Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Relax

LexusDave

Anyone seen this new warranty deal from Lexus. I saw a link to the Toyota one on Facebook and did a search for the Lexus equivalent.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty/lexus-relax/

I was going to buy an extended warranty this year when my 3 years are up but I don’t need to now. I’ve got a service plan have today booked it in for its service and asked about Lexus Relax and the guy confirmed that my warranty will be extended for another year automatically.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell this is not a free lunch, lexus used to have essential care servicing which was around 180 for an interm and 295 i think for the full service? this now seems to be 295 and 495 - i guess still less than the warranty and one less thing to remember to renew

Seems like a good deal if you have the car serviced by Lexus

I bought my 2 year warranty in April the upside to the paid one is it comes with full Breakdown cover, MOT test and MOT test failure repair warranty that's not included in Relax. The paid Warranty also give you 140k miles or 10yrs instead of 100k miles or 10yrs, only a problem if you do higher mileage.

I would have  taken advantage of Relax if it had been available at the time but am not too fazed having the additional benefits included in the price. Plus the service plan keeps everything under one umbrella and  saves organising the other stuff.

I suppose it shows the faith Lexus have in the build quality to offer the Relax warranty, evident in our car never having a reliability issue. I have wasted all that warranty I purchased in the past 😅 totally unnecessary 😥

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Poundy said:

Seems like a good deal if you have the car serviced by Lexus

I bought my 2 year warranty in April the upside to the paid one is it comes with full Breakdown cover, MOT test and MOT test failure repair warranty that's not included in Relax. The paid Warranty also give you 140k miles or 10yrs instead of 100k miles or 10yrs, only a problem if you do higher mileage.

I would have  taken advantage of Relax if it had been available at the time but am not too fazed having the additional benefits included in the price. Plus the service plan keeps everything under one umbrella and  saves organising the other stuff.

I suppose it shows the faith Lexus have in the build quality to offer the Relax warranty, evident in our car never having a reliability issue. I have wasted all that warranty I purchased in the past 😅 totally unnecessary 😥

Insurance premiums are not wasted money, Norman.

• Like 2

This is fine if you have a newer car and out of standard warranty but for those with cars aged 5 years plus who don't want a warranty it's so much more costly than the previous Essential Care servicing, and only goes up to 10 years/100k miles. 

This is all very underhanded in my opinion. I've been bombarded with calls from a call centre to book my service yet they won't budge on price. It's a significant increase in cost and I don't want to pay for the 'free' warranty. Lexus thrive on customer satisfaction yet they are refusing to offer a loyalty discount too. 

Ultimately this, for me, could be an ownership game changer. Insurance premiums have risen due to the cat-theft situation/risk and now servicing costs (especially considering when a Prius in the same workshop is serviced for far less). 

I guess if enough people are dissatisfied with the handling of this matter by Toyota/Lexus and we all wrote to the Motoring Press, they would have a wonderful headline "Lexus falls out with its Customers !"

I’m sat on the fence over this one at the moment. I was going to renew the extended warranty at end July for £795 on the 2 for 1 offer. Now I won’t because I can’t. I’ll now have to pay full price for servicing over the next two years plus shell out for breakdown cover for both of us. I suspect the total cost over a two year period for full price servicing with free Relax warranty plus paying for breakdown cover will be broadly similar to two essentials services and an extended warranty.

But the warranty cover is quite different. Then again, I’ve often questioned the wisdom of buying extended warranties on a car that is deemed to be of good quality and reliability.

I suspect I will stay with the brand for now and enjoy the ‘free’ warranty right up to the point where I have an issue that the Relax warranty won’t cover that the extended warranty would have covered.

I say ‘free’ because it’s clearly not free, it’ll be funded from the full price servicing premiums for older cars.

The cynical part of me believes that Toyota and Lexus had a good look at the warranty claims history and decided to come up with a free warranty scheme. This new scheme covers all areas of these cars that have a very low claims history but excludes the areas of these cars that have a higher claims history. Then wrap it up in some marketing bull**** speak as a free warranty and hey presto it’s a winner.

Does anyone know if software updates are included in Relax? I guess they are where they are required to fix issues with areas of the car that are covered by Relax. I guess they are most definitely not for those areas of the car not covered.

13 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

plus shell out for breakdown cover for both of us.

my RAC full cover includes both me and my partner and both our cars too .............. if you thought about separate from the " all inclusive " cover with the Lexus programme

Malc

Just now, Malc said:

my RAC full cover includes both me and my partner and both our cars too .............. if you thought about separate from the " all inclusive " cover with the Lexus programme

Malc

Of course. Still has to be purchased though whereas it was part of the extended warranty.

