Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

insurance claim history of a reg?

Hello all

just wondering if anyone knows of a reliable website that could possibly show me the insurance claim history of a particular reg? 

im the market for a lexus hybrid and would like to know this information (CAT thefts to be exact)

im not sure if websites are allowed to expose such information but just thought id ask

thank you

Joe

6 minutes ago, Joeb359 said:

Hello all

just wondering if anyone knows of a reliable website that could possibly show me the insurance claim history of a particular reg? 

im the market for a lexus hybrid and would like to know this information (CAT thefts to be exact)

im not sure if websites are allowed to expose such information but just thought id ask

thank you

Joe

Joe, in UK IT IS THE CLAIMS record of the driver that is required ,not the car, so I think that you will be unsuccessful in your quest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

You can check if a car has an a CAT or has been stolen/recovered  using many websites but all require payment for a comprehensive search.

Try

https://www.mycarcheck.com/

or

https://www.instantcarcheck.co.uk/

But that is only if car was deemed write-off or if entire car has been stolen and then recovered. Neither would help to check if the cat was stolen, unless the entire car was written of because of it (which is quite unlikely).

As John said - you can check such info in UK and (hopefully) in most countries in the world. If you could, then I could see quite a few privacy issues arising from that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joeb359 said:

Not really sure what you'd do with such info anyway?

If it's had a cat stolen, what does that prove? Lots of hybrids have had cats stolen and lots more will no doubt fall foul of this in the future.

10 hours ago, Linas.P said:

As John said - you can't check such info in UK and (hopefully) in most countries in the world. If you could, then I could see quite a few privacy issues arising from that. 

mean to say can't... 

9 hours ago, Herbie said:

Not really sure what you'd do with such info anyway?

If it's had a cat stolen, what does that prove? Lots of hybrids have had cats stolen and lots more will no doubt fall foul of this in the future.

I guess some info could be useful i.e. if cat was previously stolen just to see if it was properly replaced... But I don't think knowing insurance claim history is necessary for that - simply take car for pre-purchase inspection and they should check it. Even MOT nowadays checks whenever cat is fitted.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links