Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bird Poop Stain.

Some useful info here but birds sometimes hit curved or vertical surfaces as I can testify living near the coast.  I use the old method of soaking and if necessary re-soaking several layers of newspaper in water and applying to affected area.  Very warm water works quicker. This softens deposits enabling much easier wipe off with micro cloth.  It can require a bit of ingenuity to keep newspaper in place sometimes.

I always give it a good soak first dampen to dripping a paper towel and leave it on the area in question gradually it will soften then practically rinse of.

I had the car outside today & it is barely noticeable from any angle, it just seems to be in the garage under the lights.

I may leave it & see if it self heals in our nice hot summer.😊

On the off chance, has anyone used Meguiars Ultimate Compound for removing this type of stain or is it too coarse?

22 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

On the off chance, has anyone used Meguiars Ultimate Compound for removing this type of stain or is it too coarse?

I've used it, not for this particular application but in general swirl removal prior to using Meg's Ultimate Polish then Ultimate Wax. T o very good effect.

Meg's own website cites it's use for removing bird lime etching..

"Our new abrasive technology quickly removes stubborn oxidation, stains, bird dropping blemishes and other sub-surface defects while polishing the surface to a mirror finish. Unlike traditional rubbing and polishing compounds that scour the surface, our new clear coat safe micro-abrasives produce an amazingly clear finish that is free from scratches, hazing and swirls. Whether working by hand or with our DA polisher, Ultimate Compound is the perfect choice to prepare your paint’s surface for your favourite Meguiar’s wax."

https://www.meguiars.co.uk/shop/ultimate-compound

• Like 1

Well I tried some Meguires Ultimate Compound tonight & if anything I think it has made it worse!!!

I am now concerned I may have taken the Clear Coat off on the stain, I done a 6" x 6" area like it said & went over it about 5 times wiping it off each time.

How much would it take to rub the Clear Coat off?

888142258_IMG_27562.thumb.JPG.2e09a60a865e9664d5a8ce441f300ddd.JPG

56 minutes ago, Bounce75 said:

Well I tried some Meguires Ultimate Compound tonight & if anything I think it has made it worse!!!

I am now concerned I may have taken the Clear Coat off on the stain, I done a 6" x 6" area like it said & went over it about 5 times wiping it off each time.

The likelihood is youve just dulled it up. I dont think you would have gone through unless using really heavy pressure.

Was there any colour on the pad you used?

Go over it with some Autoglym SRP again and youll know if youve gone through it as itll pull some colour out

Using Meg's Ultimate compound you won't damage the clear coat.

You need to polish it off now using Meg's Ultimate polish, finishing with a wax protectant. I use Meg's Ultimate Polish. 

Also depends on the suspect i guess. A sparrow produces a civilized signature but when a heron opens the bomb hatch its like someone just threw a full bucket of wall paper glue over you car. Utterly disgusting especially when driving and the wipers have to smear it off the windshield.. Ugh!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

The likelihood is youve just dulled it up. I dont think you would have gone through unless using really heavy pressure.

Was there any colour on the pad you used?

Go over it with some autoglym SRP again and youll know if youve gone through it as itll pull some colour out

I have just gone over it with some SRP & there is no colour on the sponge pad, I have also put some Ultimate Wax on it, but it still looks as bad.

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Using Meg's Ultimate compound you won't damage the clear coat.

You need to polish it off now using Meg's Ultimate polish, finishing with a wax protectant. I use Meg's Ultimate Polish. 

I have just put some SRP on it & Ultimate Wax, but it still looks as bad.

IMG_2763 2.JPG

1683986368_IMG_27642.JPG

On 6/7/2021 at 6:33 PM, Bounce75 said:

Likelihood of blowing through clear by using one of the mildest compounds is next to 0%, so don't worry about that 🙂

• Like 1