Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I recently had to scrap my '96 LS400- too many things wrong to be viable for me to renovate (I'd had it since 2001, and 250,000 miles). I had replaced it a couple of years ago with my current '08 GS450h (currently ~ 44,000 miles) but sorely miss the sophistication of the LS. I have seen numerous reviews of the LS600h recently and as it's effectively the big brother of my GS450h (at least in terms of the drivetrain) I am extremely interested in changing to a ~2011 LS600h. The reviews lead me to believe I should be able to acquire one for approx. £12000 but I haven't even seen any younger than '09 for sale at all. Is there some sort of secret society I should join in order to track one down??? 😀😀😀

Hi Sandro

The 2011 models with the upgraded grill, lights, mirrors and cluster are very rare - it is just a case of checking the usual websites in addition to this website. You recently missed a members FSH LS600.

I saw the recent one for sale here - predated my decision 😒.

One of the main reasons I'm opting for a post '10 model is that I believe the front suspension was beefed up after concerns of poor life expectancy - If this isn't teh case, I think I prefer the "old" styling.

I'll keep looking.

The only LS I have seen with suspension problems (relating to the struts) are pre-facelift LS430s.

The facelift 430 is pretty robust (bar failed ride height sensors due to water ingress)

I certainly have'nt heard of suspension problem with the 460 or any age 600.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

The only LS I have seen with suspension problems (relating to the struts) are pre-facelift LS430s.

The facelift 430 is pretty robust (bar failed ride height sensors due to water ingress)

I certainly have'nt heard of suspension problem with the 460 or any age 600.

To be honest, the pre and facelift LS430 suspension is identical and they all fail in the same way. The LS460 suffers the same fate, it's a game of Russian roulette with any air suspension after 10 years or so. They can all be converted to springs, ask Steve if the one he bought from me has a good ride after conversion and I'm sure he'll say it has. I'd never buy another ageing car with air!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WSandME said:

I saw the recent one for sale here - predated my decision 😒.

One of the main reasons I'm opting for a post '10 model is that I believe the front suspension was beefed up after concerns of poor life expectancy - If this isn't teh case, I think I prefer the "old" styling.

I'll keep looking.

If you prefer the "old styling" wouldn't it make sense to spend much less for an older model and use the rest of the money to have new suspension fitted?

4 minutes ago, PJ Murphy said:

I know it’s a 460 but quite rare. I too have been tempted to upgrade from my 460 but think I’ll keep it and try to buy a new 460 or 600 from 2012 onwards but really as you say not a lot of choice out there at present 

Good point about prices going up, I am also considering a change to a Bentley Arnage R however it will be more expensive to run with such things as the co efficient being 0.35 as opposed to the ls 600 being 0.26! Mpg, noise etc but £20k will by a very nice low mileage example but probably no where near as reliable as the Lexus. Both cars feel very solid and ooze driving confidence if I can find a good low mileage ls600 I think that would suit my yearly mileage of usually 40,000 plus miles, I am spoiled in having my 460 with only 78k on the clock as an upgrade from my LS430. I look forward to seeing what you go for and wish you well in your search.

39 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

It will never be out of the shop    

my indy mechanic has often persuaded me NOT to buy a Bentley ....  I want an S3 specifically ........... or any Bentley he says as in his experience it would be on a trailer down to him more than it would ever be able to be used properly by me

My Ls400 is the better option for longevity ..  12/15k miles a year....... in ride comfort and security of on-going bank balance

But I'll always be tempted i know

Malc

• Like 1

Finding VW parts stickers in my mates Bentley has been an amusing game for us since he bought it 🤣 It's a lovely thing and I would love one if I could afford it but to me the Lexus is still where my heart and head are at the moment and show no sign of being any different (unless I win the lotto) even then, it would be a shiny new LS and I would restore my 06 car and keep it.
I also noticed the prices of the LS models going up and indeed the severe lack of them for sale here in Northern Ireland. There are a number in the south that could be grabbed if anyone is looking but even there they are getting scarce

• Like 2

So I was looking at Which? To see if the GS450H was any good and the LS600H is their highest rated car car they have reviewed with 84% and a Which? Best Buy. It’s not very economical for a hybrid, more performance so you’re likely to achieve around 25MPG. With that being said it looks to be a lovely car.