Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Retrofit of apple CarPlay to Rx450h

Has anyone retro fitted a 2016 rx450h to operate apple carplay?  There are some converters on the market that you can buy but I wondered if anyone had actually done this.  Lexus say they wont do it on the older Rx's at all

Thanks

Just now, Barry1000 said:

Has anyone retro fitted a 2016 rx450h to operate apple carplay?  There are some converters on the market that you can buy but I wondered if anyone had actually done this.  Lexus say they wont do it on the older Rx's at all

Thanks

Have a look at the topic below:

Thank you for the posts.  I’m still looking at the mo to see if there is anything else out there.  In any event I would get it fitted as I don’t fancy taking the dash etc apart myself.   I will update if I find anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abtx said:

Have you checked https://gromaudio.com? I've reached out to them asking about one for my 2010 RX but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I think it's worth it though, they seem to be one of the best for this kind of thing.

Well expensive and doesn't work brilliantly from what I can gather, which is why I thought I'd rather waste £200 instead of £600 if it came to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Really? I thought these were meant to be top notch. What's the £200 one you've got your eyes on? I have to replace media unit on my car as the Bluetooth module is broken, so I'd rather replace it with something more modern instead. That is, provided, I can replace whole media unit with the third party one.

9 minutes ago, abtx said:

Really? I thought these were meant to be top notch. What's the £200 one you've got your eyes on? I have to replace media unit on my car as the bluetooth module is broken, so I'd rather replace it with something more modern instead. That is, provided, I can replace whole media unit with the third party one.

Second post down from the top, just click on that picture headed 'Android Auto or apple Carplay - Carlinkit Decoder 2.0' for the details.