Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Currently on the Honest John website (honestjohn.co.uk)

On 6/13/2021 at 7:16 PM, Malc said:

isn't a £1000 headlamp replacement more " normal " these days 

thinking about this issue a little and " misting " MOT failure

could one just drill a tiny tiny aperture at the rear of the the lamp itself to allow moisture to escape  OR might this stop the LED working properly  ........  might save that £1000 replacement cost in these circumstances

Malc

7 minutes ago, Malc said:

thinking about this issue a little and " misting " MOT failure

could one just drill a tiny tiny aperture at the rear of the the lamp itself to allow moisture to escape  OR might this stop the LED working properly  ........  might save that £1000 replacement cost in these circumstances

Malc

The units are meant to be sealed so moisture doesn't get in. Drilling a hole could just make it worse - yes it might allow what is there to dry out but the next rainy day you are just going to get more moisture in there which will over time cause issues with the chrome plating.

Best to remove from the car, put in the oven, break open the seal and reseal with silicon adhesive/sealant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

break open the seal and reseal with silicon adhesive/sealant.

sounds to me like a brilliant secondary market occupation for some young ( younger than me :yahoo:) entrepreneur

Malc

• Like 1