Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bike racks RX 450h takumi pan roof

Just upgraded my RX to a newer 19 model. However Lexus tell me I can’t fit a bike rack to the pan roof, as it won’t take the weight of 2-3 bikes. I’ve been to Halfords, and they say exactly the same, it’s a definite no. I was looking at a saris bones EX 803, for the back, but not sure, it says it will fit 90% of suvs. 
Surely there must be a solution somewhere…

2 hours ago, Evilyoda said:

Just upgraded my RX to a newer 19 model. However Lexus tell me I can’t fit a bike rack to the pan roof, as it won’t take the weight of 2-3 bikes. I’ve been to Halfords, and they say exactly the same, it’s a definite no. I was looking at a saris bones EX 803, for the back, but not sure, it says it will fit 90% of suvs. 
Surely there must be a solution somewhere…

Not sure if that is any help, but Saris bone did carry 2 bikes on the MR2 Spyder and VW Golf 2.8tdi DSG with no problems. Only 2 persons were biking then so there was an empty place in the Saris for a 3rd. bike.

I've regular use a roof bars and a box with my RX450h with panaromic with no issues. I always remove the fuse for the sunroof so I can't accidentally open it as the roof bars could obstruct. I am also very careful with loading the bars and box so as not hit the glass, and not to overload the roofbox. I've not had any issues, and I am aware of other who do the same. I've taken the risk and had no issues, but it's your risk.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links