Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing and warranty

Has anyone had experience of the new warranty arrangements that Toyota and Lexus have just issued?  They now call this Lexus Relax.  As long as you have the car serviced by Lexus and it has done less than 100,000 miles and is less than 10 years old they give you a years warranty.

This is interesting if somewhat annoying as I have pre purchased three years of warranty and a condition of the warranty is that it needs to be serviced by Lexus.  So I am now thinking of cancelling the warranties and getting a refund.

Also they Lexus dealers now no longer offer a discount on servicing to Lexus Forum members since the new rules have been brought in according to my Lexus dealer so this now needs updating on the owners site.

The down side of this new arrangement is that you can't warranty cars for greater than  100,000 miles where as under the old arrangement as long as you started you warranty at less than 100,000 miles then you could continue it each year provided the car was under 10 years old.  Apart from this the new arrangement is cheaper than the old one.

You have not been reading the Forum have you Barry ?

Do a search and discover what we think of it.

Your Lexus Extended Warranty will be allowed to run its course, or you can have a refund if you want to move to the much inferior Relax warranty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

You have not been reading the Forum have you Barry ?

Do a search and discover what we think of it.

Your Lexus Extended Warranty will be allowed to run its course, or you can have a refund if you want to move to the much inferior Relax warranty.

Agree with you entirely John, but didn't realise no discount for LOC Gold Card members? Here am I extolling virtues of same to find out no longer true or is it 🤔

• Like 1

Just now, Phil xxkr said:

Agree with you entirely John, but didn't realise no discount for LOC Gold Card members? Here am I extolling virtues of same to find out no longer true or is it 🤔

Don`t worry Phil, our Politicians have been doing it for years without conscience.

Just stay on the straight and narrow and sleep well at night, old pal.😊

51 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Don`t worry Phil, our Politicians have been doing it for years without conscience.

Just stay on the straight and narrow and sleep well at night, old pal.😊

Well I have just returned from Somerset on the straight and narrowish M5, horrible journey 🤕. But I stayed in an exemplary enclave in Bridgwater and travelled back in something similar (my RX). And now, my local beckons where a few pints of Pedigree will see me sound in the arms of Morpheus whether I have a soul let alone a conscience 😇

2 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Well I have just returned from Somerset on the straight and narrowish M5, horrible journey 🤕. But I stayed in an exemplary enclave in Bridgwater and travelled back in something similar (my RX). And now, my local beckons where a few pints of Pedigree will see me sound in the arms of Morpheus whether I have a soul let alone a conscience 😇

Orpheus?

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Orpheus?

No John, from the Greek, Ovid's Metamorphoses, the son of sleep.,not the underworld thats for the readers of Sun and drinkers of Buckfast 🌞

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

No John, from the Greek, Ovid's Metamorphoses, the son of sleep.,not the underworld thats for the readers of Sun and drinkers of Buckfast 🌞

Thank you Phil.

You really must explain your love affair with Greece to us all.

9 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Thank you Phil.

You really must explain your love affair with Greece to us all.

Apart from, the history, fundamental to Western Civilisation, the contribution to the richness of the English language, the hospitality of the Greek people, spectacular islands that rival the Caribbean , an attitude to life that underpins longevity, great food, wine and music I can't think of a single reason why one would go 😎

• Like 3