Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looks very nice and well looked after, mainly straight passes on MOT  (parking brakes always seem to give trouble probably through lack of use).

The promised 12 months MOT should show any potential defects and it looks like previous advisories were sorted as not mentioned subsequently.

If the test drive went well and you have thoroughly inspected it it looks good to me but at the end of the day that is your personally decision whether to buy it or not.

Buying from a motor dealer gives you more consumer protection if things do go wrong and they also appear to have a good 4.9 rating.

• Like 1

if my memory serves me, these specific cars suffered from serious rust rot underside ...  MOT reads fine but just check nowt has been covered up

A very low mileage for 18 yrs old so it might be a snip .........  or not

Just be aware

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc said:

if my memory serves me, these specific cars suffered from serious rust rot underside ...  MOT reads fine but just check nowt has been covered up

A very low mileage for 18 yrs old so it might be a snip .........  or not

Just be aware

Malc

I think the only ones with rot were the ones that had lived near the seaside. My 2005 RX300 certainly didn't suffer from it.

From the button by the cigar lighter it looks like it's an SE-L model with the air suspension. You are hopefully familiar with the pitfalls of the air suspension on the earlier RX's and the expense of replacements should they go wrong? If not, do have a look as paying £700 a corner for new shocks and/or a new compressor unit isn't for the fainthearted especially on an older car. 

Prices of old RX's seem to be firming up a bit (what I call the Scotty Kilmer effect) although other YouTubers Like Matt at High Peak Autos have praised the RX's virtues as well. Maybe you could call it the YouTube Halo effect.

I paid £2500 for my RX with just over 100K miles back in 2018. But it seems the going rate now is £3000 or more for a similar car. It depends if you are happy to pay the premium for a car with lower miles.

If you doo look at it, make sure the suspension hasn't deflated when you first see it, the tyres are all matching and evenly worn, the handbrake works and all the electric bits do what they are supposed to do like the reversing camera and electric tailgate and the aircon is cold.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links