Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Refund On my Lexus extended warranty

I hope this helps

Hello to one and all. Ref Lexus Relax and the 12 month free Warranty after your service 

I purchased a brand new Lexus NX 17th March 2021, I also purchased an extended warranty with the offer buy the 4th year warranty and receive the 5th year free

I rang Lexus Extended warranty Team. Result Full refund on my extended warranty

I just need to pop into my dealership, they will pay me Lexus will refund them

My Dealer was saying he went to sell an extended warranty to a new customer Tuesday and was told 

" we don't sell them any more as the free warranty after service is the same cover "

• Like 1

Yes but the new Relax warranty is not the same cover. There are exclusions that weren't there in the 2 for 1 warranty, such as shock absorbers, light units , multi media equipment. There are also a lot of weasel words such as "exceptions shall include but not be limited to" and "not included if not expressly mentioned" . It's all written in a way that gives the warranty company an easy escape route in the event of a claim. Lexus service staff are going to be dealing with a lot of very unhappy customers in due course when they find out that what they thought was covered actually isn't.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, 08ISF said:

Yes but the new Relax warranty is not the same cover. There are exclusions that weren't there in the 2 for 1 warranty, such as shock absorbers, light units , multi media equipment. There are also a lot of weasel words such as "exceptions shall include but not be limited to" and "not included if not expressly mentioned" . It's all written in a way that gives the warranty company an easy escape route in the event of a claim. Lexus service staff are going to be dealing with a lot of very unhappy customers in due course when they find out that what they thought was covered actually isn't.

And don`t overlook the key words in the new warranty "manufacturing or assembly defect" or similar. That`s gonna be a tough one to overcome for owners.

• Like 5

I have cancelled the extended warranty also and I am waiting for a refund. It was just a question of phoning the dealer and took no longer than 5 minutes. I was told that Lexus Relax is replacing the extended warranty, but unfortunately I did not think of asking whether all extended warranties will be cancelled and refunds issued as a matter or course, or whether it is up to car owners.

28 minutes ago, DanD said:

I have cancelled the extended warranty also and I am waiting for a refund. It was just a question of phoning the dealer and took no longer than 5 minutes. I was told that Lexus Relax is replacing the extended warranty, but unfortunately I did not think of asking whether all extended warranties will be cancelled and refunds issued as a matter or course, or whether it is up to car owners.

Thanks Dan. "Replacing the Lexus Warranty " is a little disingenuous of them as the one you have cancelled was far superior. Still you have your money back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Dan. "Replacing the Lexus Warranty " is a little disingenuous of them as the one you have cancelled was far superior. Still you have your money back.

which may explain why dealers were so quick to cancel them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DanD said:

How old is your vehicle - are you still in manufacturer's warranty or is your vehicle now no longer covered until you next get a service?

From Whatcar

According to Toyota, the Relax warranty covers the same parts and labour as the three-year manufacturer’s warranty provided on a new  Lexus . I am going ring Lexus extended warranty again, and I am going in to talk to my dealership Monday 

I think Toyota have now realised that a single extended warranty claim can wipe out the money paid for it in one foul swoop even with trade priced parts and ignoring the labour costs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

From Whatcar

According to Toyota, the Relax warranty covers the same parts and labour as the three-year manufacturer’s warranty provided on a new  Lexus .

Whatcar obviously didn't read the Relax T's & C's because it doesn't. My local dealer has advised that  as my next service comes up 3 months before my existing warranty runs out, the existing warranty will stay in place until it expires, and then Relax will take over until the next service. That works for me.

14 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

How old is your vehicle - are you still in manufacturer's warranty or is your vehicle now no longer covered until you next get a service?

The car was first registered in February 2018 and was serviced two days ago. It is just over 3 years old, but only had just over 10,000 miles on the clock when I bought it in February this year.

• Like 1

My final thoughts 

After talking to Lexus Extended Warranty I am leaving my 4/5th year paid for extended warranty in place and I have declined the refund.

I rang Lexus  extended warranty team and asked 

are we being recorded they said yes I asked does my  paid 4/5th extended warranty cover provide better cover than the free after service 12 month warranty they said yes 

• Like 3

Of course they said yes, they want to keep your money, not refund it.

