Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus service

vere peters

23 minutes ago, vere peters said:

Guys, had a not good experience at a Lexus dealer in Croydon, not satisfied with the treatment received. I would counsel caution if you use them in future. 

Vere, can you enlighten us a bit more pleased ?

What did you ask them to do and what did they do?

Attitude to you as a Customer?

Look forward to hearing from you .

Thanks and regards.

Took the SC in for 4 new tyres in Feb (Lexus Croydon), never got the car over 45mph before March noticed vibration through the steering. Immediately I figured that one of the wheels wasn't balanced or a weight had fallen off. So although I had only 4K miles since last service I booked it in for a 'mini service' in May. By then I noticed that under braking, from speed, I was getting 'judder' back through the steering. Non of this was happening prior to the 4 new tyres. It also started to 'squeal' every time you braked.

I reported all this and took the car in for it's service. They said that a brake caliper was stuck and but they managed to free it and lubricate it, saying it was fine, they then said that a 'plastic wheel spacer' had broken and needed to be replaced (£20.00), then they said that the brake pads had no 'shims' and charged me £68 x2 for them.  so my bill for my mini service came to £600.00. I challenged them on how suddenly the car had developed all these faults after they had put 4 new tyres on the car but not a thing was wrong with it before then. Passed MOT in November, no problem, had done only 4k miles or less actually since that MOT.

I have asked Lexus UK to intervene.          

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vere peters said:

Oh I forgot to mention that that they also claimed that the right front disc was warped!!

Thanks Vere for the update.

You should speak with the Dealer Principal at Croyden before raising the matter with Lexus.U.K.

Are you a member at Lexusworld.com as most of the SC Owners reside there ?

On 6/9/2021 at 12:48 PM, vere peters said:

Took the SC in for 4 new tyres in Feb (Lexus Croydon), never got the car over 45mph before March noticed vibration through the steering. Immediately I figured that one of the wheels wasn't balanced or a weight had fallen off. So although I had only 4K miles since last service I booked it in for a 'mini service' in May. By then I noticed that under braking, from speed, I was getting 'judder' back through the steering. Non of this was happening prior to the 4 new tyres. It also started to 'squeal' every time you braked.

I reported all this and took the car in for it's service. They said that a brake caliper was stuck and but they managed to free it and lubricate it, saying it was fine, they then said that a 'plastic wheel spacer' had broken and needed to be replaced (£20.00), then they said that the brake pads had no 'shims' and charged me £68 x2 for them.  so my bill for my mini service came to £600.00. I challenged them on how suddenly the car had developed all these faults after they had put 4 new tyres on the car but not a thing was wrong with it before then. Passed MOT in November, no problem, had done only 4k miles or less actually since that MOT.

I have asked Lexus UK to intervene.          

I’m very much on your side but as an retired mechanic can I give a neutral opinion ? 4K miles is a lot of mileage before reporting a problem and can I use an mot test as an example …."a car is only roadworthy on the day of the test" .

It’s taken 4K miles for your car to develop a braking fault, It’s very easy for a brake caliper to become stuck due to corrosion in that 4K and you didn’t need a small service so that just added to your bill.

Think you have a weak case for a complain….sorry .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Bob King said:

I’m very much on your side but as an retired mechanic can I give a neutral opinion ? 4K miles is a lot of mileage before reporting a problem and can I use an mot test as an example …."a car is only roadworthy on the day of the test" .

It’s taken 4K miles for your car to develop a braking fault, It’s very easy for a brake caliper to become stuck due to corrosion in that 4K and you didn’t need a small service so that just added to your bill.

Think you have a weak case for a complain….sorry .

I'm inclined to agree with you, I think a week or two, but 4k miles, I don't think Lexus will be interested unfortunately.

• Like 1

Just to clearify Bob, I didn't do 4k miles from when I had the tyres replaced, I meant that since its last service a year ago I had only travelled 4k miles.

I hadn't done 400 miles on the new tyres, just booked it in for service as a year had past as well the problems I was encountering. 

• Thanks 1

Not satisfied about Lexus dealers? Try Mercedes Benz for a change. Tried  (!) to buy a car in one of their shiny million euro palaces last Friday and was refused a testdrive. Sorry Sir but you will understand that we will have to reach financial agreement before that? How do you mean i have to buy the car before i can have a go? Exactly Sir!  Needless to say i wished them all the best with their excellent customer service and left. The arrogance was just unbelievable. This was in The Netherlands, no idea if the UK MB organisation has reached this level as well.... Next day we bought an Audi Q2, its my wifes car would have preferred an UX but these are still above my pay level!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive got nothing by high praises for Lexus Croydon and the staff there,

they look after both our Lexus’s … RCF and NX and have always gone above and beyond our expectations 

yeahhhhh go lexus Croydon lol 😂 sorry but the Croydon team is actually the best I’ve dealt with over my 18yrs of lexus ownerships and dont usually big upa dealer up but in my experience these get 5stars

unfortunate you didnt get the same experience but luckily you got your problem resolved

423500BD-2C9C-44D6-887D-AEB751682FA2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/14/2021 at 7:57 PM, dutchie01 said:

Not satisfied about Lexus dealers? Try Mercedes Benz for a change. Tried  (!) to buy a car in one of their shiny million euro palaces last Friday and was refused a testdrive. Sorry Sir but you will understand that we will have to reach financial agreement before that? How do you mean i have to buy the car before i can have a go? Exactly Sir!  Needless to say i wished them all the best with their excellent customer service and left. The arrogance was just unbelievable. This was in The Netherlands, no idea if the UK MB organisation has reached this level as well.... Next day we bought an Audi Q2, its my wifes car would have preferred an UX but these are still above my pay level!

Toyota Salesman on the Wirral tried that on me 25 years ago Bernard. I just told him to go and run !

I then bought a Daihatsu Charade-3 cylinder turbo diesel, just brilliant. 83mpg, Wirral-Wimbledon-Wirral.