Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Something strange happening recently. I put my hand in door and I cam open the door. When I put my hand in the handle sensor area I notice the indicator and mirror lights flash more than necessary. And all the doors dont open just driver door only. Is this the Battery on my fob is running low? Not sure why all my doors no longer opening.

It’s possible that the door unlock function of the key fob has become changed.  It can be reset using the key fob - apparently- and on my IS250 the relevant instructions appear in the Manual under the section headed: Opening and closing the doors and the trunk. 

If you don’t have the Manual I’ll get on to a different computer and try to insert a copy of the page.  But it is a different series of IS250.

Unfortunately the lexus.co.uk website only seems to provide Manuals for these cars from 2012 onwards.  Although this is the sort of operation that may apply across the model range.

• Like 1

Do you get the same if you unlock wirelessly and with the interior lock/unlock buttons? What happens if you try and unlock via the passenger door handle?

Try disconnecting the Battery for 3 mins to reset everything - sometimes a low Battery voltage upsets the door locking control system. Otherwise, based on similar issues in the states, it is possibly a problem with a fusebox/control module.

Tried my car last night and everything is ok. Thinking now I had my keys in my bag and maybe I accidentally changed the settings while the key was in my bag. I dunno. Strange. Could the hot weather cause this to happen or am I reaching???

7 hours ago, Marleez said:

Tried my car last night and everything is ok. Thinking now I had my keys in my bag and maybe I accidentally changed the settings while the key was in my bag. I dunno. Strange. Could the hot weather cause this to happen or am I reaching???

Reaching I think but who knows. Keep an eye on it. Even if you had someone managed to accidentally change the opening operation to driver's door only that wouldn't explain multiple hazard light flashing - you should only get two for unlock, more indicates a fault condition.

Somebody intercepting/repeating signal ? 

Lexus immobiliser can't be intercepted in RF method, but it doesn't mean some scum not going to try it anyway. 

7 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Reaching I think but who knows. Keep an eye on it. Even if you had someone managed to accidentally change the opening operation to driver's door only that wouldn't explain multiple hazard light flashing - you should only get two for unlock, more indicates a fault condition.

All doors are activated when I hold both buttons on the remote. But all the doors dont open. Only drivers door opens and the lights flash about 5 or 6 times, so strange. Cant figure out why this is happening ?

12 hours ago, Marleez said:

All doors are activated when I hold both buttons on the remote. But all the doors dont open. Only drivers door opens and the lights flash about 5 or 6 times, so strange. Cant figure out why this is happening ?

Marlon, if you read the Manual page that I referred to - and Igor actually provided - you will see that by holding BOTH buttons on the remote you are actually resetting the system each time!

By ‘both’ I presume you are referring to the open/close door buttons and ignoring the boot lid button.

Go back to the page Igor provided and cycle through the options to reset the system - and then just operate ONE button.

This may sort out your problem.

This morning. Everything worked ok. After car was left overnight. Now I checked this evening. Car hasn't been driven and I have the fault. After a hot day. I'm wondering if I have a faulty actuator and that is what is causing the issue?

Ok. Yesterday was a normal day. Less than 18 degrees in heat. All the doors was fine. No issues even after driving. All worked perfectly. The issue happens when the sun is out and the temperature is a about 25+ degrees and the car is boiling then only drivers side unlocks. The other doors I have to manually unlock them. 

What a strange thing.