Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Relax

LexusDave

7 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I do think comparing it to the new car warranty is a tad misleading.  Funnily enough, I was at the dealer today and the service guys didn't even know much about it.  Apparently, the inside info on it has been moving very slowly through the dealer network.

7 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I do think comparing it to the new car warranty is a tad misleading.  Funnily enough, I was at the dealer today and the service guys didn't even know much about it.  Apparently, the inside info on it has been moving very slowly through the dealer network.

Totally agree 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:56 AM, Phil xxkr said:

Paul, the worst thing about sitting on a fence too long is rail marks on your arris 😎. But there are some other options. Consider a Nationwide flex account for £13 a month you get, breakdown cover, travel insurance and phone cover. Next find a dealer as I did who will give you 20% service plan discount. Use the savings to fund parts if /when needed or a 3rd party warranty offering. For example I recently bought gas struts from SGS Derby for a fraction of Lexus price and fitted them in 5 mins. 

Yes Phil. I will be looking at all options for breakdown cover. We already enjoy travel insurance via our Nationwide account so definitely an option. Cheers 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Are you saying Len, that Barristers have principles? 🤣 You're having a laugh 

I find it best to answer the question I want to answer which is not necessarily the one I’ve been asked 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I find it best to answer the question I want to answer which is not necessarily the one I’ve been asked 😀

Do you mean Paul a sort of - definite possibility of a firm maybe? 😎😎

10 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

So on those occasions  my question is; Do you think you can can a can as well as a canner can can a can? 

I canna can a can

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give any positives about this compared to the Essentials Cares costs? I know it gives a warranty but if I don't want that then the servicing cost now is far higher than the Essentials. I think Lexus has priced out the owners of older models who aren't going to benefit as much,especually when the car approaches 10 years old. 

13 minutes ago, MadJam250 said:

Can anyone give any positives about this compared to the Essentials Cares costs? I know it gives a warranty but if I don't want that then the servicing cost now is far higher than the Essentials. I think Lexus has priced out the owners of older models who aren't going to benefit as much,especually when the car approaches 10 years old. 

These any good to you Martin ?

https://clivewoolfordltd.co.uk/car-service-prices/lexus/

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my service and new 'free' Relax warranty applied. They say to relax but under the old warranty you had the multi media system covered and breakdown cover included. With Relax the former is not covered and the latter is an additional cost. Bit misleading, eh Lexus? 

51 minutes ago, MadJam250 said:

Just had my service and new 'free' Relax warranty applied. They say to relax but under the old warranty you had the multi media system covered and breakdown cover included. With Relax the former is not covered and the latter is an additional cost. Bit misleading, eh Lexus? 

Martin, 1. Did you check out the link I gave you ?

2.Where did Lexus mislead anyone ?

21 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Always admire your resilience John 😊

Just now, Phil xxkr said:

Always admire your resilience John 😊

Thank you kind sir.

I was once, but for a long time known as "Rumpole", Phil. 

I have for a long time admired the character  and qualities exhibited by Lord Denning in his time as M.O.T.R.

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

1. The link related to someone who serviced any car

2. Lexus have said that 'Relax' is a warranty as good as the previous one, but it doesn't cover multi media failure or provide breakdown cover, so it's not a true statement which, in turn, as others have also said, is misleading, is it not? 

9 hours ago, MadJam250 said:

1. The link related to someone who serviced any car

2. Lexus have said that 'Relax' is a warranty as good as the previous one, but it doesn't cover multi media failure or provide breakdown cover, so it's not a true statement which, in turn, as others have also said, is misleading, is it not? 

Thanks Martin.

I knew that that the garage serviced a range of cars and hoped it might be of benefit to you.

I take it you mean that an employee of Lexus told you.......in which case that was not only misleading it was an untrue statement.

If you mean however that Lexus has made a public statement that the Relax Warranty is as good.......then please refer me to that statement if you can as it can have serious consequences.

Many thanks for for responding Martin. 

23 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Martin.

I knew that that the garage serviced a range of cars and hoped it might be of benefit to you.

I take it you mean that an employee of Lexus told you.......in which case that was not only misleading it was an untrue statement.

If you mean however that Lexus has made a public statement that the Relax Warranty is as good.......then please refer me to that statement if you can as it can have serious consequences.

Many thanks for for responding Martin. 

It says it on the website that Relax is as good as the previous warranty, but it clearly isn't if it doesn't provide the same level of cover, as detailed above. 

The sevice dept informed me it offered the same cover as have others on this forum being told. 

It is also saying that Relax is free yet the servicing costs have now risen, which therefore doesn't make the obligatory warranty free per se. The previous warranty included breakdown cover, so owners now have yo take out a separate policy for that too if they do indeed want similar cover, so yes, to say Relax offers the same level of cover is not true and misleading, as others have pointed out on here and elsewhere. 

