Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

number plates

I just buy them online. Never needed to provide any documentation apart from if I needed a specific plate that only some places sell and only if they insisted

Any online plate maker will make them. You just have to get him the sizes if it's not offered online as a standard size. I presume you want a massive plate to fit whole bumper cut-out on the back?

Hi Robert.

I recently assigned my cherished number onto my UX. Lexus Glasgow kindly made up my plates for free and also offered to fit them. They supplied the larger rear plate and the normal sized front plate, both came pre drilled for easy fitting. Perhaps your local Lexus dealer will be just as accommodating.

Cheers.

Sandy.

40 minutes ago, Sandy__Lexus said:

Hi Robert.

I recently assigned my cherished number onto my UX. Lexus Glasgow kindly made up my plates for free and also offered to fit them. They supplied the larger rear plate and the normal sized front plate, both came pre drilled for easy fitting. Perhaps your local Lexus dealer will be just as accommodating.

Cheers.

Sandy.

So, I guess that the Lexus Dealer`s name appears on your plates now Sandy?

A win/win situation as he gets free advertising and you get free plates. He merely absorbs the cost within his advertising budget which probably gets reimbursed by Lexus G.B.

36 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

So, I guess that the Lexus Dealer`s name appears on your plates now Sandy?

A win/win situation as he gets free advertising and you get free plates. He merely absorbs the cost within his advertising budget which probably gets reimbursed by Lexus G.B.

Hi John

Correct….Lexus Glasgow branding appears on my registration plates. Personally I would prefer to display that rather than some random plate makers name and post code.

Cheers.

Sandy.

• Like 1

Always had my Dealers stick my private plate on the new purchase.

Do not understand what benefit you gain doing the transfer yourself.

Tel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Always had my Dealers stick my private plate on the new purchase.

Do not understand what benefit you gain doing the transfer yourself.

Tel

I believe it can take longer that's all - possibly this has changed. Someone I heard had to wait two weeks.

All sorts of reasons. I wanted to take my plate off my Saab and put it on the Subaru. In theory I should have been able to take the plate off online and pass the retention certificate on to the dealer for the Scooby Doo. As it was DVLA said no to doing it online for reasons I still don't understand and I had to do it by post. I'd had the Subaru a fortnight before the docs came through.

As far as online plate makers are concerned I've used Plates For Cars many times. And their details are barely noticeable in the bottom right corner.

• 2 weeks later...

hi the dealership originally agreed to sort the plates , but  3 months down the line i am still waiting 😞 so getting some made myself, the holes look different on the lexus than on other cars and dont fancy getting the wrong ones 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, robwaldron157 said:

hi the dealership originally agreed to sort the plates , but  3 months down the line i am still waiting 😞 so getting some made myself, the holes look different on the lexus than on other cars and dont fancy getting the wrong ones 

Use the sticky pads if you can. Rather than drilling holes. You can order them with the plates from the supplier I linked to or get them from Halfords.