Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 6/5/2021 at 9:05 AM, Ian Lamkin said:

My 2014 is300h has done 120000 trouble free miles but hasn’t been serviced by Lexus for a few years….. will it need any software updates ??

With respect Ian, I would have thought that software updates might be the least of your worries.  That you’ve had 120K miles trouble free without recent servicing is a testament to the Lexus build quality.  But servicing is designed to prevent problems, not resolve them when they occur - as they eventually will.

Also the lack of a Full Service History will have already severely harmed its resale value.  So I wonder what has brought about your reticence to look after the car by means of regular servicing?

I think you’ll find that most posters on this site will have a rather different view as to how to look after a Lexus. 🙂

• Like 1

In fairness to Ian, he said:

hasn’t been serviced by Lexus

not that it hadn't been serviced at all. And that exact point is why he asked about updates which - typically - would only be applied by a Lexus dealership.

I would go with the "if it ain't busted, don't fix it" methodology myself. The car is 7 years old and I guess most essential updates would have happened in the car's early life so you should be ok on that front. When I got mine (same age as yours) I did some investigation into updating the infotainment system (which includes satnav data) and then decided not to bother. My phone generally connects fine to the Bluetooth and I have never used the Satnav (preferring my phone with its updated maps) so why bother?

You can check for any software updates by logging into Lexustech.eu and entering your VIN number.

However this is considered as a last resort after having tried all possible solutions to a given issue.

Before applying any updates, you should look for any Technical Service Bulettins relating to the said issue and follow them.

If your car is ok without any issues, or trouble codes which cannot be cured, then you shouldn't be worried. 

Chris.

Worth calling a dealership to confirm whether there are any recalls for this car. Doubt it though. Software updates are not normally free unless done to remedy a problem either under warranty or perhaps as part of a tech bulletin or recall, as said above, if it ain’t broke ....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links