It's irrelevant, in your case, if it's true or not as I guess, you won't be changing your cover, so will not be comparing what you might have received if you have to make a claim,

2 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

My final thoughts 

After talking to Lexus Extended Warranty I am leaving my 4/5th year paid for extended warranty in place and I have declined the refund.

are we being recorded they said yes I asked does my  paid 4/5th extended warranty cover provide better cover than the free after service 12 month warranty they said yes 

Very sensible Phillip. It is comforting when something communicated orally turns out to be correct.

I took the same decision a short while ago after reading the new T&C.

Royoftherovers  I was just laughing your forum name I can't remember the comic but I remember ROY . Back to my decision I believe I made the right choice Especially as i got the two years for half price I think Lexus are doing a great thing and providing a 12 month warranty for older cars it will be limited but I believe it will bring customers in and give them reassurance nice to hear from you . I haven't forgotten my promise on my new Lexus versus My 2019 Rave 4 ( all new as Toyota says) I have been restricted on mileage but I'll post shortly 

1 hour ago, Marlinleg said:

Royoftherovers  I was just laughing your forum name I can't remember the comic but I remember ROY . Back to my decision I believe I made the right choice Especially as i got the two years for half price I think Lexus are doing a great thing and providing a 12 month warranty for older cars it will be limited but I believe it will bring customers in and give them reassurance nice to hear from you . I haven't forgotten my promise on my new Lexus versus My 2019 Rave 4 ( all new as Toyota says) I have been restricted on mileage but I'll post shortly 

Glad my Forum name raised a smile Phillip.

There are few boys on  this Forum who in their younger years did not meet Roy.

I think he first appeared in the comic "Tiger."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Glad my Forum name raised a smile Phillip.

There are few boys on  this Forum who in their younger years did not meet Roy.

I think he first appeared in the comic "Tiger."

Don't be fooled by John's svelte words Phil. He's actually from Roy, who ran the Rovers Return pub in Coronation Street on the telly 😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marlinleg said:

My final thoughts 

10 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Of course they said yes, they want to keep your money, not refund it.

It's irrelevant, in your case, if it's true or not as I guess, you won't be changing your cover, so will not be comparing what you might have received if you have to make a claim,

They would also say yes if it were true...

My 2015 IS has had extended warranty after the manufacture warranty expired, I purchased the 2 for 1 offer in July 2020 so I’ve had 11 months worth, 13 months still to go, I assume I won’t get a refund as the second year is ‘free’. I’m also due for the £650 60k service, refund on the warranty would help with that!!

Just now, Casa1862 said:

My 2015 IS has had extended warranty after the manufacture warranty expired, I purchased the 2 for 1 offer in July 2020 so I’ve had 11 months worth, 13 months still to go, I assume I won’t get a refund as the second year is ‘free’. I’m also due for the £650 60k service, refund on the warranty would help with that!!

You would get a refund Casa. Just ignore the bit about "the second year is free" as that is Marketing jargon merely to entice you.

Cheers, I’ll ring them on Monday, thinking about it though, the reason I went for the warranty was it was relatively cheap when you consider two free mots(£100), 2 person Full AA membership for two years (£400) so actual warranty £800 for 2 years, minus £500 for for AA and mots and it’s £300 for two years, you can’t expect more than that! I’m assuming the new warranty won’t include AA and free mot, not much in it.

4 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

Cheers, I’ll ring them on Monday, thinking about it though, the reason I went for the warranty was it was relatively cheap when you consider two free mots(£100), 2 person Full AA membership for two years (£400) so actual warranty £800 for 2 years, minus £500 for for AA and mots and it’s £300 for two years, you can’t expect more than that! I’m assuming the new warranty won’t include AA and free mot, not much in it.

I have kept mine Casa. The new deal is no deal at all by comparison. Mine runs on until September 2023.

I can see why, my effective cost would be £150 per year, only reason I may give it up is that I’ve never used it!! Not looking forward to the 60k full service though, I’ll see if they will do a deal £650 is a big chunk of change for a six year old car. They do my minor service for £180 which is a good price.