk back!

The new 'Relax' only comes into affect when you get the car serviced. So I have to go without warranty until March next year, not that I forsee any difficulties!

49 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

You can phone up and cancel and anyting you are due back they will pay you. I paid all in one go, so I'm due a pro-rata refund as I've technically 'used' 3 months of the warranty, so still getting a large chunk back!

The new 'Relax' only comes into affect when you get the car serviced. So I have to go without warranty until March next year, not that I forsee any difficulties!

Thanks I'll get on the phone.

Update, very pleasant people to deal with refund on it's way.

• 4 weeks later...

hi. It was mentioned to me at Lexus Birmingham that the Lexus Essentials servicing for older cars has been stopped. Now only this Relax thing exists.. I was told about a monthly payment plan, but  I'm still not sure the saving is all that great;  I think it saves you £180 if you pay monthly. If it was a saving of £400 it might be better

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links