Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 NEW MODELS REVEAL

Carwow seems to think we're only getting the hybrids in the UK, that's the NX350h and NX450h+ (phev)

Won't be getting the NX250 or NX350 (turbo charged inline 4s)

https://www.carwow.co.uk/lexus/nx/news/5384/2022-lexus-nx-price-specs-release-date

There are 9.8" and 14" infotainment screen options.

And lexus uk say 450h availabile from September and 350h from October 2021

https://www.lexus.co.uk/car-models/all-new-nx/

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting and exciting time for Lexus and customers. It is a big step offering more choices. The new look of this car is a mix between the UX and IS (2021 model that is sadly not on sale in Europe). At last, what a good idea to introduce the 450h!! This engine powertrain with hybrid works beautifully well together. I think this SUV should even be quicker than the RX.

All excited and more so that we are going to collect our NX300h today!

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Kirk Kreifel on YouTube

Best channel, but occasionally does waffle 😆

1 hour ago, subria88 said:

Carwow seems to think we're only getting the hybrids in the UK

Correct 😄

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting and exciting time for Lexus and customers. It is a big step offering more choices. The new look of this car is a mix between the UX and IS (2021 model that is sadly not on sale in Europe). At last, what a good idea to introduce the 450h!! This engine powertrain with hybrid works beautifully well together. I think this SUV should even be quicker than the RX.

All excited and more so that we are going to collect our NX300h today!

Congrats Nick on your acquisition and at the start of a fine weather week 🎂 the review estimates 6s for 0-60, astounding but don't wont to think about tyre wear 😱

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

Congrats Nick on your acquisition and at the start of a fine weather week 🎂 the review estimates 6s for 0-60, astounding but don't wont to think about tyre wear 😱

Thanks! We cannot wait to get into the NX, which will be our family car for all future trips. It will fit nicely next to my GS 450h in our parking drive... 

• Like 1

Just now, Nico72 said:

which will be our family car for all future trips

Ours is the dog-mobile! Plenty of trips up to Scotland to conquer some Bens! It is a brilliant car, sure you will enjoy 🙂

• Like 1

0-60 in 6 seconds that is truly impressive. My GS450h officially does 5.9s so it shows how much progress that Lexus has done. German cars should be worried, the quality is so much more superior than most German cars in this segment...

4 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Ours is the dog-mobile! Plenty of trips up to Scotland to conquer some Bens! It is a brilliant car, sure you will enjoy 🙂

Fantastic! My wife is very excited too, as (finally) she came to realise how different the drive feels compare to her Tiguan (and she had it for 9 years!). She is not the kind to change cars often but due to ULEZ, she was compelled to change the car and at first, she was not so keen with the NX (I was!) but when she test drove it, she immediately sensed how quiet the car is and how comfortable the drive and super smooth driving on the road. She immediately connected with it and said: "let's buy it". 

• Like 1

looks great and I love it  but why can't I see the telephone button on the steering wheel?

please please do not do it like the ID3 where in order to make or recieve a phone call, you should take your eys off the road and check the tablet to find and press the green button...

18 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

Fantastic! My wife is very excited too, as (finally) she came to realise how different the drive feels compare to her Tiguan (and she had it for 9 years!). She is not the kind to change cars often but due to ULEZ, she was compelled to change the car and at first, she was not so keen with the NX (I was!) but when she test drove it, she immediately sensed how quiet the car is and how comfortable the drive and super smooth driving on the road. She immediately connected with it and said: "let's buy it". 

The Mrs wanted a Q3, which I wasn't against but made her test both before making a decision, she didn't like the old shape Q3 and she had to spec the new Q3 quite highly before she was happy with its creature comforts but the price was then eye watering! She loved the looks of the F-sport NX and the 'packs' are so much easier to navigate, we grabbed a bargain high mileage (for its age) NX which was fully kitted out, with the reliability rating being so high, I wasn't worried. The only thing she wasn't keen on, was the lack of 'oomph' but she's getting used to the CVT & hybrid style of driving 😛

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

looks great and I love it  but why can't I see the telephone button on the steering wheel?

please please do not do it like the ID3 where in order to make or recieve a phone call, you should take your eys off the road and check the tablet to find and press the green button...

Peripheral vision + muscle memory = problem solved, but probs can say 'answer' or a similar instruction 😄

23 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

As the Knight in the Indiana Jones film said Nick, "you chose wisely" both in a wife and a car 😘

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

0-60 in 6 seconds that is truly impressive. My GS450h officially does 5.9s so it shows how much progress that Lexus has done. German cars should be worried, the quality is so much more superior than most German cars in this segment...

Lexus US published the 0-60 times as part of their press pack

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40995/2022-lexus-nx-small-crossover-with-big-plans-as-lexus-first-ever-plug-in-hybrid

• NX 450h+: 6.0 seconds
  • NX 350: 6.8 seconds
  • NX 350h: 7.2 seconds
  • NX 250 FWD: 8.2 seconds
  • NX 250 AWD: 8.6 seconds
  • Like 1

The higher resolution images we now have of the 2022 NX reinforce my disappointment that the design isn't more radical. I know it's on a completely new platform, but it looks like an alternative finalist in an internal competition to sign off the production version of the original back in 2012. In my opinion it lacks the  coherence of Nobuyuki Tomatsu's original design, and the interior, with its awkwardly integrated touchscreen and slab of featureless grey on the passenger side, destroys the distinctive cockpit ambience of the first generation while not looking significantly more modern.

