Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

Neither does our GSF, but I can’t say I miss them. 

Haven't switched on front fogs on any car for 20+ years other than to check they were working before an MOT. I've had to change the glass lens due to stone damage more often than I've actually used them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Haven't switched on front fogs on any car for 20+ years other than to check they were working before an MOT. I've had to change the glass lens due to stone damage more often than I've actually used them.

My front fogs on a car were not working but I was told it was not part of the Mot!  This may have changed in the last 4 years?

9 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

My front fogs on a car were not working but I was told it was not part of the Mot!  This may have changed in the last 4 years?

Yes that is correct; I've been wasting my time!

Seems to have been a very recent change which now makes it part of the MOT:

image.thumb.png.f938d1c07f8a21283a8cd271490dc9c2.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, stevetees said:

Honest opinion needed, can anyone have advise on either purchasing a NX premier or GS premier?

Very different vehicles, depends on your needs. The GS is certainly smoother and more powerful, be that the 300h or 450h, but it is a saloon not an SUV.

The NX would definitely depreciate less.

That’s a great feedback from you Colin. I too was thinking about depreciation for the GS, but was also thinking about the refinements in the GS and the ML sound system feels better in the GS than the NX premier. Also I’m concerned about the NX depreciating because of the new facelift coming in September 2021. I think GS has already taken the hit it will. (Just my opinion) open to other members views.

Saloon vehicles are no longer in demand, and big Lexus saloons never had been, so will continue to depreciate faster than SUVs.

The NX may take a hit with the new model, unless the new model is more expensive, but will still be less than the GS. The RX has always held up well, even with newer generations, mainly because it always came with a price rise.

• Like 2

A fellow man of Kent (or Kentish Man if you prefer), where in Kent are you?

This is one lovely car Dave and welcome to the forum! I've never seen that colour, but it looks pretty special from the pics.

I'm also on the hunt for a Mk4 GS, as the lack of used options for the Mk3 is thin on the ground.

• Like 1

Nx is being replaced and so will the RX in 2022. 

The GS450h will always be the latest hybrid RWD sedan from Lexus as there is no replacement.

It will hold its value better than the current generation NX and RX once the new generation is released.