Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wet carpets under front driver and passenger

Hi, 

I've recently purchased a 2007 Is250 and love it but recently found my first issue with it. While looking for my wallet I noticed the carpet under both front seats are wet. I've had a little googleing and it seems like there may be a known issue (mostly in the US) with a clogged pipe related to the air conditioning. Has anyone had this issue and had it resolved? I don't fancy getting ripped off by a lexus dealer. Any help would be appreciated 

9 hours ago, dotmatrix said:

Hi, 

I've recently purchased a 2007 Is250 and love it but recently found my first issue with it. While looking for my wallet I noticed the carpet under both front seats are wet. I've had a little googleing and it seems like there may be a known issue (mostly in the US) with a clogged pipe related to the air conditioning. Has anyone had this issue and had it resolved? I don't fancy getting ripped off by a lexus dealer. Any help would be appreciated 

Welcome AJ.

If you bought it from a Dealer within the last 6 months it is his responsibility to fix it at no cost to you.

if you have had the car longer than the 6 months john has mentioned have a look

under the carpet by the transmission tunnel there will be a drain tube there

it goes throught the floor to drain ( well it should drain outside )

once you have found the pipe put some towels down and disconnect the tube,

blow down the tube to make sure the drain is clear

i have used a syringe and warm water squirted water back up the drain tube

into the ac system to dislodge any blockages once running clear reconnect the drain tube

• Like 1

Hello AJ and welcome to the LOC.

Having looks for the AC condenser drain I cannot see one on the exploded parts list or in the listing as shown below.

Normally this pipe if blocked or disconnected would result in the foot wells getting wet but you mention it is under the front seats?

There are also sun roof drains but these tend to be routed down either the A or C pillars to exit under the car.

Have you checked the sunroof is fully closed and sealed?

Have you also checked the engine coolant level to see if it is dropping at all?

A588A67B-6A59-48D1-88F7-7417F5B6D63B.png

Thanks for the reply guys, have had a manic few days so completely forgot I'd even posted this🥴 @royoftheroversthis was purchased over a year ago now so can't play that card ☹️ I'll be taking it to the local garage today to see if they can find it. @200hif I can get in via the inside that would save load hassle, I will ask the mechanics to check that first. @steve2006there's no sunroof on this one but thanks for looking and I'll have a look at the coolant level now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dotmatrix said:

Thanks for the reply guys, have had a manic few days so completely forgot I'd even posted this🥴 @royoftheroversthis was purchased over a year ago now so can't play that card ☹️ I'll be taking it to the local garage today to see if they can find it. @200hif I can get in via the inside that would save load hassle, I will ask the mechanics to check that first. @steve2006there's no sunroof on this one but thanks for looking and I'll have a look at the coolant level now. 

Although the blocked air con drain is a common problem I had an issue with a damp carpet on the passenger side on my IS 300h. Asked Lexus to take a look (as I thought it may be the air con drain - I've had blocked drains on other cars) and they informed me that the water was coming from the windscreen and down the A pillar - I had a new windscreen fitted some months earlier and so took it back to the fitters and they removed the windscreen and said that something hadn't been sealed correctly at the top of the windscreen - they fitted a new one and all has been well since. If you have had a new windscreen (or it had one before you got it) just a thought that it may be worth checking that too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Late update on this. The Mechanics managed to get to the grommit behind the transmission and pull it out. No more wet carpets. happy days. Thank you all for your help😀