Just now, paulrnx said:

Still has to be purchased though

for mere mortals yes :wink3:  ...........  complimentary free for me these days ( years )  after 50 years continuous membership 😊

Malc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

I’m sat on the fence over this one at the moment. I was going to renew the extended warranty at end July for £795 on the 2 for 1 offer. Now I won’t because I can’t. I’ll now have to pay full price for servicing over the next two years plus shell out for breakdown cover for both of us. I suspect the total cost over a two year period for full price servicing with free Relax warranty plus paying for breakdown cover will be broadly similar to two essentials services and an extended warranty.

But the warranty cover is quite different. Then again, I’ve often questioned the wisdom of buying extended warranties on a car that is deemed to be of good quality and reliability.

I suspect I will stay with the brand for now and enjoy the ‘free’ warranty right up to the point where I have an issue that the Relax warranty won’t cover that the extended warranty would have covered.

I say ‘free’ because it’s clearly not free, it’ll be funded from the full price servicing premiums for older cars.

The cynical part of me believes that Toyota and Lexus had a good look at the warranty claims history and decided to come up with a free warranty scheme. This new scheme covers all areas of these cars that have a very low claims history but excludes the areas of these cars that have a higher claims history. Then wrap it up in some marketing bull**** speak as a free warranty and hey presto it’s a winner.

Does anyone know if software updates are included in Relax? I guess they are where they are required to fix issues with areas of the car that are covered by Relax. I guess they are most definitely not for those areas of the car not covered.

Paul, the worst thing about sitting on a fence too long is rail marks on your arris 😎. But there are some other options. Consider a Nationwide flex account for £13 a month you get, breakdown cover, travel insurance and phone cover. Next find a dealer as I did who will give you 20% service plan discount. Use the savings to fund parts if /when needed or a 3rd party warranty offering. For example I recently bought gas struts from SGS Derby for a fraction of Lexus price and fitted them in 5 mins. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, MadJam250 said:

This is all very underhanded in my opinion. I've been bombarded with calls from a call centre to book my service yet they won't budge on price. It's a significant increase in cost and I don't want to pay for the 'free' warranty. Lexus thrive on customer satisfaction yet they are refusing to offer a loyalty discount too. 

Ultimately this, for me, could be an ownership game changer. Insurance premiums have risen due to the cat-theft situation/risk and now servicing costs (especially considering when a Prius in the same workshop is serviced for far less). 

Then find another dealer, service is only once a year so no great hardship 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Paul, the worst thing about sitting on a fence too long is rail marks on your arris 😎. But there are some other options. Consider a Nationwide flex account for £13 a month you get, breakdown cover, travel insurance and phone cover. Next find a dealer as I did who will give you 20% service plan discount. Use the savings to fund parts if /when needed or a 3rd party warranty offering. For example I recently bought gas struts from SGS Derby for a fraction of Lexus price and fitted them in 5 mins. 

Got any Green Shield Stamps left Phil?😊

• Like 1

To get back on topic chaps I listen these days to talk radio and they have just run an advert by Lexus for lexus Relax! And, promoting it as a manufacturers warranty which I guess, technically speaking it is but could be seen as a little disingenuous? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

To get back on topic chaps I listen these days to talk radio and they have just run an advert by Lexus for lexus Relax! And, promoting it as a manufacturers warranty which I guess, technically speaking it is but could be seen as a little disingenuous? 

Prima Facie it looks outstandingly good Phil. Disingenuous it most certainly is as I have said previously.

Just watch Lexus slipping down the Customer Service Ratings.

Only Katie Price thinks that all publicity is good publicity.😊😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Why ask a question to which you already know the answer John 😅😅😅

I believe that Barristers are advised to ONLY ask questions to which they already know the answer!

Perhaps John follows the same principles?

29 minutes ago, LenT said:

I believe that Barristers are advised to ONLY ask questions to which they already know the answer!

Isn`t that for John to know and for you lot to find out Lenny ?🤣🤣

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LenT said:

Are you saying Len, that Barristers have principles? 🤣 You're having a laugh 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I do think comparing it to the new car warranty is a tad misleading.  Funnily enough, I was at the dealer today and the service guys didn't even know much about it.  Apparently, the inside info on it has been moving very slowly through the dealer network.