Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

battery not holding charge.

10 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

What is the best recommendation.

How long have you got?  ☹️

The simple answer is get an auto electrician to test everything.  You could just replace the Battery.  But if the problem is that it’s not being properly charged or there’s a current leakage somewhere, then the problem will simply reoccur.

if it’s an old Battery that’s not been getting a proper charging, then it may just need a reconditioning programme from a decent Battery charger, such as a CTEK.

Other obvious, but sometimes surprising causes, are such as interior lights staying on.  Or any lights for that matter.

I’d eliminate all the other possibilities first before replacing the battery- unless it’s obviously so old that it’s worth investing in a new one anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9 hours ago, ahmed-abrar said:

Tayna Batteries is the way to go, lots of options at very reasonable prices & quick delivery . 

Just be aware I bought a Battery with 5 year warranty which went wonky. This was a top-end one for my Jaguar. When I contacted Tayna their response is send it back to us to investigate at your cost! If its proven to be duff they will replace it but in the meantime you have no car unless, their suggestion was buy a new one until they complete investigation! My recommendation is always buy local, garage /mechanics/Halfords etc. Yes it's £20 quid more but worth the grief. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 5:01 PM, NemesisUK said:

If it truly isn't holding a charge the replace it.

+1

Not worth the hassle. Come the Winter it will be dead.