Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Destination

Is there a way to set a list of favourite destinations in the sat nav that can be retrieved so that a destination can be selected from the list?
Yes, I have read the manual. I have re read the manual.

7 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Is there a way to set a list of favourite destinations in the sat nav that can be retrieved so that a destination can be selected from the list?
Yes, I have read the manual. I have re read the manual.

In my 2010 GS I am offered the choice of setting a new destination or of choosing one from a list of destinations I have set previously.

Have a couple of points for reading and rereading your manual ikeja.🤞

Thank you Roy

I must be a retard as I cannot see how to set a list of destinations.
Am I the only one who has this difficulty?

Guess I need to sit in the corner of the classroom

7 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Thank you Roy

No problem Barry. My system is from 2010 but when you go to input a new destination is there anything on the screen which mentions previous destinations ?

Go to say nav screen. Select Menu. Scroll to Memory and select. Then edit if you want to edit and existing memory point. Or Register if you want to create a memory point. When creating a memory point it gives you a number of options- recent destinations, current location or address so that you can enter an address.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:20 AM, ikeja said:

Thank you Roy

You are not the only one.  One moment I think I have mastered the Navigation. The next time I go to use it,

nothing does what I want it to.  I usually rely on my Garmin sat-nav which is far easier to use and always

up to date.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 11:57 AM, ikeja said:

Thanks Paul, just picked this up. Problem is now resolved:)

Was it worth it?

I ask because I agree with Alan’s post above.  My Garmin is far superior to the Lexus sat/nav that I have.  In fact I’m not even sure the Lexus one can now even be updated.  At best I believe it was biennial and updating cost about the same as a complete and superior Garmin system which came with a lifetime of four free annual updates!

It’s also very easy to turn off while driving- something I never managed to master with the Lexus system.

In short, yes. Worth it to me as I don't have a smart phone, actually prefer planning a journey by map than relying on sat nov, but when driving round an unfamiliar city sat nav is very helpful.