More here:

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/159610/is-the-cover-of-the-toyota-lexus-relax-warranty-better-or-worse-than-an-extended-warranty-

• Like 1

The Lexus UK magazine issue of June 1 introduces Lexus Relax;

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-warranty-how-lexus-relax-cover-works/comment-page-1/#comments

In the feature it states-

“This new Lexus warranty covers the same parts and labour as the three-year manufacturer’s warranty provided on new Lexus vehicles and the one-year manufacturer warranty that’s standard with approved used vehicles. 

It does not include wear and tear items, bodywork, paint, interior trims and maintenance parts.”

there is a link to the T&C.

10 minutes ago, bigglesfllesundone said:

The Lexus UK magazine issue of June 1 introduces Lexus Relax;

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-warranty-how-lexus-relax-cover-works/comment-page-1/#comments

In the feature it states-

“This new Lexus warranty covers the same parts and labour as the three-year manufacturer’s warranty provided on new Lexus vehicles and the one-year manufacturer warranty that’s standard with approved used vehicles. 

It does not include wear and tear items, bodywork, paint, interior trims and maintenance parts.”

there is a link to the T&C.

Here's your answer Roy.

So that is misleading then as the previous warranty covered, for example, the multi media system which Relax does not. 

8 minutes ago, MadJam250 said:

Here's your answer Roy.

So that is misleading then as the previous warranty covered, for example, the multi media system which Relax does not. 

Thanks for that Martin.

The person who feels aggrieved in the article was misinformed. The current Extended Warranty is considerably better than Relax and she is better ( in my opinion) staying with it. She can ask for a refund of her £500 and stay with Relax if she wishes.

Things are being said by different people in different circumstances about different things and this is the fault of Lexus UK and its communication machine. Matters are being passed on in this Forum and orally without full possession of the facts.

In essence (as I think you know Martin) Relax is introduced by Lexus in the UK. It is free of charge and provides certain guarantees against replacement/repair, subject to certain Terms and Conditions. It is applied annually upon completion of Service by Lexus following  the expiry of the 3 years manufacturers warranty and covers vehicles from 4-10/100,000 miles/ years old.

There currently exists a Lexus Extended Warranty for vehicles 4-10/140,000 miles/ years old. It is being withdrawn but those who currently are contracted to the Warranty can choose to continue with it until its expiry or to move over to Relax and receive a refund of an appropriate sum, subject to certain conditions. The current Extended Warranty is/was for a 2year period payable in full after 12 months. This LED some people to think that the second year was free when in fact they were paying the sum due for 24 months up front.

There is not a shred of doubt that the Terms and Conditions applicable to the current Extended Warranty are superior to those applicable to the Relax warranty. It will not be possible for current holders of this Warranty to extended it further and so,( unless Lexus UK ISSUES A REPLACEMENT EXTENDED WARRANTY PERHAPS 150,000 MILES/15 YEARS AT A SUITABLE COST?) owners will lose all cover if their vehicles exceed100,000 miles/10 years old.

It is regrettable in my view that an authorised consolidated statement could not have been issued by or on behalf of the Lexus UK Organisation for everyone to receive and digest the same message.

Please do let me know Martin if you do not agree with my interpretation of current events.

In which case a PM might be appropriate ?

• Like 3

I've messaged my local dealer and Lexus HQ for their take on things. 

If we're being told to 'relax' and then end up getting a huge bill for a multi media fault it kind of goes against the name of the warranty. Losing breakdown cover and having to buy new cover is also not that relaxing either. 

Plus, under the Essentials Servicing scheme my servicing costs have almost doubled now, so having the warranty as 'free' is also not true, especially if I didn't want the warranty cover anyway. As others have said, Relax will work for them but excluding multi media cover is going to end up being a very frustrating and costly matter for a few when they realise Relax won't cover that, at least. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 3:28 PM, royoftherovers said:

Thank you kind sir.

I was once, but for a long time known as "Rumpole", Phil. 

I have for a long time admired the character  and qualities exhibited by Lord Denning in his time as M.O.T.R.

Ah yes, Denning, I do recall giving him security clearance you know 😎 (apologies to Flanders & Swann) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Ah yes, Denning,

don't you need the Rolls for that ..  being the Master of them ............  

sorry, is this a little too subtle in my dotage !  Lexus just won't " cut it "  ....  and one certainly wouldn't Relax without a super doopa warranty

Malc

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malc said:

don't you need the Rolls for that ..  being the Master of them ............  

sorry, is this a little too subtle in my dotage !  Lexus just won't " cut it "  ....  and one certainly wouldn't Relax without a super doopa warranty

Malc

Malc, you must be in your dotage and confusing Relax with Relapse 😊 you are maybe lapsing again into a time when you had a carefree new car warranty, Mars bars were a tanner and policemen didn't look 12 years old 😎

And if you're ordering rolls may I please have a ham & cheese on brown with a gherkin and Meaux mustard Ta😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2021 at 2:18 PM, royoftherovers said:

Hi John, 

Do you know anyone like the above that is in the north east? for my IS220D i used an independent but since COVID he has had to close and i have since changed to a CT and was wondering is it worth going to Lexus for the warranty extension or go to a indi like what you have posted.

Regards

Joel 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links