Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

boot only going half way up

On my NX300 Today I went to open the boot and its only going half way up !! I rang local Lexus dealer who said it must be a sensor problem, but I wonder if anybody has had the same problem. Most grateful for any suggestions.  

Is it not still covered by the 3-year manufacturers warranty? If it is within the time period I'd get it to the dealer to let them sort it.

I'd check if you haven't in advertantly changed the boot opening settings first.   Can't remember the exact setting location but I believe its the steering wheel setting and has certain level if opening

• Like 1

Agreed- check the multi-function display on the dash to see if the opening height has been adjusted, or, alternatively, open the boot, then manually push it open further to the height you want and then hold down the "close" button on the boot until you get a long beep.  It should then open next time to the height you've just set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies, I cant find any reference to boot opening height on the dash display, anybody know where to find it ? Neo_gsf thanks for your suggestion, I tried it but it did push up to correct height but when I re tried it was still only halfway (approx) up.

thanks for your help

Thanks all for your help.

With what you suggested and a question placed on internet I found the link below.

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/how-easily-adjust-opening-height-rear-hatch-lexus-rx-crossover

I obviously didnt wait for a long enough beep !! it actually gave 3 beeps.

Thanks, problem solved. Thank goodness for forums like this

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Roychip said:

Thanks for your replies, I cant find any reference to boot opening height on the dash display, anybody know where to find it ? Neo_gsf thanks for your suggestion, I tried it but it did push up to correct height but when I re tried it was still only halfway (approx) up.

thanks for your help

Page 118 of your manual explains it all, by the way.... 

I have set mine to raise half way to avoid it hitting the garage door. It’s pain on the back when I load and unload items but at least it avoids damage to the body work. Those Japanese engineers think of every detail 😃

1 hour ago, Rosella said:

Those Japanese engineers think of every detail 

It's a nice feature, but pretty standard across the industry. Audi, VW, Volvo, Tesla, Land Rover, Honda, Mazda, MB, BMW, Kia and probably a dozen more all have this.

I must have a different manual to you then in mine page 118 is part of the " maintenance and care" section and is mentioning Light bulbs, LEDs and condensation build up ???  😁 

Manual pt no: PZ471-U0047-EN      V0

Anyone got a different version

34 minutes ago, Roychip said:

I must have a different manual to you then in mine page 118 is part of the " maintenance and care" section and is mentioning Light bulbs, LEDs and condensation build up ???  😁 

Manual pt no: PZ471-U0047-EN      V0

Anyone got a different version

I just went to the Lexus website and downloaded the manual so may well be a slightly different version to what you are looking at. It's in the Power Back Door section - just do a search or look in the index. What I was really getting at is all the information you need is in your manual. 

I used to have a 2016 NX so know it's definitely in the manual as I always read them for the cars I own. 

11 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It's a nice feature, but pretty standard across the industry. Audi, VW, Volvo, Tesla, Land Rover, Honda, Mazda, MB, BMW, Kia and probably a dozen more all have this.

Except the Land Rover ones will fail of course... 😂

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Steve Oliver said:

Except the Land Rover ones will fail of course... 😂

Years ago a colleague was responsible for the transport fleet at a Copper mine in Africa. They had over 100 Toyota pickups and SUV but the board directors insisted on 6 Range Rovers. His team spent most of their time keeping the RR on the road.

Thanks Colin Barber

I was using the manual supplied with the vehicle, in which I could not find any reference to adjusting the height of the boot.   Lexus dealer told me it must be a dodgy sensor and would take it in to look at it, surely they must know  about this height adjustment !

I have downloaded the "full" manual from lexus, so much more info. Many Thanks.

Roy 

• Like 1