Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF / RCF shorter front number plate

I would like fix a shorter (legal) front number plate to the front of our GSF.  I was wondering if anyone else is running a shorter plate and if so, how have you attached it to the grill? 
I have thought about purchasing a USA RCF / GSF number plate holder, but I’m not sure if the fixing bolt pattern would match our UK cars. 

I had this thought too, but it got put the on the never ending 'to-do' list 😛

Was going to find a suitable number plate holder and/ or fashion one and try to utilise existing mounting point on the grill/ bumper

GSF currently SORN so might actually get done before it goes back on the road! If you sort a solution, would be super intrigued on the end result 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you for the part number. I will see if LDP can give me a price. I have also contacted the seller in America about this, to see if they can measure the distance between the fixing holes.  If it’s the same as our plate holder then I will probably order one. 

• Like 1

The UK/Euro plate holders usually have four mounting holes cut into the bumper. The US plate holder has only two. Not sure about the grill mounted holders. Best to do an eBay search on the bumpers and it should show you whats under the plate mount.

I think the UK GSF holder is secured by 2 bolts and multiple clips that attach to the grill. I don’t think these clips have any attachment points on the grill, they just clip on to it as such.  I will take mine apart before I order anything later this week and confirm. 👍🏾

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F.A. said:

I think the UK GSF holder is secured by 2 bolts and multiple clips that attach to the grill. I don’t think these clips have any attachment points on the grill, they just clip on to it as such.  I will take mine apart before I order anything later this week and confirm. 👍🏾

You are in fact correct, I have done this previously ha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arnett said:

You are in fact correct, I have done this previously ha

Did you move your plate to another location? 

On 6/6/2021 at 7:10 PM, hockeyedwards said:

I had this thought too, but it got put the on the never ending 'to-do' list 😛

Was going to find a suitable number plate holder and/ or fashion one and try to utilise existing mounting point on the grill/ bumper

GSF currently SORN so might actually get done before it goes back on the road! If you sort a solution, would be super intrigued on the end result 🙂

Kieran….. do you want us to start a go fund GSF me page so you can un-sorn the gsf…… 😂

sorning a F is sacrilege 👎🏻

20 hours ago, RichGS11 said:

The UK/Euro plate holders usually have four mounting holes cut into the bumper. The US plate holder has only two. Not sure about the grill mounted holders. Best to do an ebay search on the bumpers and it should show you whats under the plate mount.

RCF and most likely GSF only have 2 mounting points on OEM plate holder…unfortunately once plate holder is removed you can see where grille has been cut for screw to fit threw to attach mount 

See pic 

3456D5B1-F82B-4F1D-A53C-EA288C21E048.jpeg

• Like 1

I removed the front number plate holder last night. As mentioned above, there are two mounting bolts but unfortunately the clips attach to the black plastic part behind the grill, so there are also an additional 6 holes in this part, which are visible when the holder is removed. Four of them will probably be covered by the US plate holder but the outer two will still be visible. I’m not sure I would be able to accept his with my OCD 😂

638DD25A-0B28-4A0F-BA40-245B4B503546.thumb.jpeg.e940a545ea5641d2f6983e75caad27b5.jpeg
The distance between the centre of the mounting holes is 7 inches. The US dealer has measured a distance between the US holder mounting holes of 3.75 inches. On that basis, it doesn’t appear to fit l, although I’m not entirely sure they understood what I was asking.  The search continues. If only we didn’t have to run a front plate...

26552946-F9D3-43DF-9587-C03FD3258D0E.thumb.jpeg.6a4a4fc7c51170b91a86a344032ec2be.jpeg

9 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Kieran….. do you want us to start a go fund GSF me page so you can un-sorn the gsf…… 😂

Solely paid for by you, yes please 😛

4 hours ago, F.A. said:

I’m not sure I would be able to accept his with my OCD

Bit of black duct tape should sort that 😆

4 hours ago, F.A. said:

I’m not entirely sure they understood what I was asking

definitely this 😆

On 6/7/2021 at 11:01 AM, F.A. said:

Did you move your plate to another location? 

I had mine in the window and a friend 3D printed some pieces to fill the spaces on the front grille.  

😅 It's back to normal now though as she goes this week 🥲

• Sad 1