Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New (used) NX 300h Luxury 2017 purchase

Hello everyone,

I am super excited to reveal our new purchase of NX300h Luxury 2017 (blue), which will be a new addition Lexus to our parking drive with my GS450h. My wife owns a Tiguan VW 2009 (2.0 TDI) and because of ULEZ introduction in London (which will be expanding inside North & South Circular zone from end Oct 2021). My wife is not the kind of person who likes changing cars and although she loves her Tiguan, has come to the point of making a decision to replace it with a newer vehicle.

At first, she wanted a newer Tiguan (I was not too keen to stay with VW after diesel scandal) or an Audi Q5 (nice car but not Lexus with all reliability) but I gave her some additional options to try the Hybrid cars.

We looked at Toyota RAV4 (new shape) but they are quite expensive and still lack the luxury feel inside for my liking and she agreed. She then saw a beautiful used Lexus NX300h Luxury 2017 blue colour AWD, rear camera parking, adaptive cruise control, accident detection warning etc. (with black leather - she hates other colours and prefers black) in Lexus dealership in Leicester.

So we drove there yesterday and test drove it and she immediately saw how smooth and comfortable the car is and she loves it (and I too!), so it was no brainer, we finally bought it! The car will be ready for pick up in the next few days and we cannot wait to collect it and drive it back home to make it complete with our GS450h.

Questions, I wanted to ask:

Is it worth having the CATLOCK to secure the catalytic converter? Or is this car difficult for thieves to steal it on the NX300h?

Can we retrofit a software to have the phone (android and iPhone) working as sat nav? If not, no big deal but just wanted to ask.

Thank you!

20210605_170034.jpg

20210605_170025.jpg

20210605_163051.jpg

674478601_interior300h.png

64646174_interior300h2.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nico72 said:

Questions, I wanted to ask:

Is it worth having the CATLOCK to secure the catalytic converter? Or is this car difficult for thieves to steal it on the NX300h?

Can we retrofit a software to have the phone (android and iPhone) working as sat nav? If not, no big deal but just wanted to ask.

Thank you!

Hi @Nico72

Congratulations on the purchase of your NX - it looks very nice indeed.

To answer your questions:-

As far as I know, there have been no reports of CAT thefts from NX's - on this forum at least. From what I can gather the CATs are not easily accessible (there are previous threads on this subject on the forum so feel free to have a browse of those). I'm not even sure if a CATLOCK device has been created for the NX.

It looks like your NX is a pre-facelift version meaning that it is not possible to have the Android Auto or apple Carplay retrofit from Lexus. Other Lexus owners on here have tried various aftermarket solutions, but with mixed success. Again, might be worth doing a search for these threads on the forum.

Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nico72 said:

There isn't an official Catlock for the NX as it hasn't been a target and therefore Toyota hasn't commissioned one to be designed and manufactured.

The secondary cat under the vehicle isn't as accessible as it is on the RX for example, but I think the main reason why it isn't a target is newer cats don't have as much precious metals in them and therefore aren't worth as much - more money to be made by targeting the older vehicles.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Hi @Nico72

Congratulations on the purchase of your NX - it looks very nice indeed.

To answer your questions:-

As far as I know, there have been no reports of CAT thefts from NX's - on this forum at least. From what I can gather the CATs are not easily accessible (there are previous threads on this subject on the forum so feel free to have a browse of those). I'm not even sure if a CATLOCK device has been created for the NX.

It looks like your NX is a pre-facelift version meaning that it is not possible to have the Android Auto or Apple Carplay retrofit from Lexus. Other Lexus owners on here have tried various aftermarket solutions, but with mixed success. Again, might be worth doing a search for these threads on the forum.

Hope this helps. 

Thank you Andy for clarifying these! My wife and I are very excited with this purchase.

47 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

Nick, Lexus Exeter have advised me that there is not a Catlock available for the NX300h.

Have a look at this thread, there may be others.

NX Catalytic Converter Thefts? - Lexus NX300h / NX200t Club - Lexus Owners Club

Thanks Geoff.

24 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

There isn't an official Catlock for the NX as it hasn't been a target and therefore Toyota hasn't commissioned one to be designed and manufactured.

The secondary cat under the vehicle isn't as accessible as it is on the RX for example, but I think the main reason why it isn't a target is newer cats don't have as much precious metals in them and therefore aren't worth as much - more money to be made by targeting the older vehicles.

Good to know! Thanks.

Does anyone have a pdf Brochure that specifically gives all the specs for Luxury segment 2017? I would love to have one. The only brochure I could find is the most recent NX model, which does not mention Luxury... Thanks in advance!

19 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

Does anyone have a pdf Brochure that specifically gives all the specs for Luxury segment 2017? I would love to have one. The only brochure I could find is the most recent NX model, which does not mention Luxury... Thanks in advance!

This should cover it (this is the pre facelift)

NX_BROCHURE_UK_2017.pdf

• Like 2

Hello, today was our collection day to pick up the NX300h from Lexus Leicester to London and we drove back really impressed with this car. We are so happy with this purchase! Amazing car!! We love the way it drives on the motorway and city. It is really a good car and I can see the things that have been done to it compare to my GS 450h.

The car does have enough power and it has a tendency to cruise at the same speed for a while even if you release the accelerator (our Tiguan did not do this, it would decrease speed instantly) - so long driving distances, this is perfect and very relaxing.

The adapting cruise control is a very good thing to have when in lots of traffic on motorway.

The air con is brilliant, provide cool air like wind blowing from time to time unlike Tiguan making the air con constant blowing. There are some small touches that show how much they thought through like stopping the air con for back passengers (brilliant idea!).

We cannot wait to drive luxurious miles with this car - even our 2 young kids (8 and 6) did not complain during the entire trip back home...They were super happy.

Please see some photos of this car parked next to our GS450h...

20210612_185450.jpg

20210612_185539.jpg

20210612_185858.jpg

20210612_185922.jpg

20210612_190607.jpg

IMG_20210612_193908_439.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Cracking Nick! Really glad you are pleased. I did wonder if you would find the engine underpowered compared with your 450h. 

I can tell you that the power in the NX300h is more than enough. This car has AWD so the power delivery was quite smooth and it is a very capable car to drive long distances... Of course the GS450h has more power but do you really need all this in a SUV? I think not...

• Like 1