Setting aside the question of why there is as yet no BEV version (presumably there will be a Lexus version of Toyota's bZ4X in due course), it's frustrating that Lexus has given us the gorgeous LF-Z and then told us that it represents the style and aspirations for *2025*, while serving up a highly conservative re-hash of the existing NX on the TNGA platform to be going on with.

I have no doubt that the new NX will be a great car in terms of driving and ownership experience, and a step forward in performance and fuel economy, but it's nowhere near as innovative or exciting as the first generation seemed in 2014. When companies like Kia and Hyundai are already offering NX-class BEV designs now that look far more modern, Lexus is starting to look somewhat behind the curve.

40 minutes ago, Martin J said:

The higher resolution images we now have of the 2022 NX reinforce my disappointment that the design isn't more radical. I know it's on a completely new platform, but it looks like an alternative finalist in an internal competition to sign off the production version of the original back in 2012. In my opinion it lacks the  coherence of Nobuyuki Tomatsu's original design, and the interior, with its awkwardly integrated touchscreen and slab of featureless grey on the passenger side, destroys the distinctive cockpit ambience of the first generation while not looking significantly more modern.

Setting aside the question of why there is as yet no BEV version (presumably there will be a Lexus version of Toyota's bZ4X in due course), it's frustrating that Lexus has given us the gorgeous LF-Z and then told us that it represents the style and aspirations for *2025*, while serving up a highly conservative re-hash of the existing NX on the TNGA platform to be going on with.

I have no doubt that the new NX will be a great car in terms of driving and ownership experience, and a step forward in performance and fuel economy, but it's nowhere near as innovative or exciting as the first generation seemed in 2014. When companies like Kia and Hyundai are already offering NX-class BEV designs now that look far more modern, Lexus is starting to look somewhat behind the curve.

Completely disagree. There was a grave danger that in redesigning the NX they would design out the appeal of the shape and look of the first model which is stunning to look at, still. This even more aggressive looking version of the current look I think completely manages to update without losing what I loved and still love about the NX. It still looks very different to other SUVs on the road. They all fade into the background while this one continues to be a head turner. I'll be first in the queue.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Steve Oliver said:

Completely disagree. There was a grave danger that in redesigning the NX they would design out the appeal of the shape and look of the first model which is stunning to look at, still. This even more aggressive looking version of the current look I think completely manages to update without losing what I loved and still love about the NX. It still looks very different to other SUVs on the road. They all fade into the background while this one continues to be a head turner. I'll be first in the queue.

Well said Steve. Beauty does indeed lie in the eye of the beholder.👍👍

• Like 2

Looks lovely and I really like the way the new infotainment looks like ( except for the lack of telephone functionality on the steering wheel which I believe is a  mistake)

now if we can have the usual 12% carwow discount as soon as please...

So its a huge improvement on the current NX. Both inside and out. A lot of design features from the IS make it through.

We wont be getting the non-hybrid versions however, NX350h and NX450h+ should be plenty of choice and I believe the NX350h should be perfectly fine with its power output.  The 450h+ suggests 36 mile range. Thatll be closer to 30miles

I suspect the new NX will start at £38k and be around £50-55k for the 450h+. Unlikely to have discounts in the first year and probably £3-4k thereafter.  

The door handles are really interesting inside and out. Fixed handle and a covert interior opener!

9 hours ago, Nico72 said:

It's down the the electric motors which are much more powerful than fitted to a normal Lexus hybrid as this one is designed to operate as a full EV for 30 odd miles. Identical to the current Toyota RAV4 plug-in in terms of engine/hybrid system/performance.

6 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The door handles are really interesting inside and out. Fixed handle and a covert interior opener!

An electric door opener rather than an internal mechanical door handle seems a bit unnecessary at first but its linked to the safety system so it won't open the door if a car or cyclist is coming past which is quite a cool feature.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

Agree with you 100% Steve. This will be a class leading SUV. I reckon the 350h will start at £39k with the 450h+ at £50k.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

We wont be getting the non-hybrid versions however, NX350h and NX450h+ should be plenty of choice and I believe the NX350h should be perfectly fine with its power output.  The 450h+ suggests 36 mile range. Thatll be closer to 30miles

I suspect it will be much closer to the listed range. The Rav4 Prime from real world experience according to car magazine and user reports on reddit indicate it actually gets close to its listed 42mile range and exceeds it in some cases.

The NX450h+ is carrying a bit more weight which is likely why the listed Battery range is 36 miles. Based on the above, 36 miles should be 36 and not substantially lower.

They would be silly not to have the base NX 350h coming under the luxury tax threshold at 40k.

14 minutes ago, subria88 said:

I suspect it will be much closer to the listed range. The Rav4 Prime from real world experience according to car magazine and user reports on reddit indicate it actually gets close to its listed 42mile range and exceeds it in some cases.

The NX450h+ is carrying a bit more weight which is likely why the listed battery range is 36 miles. Based on the above, 36 miles should be 36 and not substantially lower.

They would be silly not to have the base NX 350h coming under the luxury tax threshold at 40k.

Possibly but it'll never get that in winter anyway. 

Yes I suspect the base 350h would be somewhere near £38-39k. 

A decent specification it'll be around £45-47k. The RAV4 PHEV costs £51k here so I would imagine the NX to cost more than that at £55k for the 450h+ therefore knocking on RX territory