Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 NEW MODELS REVEAL

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The RAV4 PHEV costs £51k here so I would imagine the NX to cost more than that at £55k

£4k to £5k premium is probably correct but the Rav starts at £46.5k and is better equipped than most current base level Lexus vehicles which hopefully means a starting price around £51k. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

As the Knight in the Indiana Jones film said Nick, "you chose wisely" both in a wife and a car 😘

Thanks. We just got home driving the NX300h from Lexus Leicester to London and the driving was much better than I expected. On the motorway, this car does have enough punch and it is powerful enough. I love the way it cruising on the motorway, like if you press the accelerator to 70mph and release the foot, the car will cruise itself within this speed for some time before it slows down - our Tiguan didn't do this, you release the accelerator pedal and the speed decreases quite quickly. So this makes the driving so much more pleasurable. 

The adaptive cruise control is brilliant too. and the way the air con passes the cold air is another feature that feels like the winds blows in the cars periodically rather than constant - so again quite a pleasure feeling this. 

We are extremely happy with it! and so our 2 kids who did not complain once during the whole journey. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Possibly but it'll never get that in winter anyway. 

Yes I suspect the base 350h would be somewhere near £38-39k. 

A decent specification it'll be around £45-47k. The RAV4 PHEV costs £51k here so I would imagine the NX to cost more than that at £55k for the 450h+ therefore knocking on RX territory

Actually Rav4 PHEV starts from £46,495.00

you can knock off about 3K on carwow, so let's hope that Lexus while be sub50K

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/rav4-plugin/index/grade=5df55fc7-b683-4def-a117-1942bf30a8b1|bodytype=30b0ef55-504f-4ce5-8f54-6856b2e8aa20|etw=A25A-FXS-25H--178CVT4WD|colour=b4da34a1-391c-4b57-a153-13ac02e8da7f

28 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

Thanks. We just got home driving the NX300h from Lexus Leicester to London and the driving was much better than I expected. On the motorway, this car does have enough punch and it is powerful enough. I love the way it cruising on the motorway, like if you press the accelerator to 70mph and release the foot, the car will cruise itself within this speed for some time before it slows down - our Tiguan didn't do this, you release the accelerator pedal and the speed decreases quite quickly. So this makes the driving so much more pleasurable. 

The adaptive cruise control is brilliant too. and the way the air con passes the cold air is another feature that feels like the winds blows in the cars periodically rather than constant - so again quite a pleasure feeling this. 

We are extremely happy with it! and so our 2 kids who did not complain once during the whole journey. 

No idea what you do for a living Nick, but I am no doubt there are many times when you say to yourself "what the hell am I doing this for"? Now you know one of the reasons beyond that of family and work in that order. Revel in it, it's your time in life to expect the best and no doubt you fully deserve it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

No idea what you do for a living Nick, but I am no doubt there are many times when you say to yourself "what the hell am I doing this for"? Now you know one of the reasons beyond that of family and work in that order. Revel in it, it's your time in life to expect the best and no doubt you fully deserve it. 

Thanks Phil. Quite right, there have been some times like this. 

My wife and I both work and we work hard and I am in a property business (property recruitment) that I set up over 15 years ago called Cledor (www.cledor.co.uk) and my wife is an expert in consultancy business, but as you can suspect, things have not been easy, we have 2 great young kids (8 year old boy and 6 year old girl) so family is priority, then work and leasure. 

My wife had her Tiguan for a long time (9 years in fact) and would have kept it if ULEZ was not enforced, but something happened and made her think seriously about getting a car that will be passing ULEZ. The NX300h is a perfect choice for our family needs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Possibly but it'll never get that in winter anyway. 

So this report from Canada said with -8C temp, the Battery range dropped down to 50km (30miles) from 67km (42miles), so yes it will drop - still relatively usable for the about town run around.

https://driving.ca/features/feature-story/tackling-winter-in-the-2021-toyota-rav4-prime

Bottom line is these are not EVs, they are hybrids and meant to be driven as such. The Battery range is just like any Lexus hybrid, a stop/start on steroids.

If you want to drive significant distances on Battery power buy the UXe or true EV from another marque

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

£4k to £5k premium is probably correct but the Rav starts at £46.5k and is better equipped than most current base level Lexus vehicles which hopefully means a starting price around £51k. 

and the suzuki accross ( which is the same car) is even cheaper

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202102239370010?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=SUZUKI&model=ACROSS&radius=1500&include-delivery-option=on&postcode=m12hy&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&page=1

pre reg at £37599

17 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

Completely disagree. There was a grave danger that in redesigning the NX they would design out the appeal of the shape and look of the first model which is stunning to look at, still. This even more aggressive looking version of the current look I think completely manages to update without losing what I loved and still love about the NX. It still looks very different to other SUVs on the road. They all fade into the background while this one continues to be a head turner. I'll be first in the queue.

I shall be joining you in the front of that queue Steve.

Roll on Q4 of this year when hopefully I will be having some serious discussions with my local dealer about specs and prices.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Looks lovely and I really like the way the new infotainment looks like ( except for the lack of telephone functionality on the steering wheel which I believe is a  mistake)

now if we can have the usual 12% carwow discount as soon as please...

I read this yesterday Vas and thought of you !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/volkswagen-software-glitches-still-no-apology/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

it is a never ending story. Some of the ID3 folks really want to believe that it is OK now, but...

image.thumb.png.abbb5486445710baf16795598330ce38.png

I currently drive an RC300h, my second after a long line of ISs, and had been worrying about my likely future need to switch from Lexus in view of the absence of models I want or can afford in the present range.  On the basis of the pre-launch information, and assuming acceptable pricing of a fully-loaded version, the new NX350h looks very attractive - and enough of an improvement over the present 300h in terms of power and performance - to overcome my prejudices.  I have booked a test drive for when my dealer gets a first unit (September or maybe a little earlier).

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Hangie said:

Anyone know how capable it will be for towing ?

The new hybrid electric NX 350h uses fourth generation Lexus hybrid technology. Power is greater by 22 per cent compared to the current model, taking output to 239bhp and improving 0-62 acceleration by 15 per cent to 7.7 seconds. At the same time, CO2 emissions are expected to fall by around 10 per cent. The model will be available with front and all-wheel drive (possibly not FWD in the UK), both with a 1.5-tonne towing capacity.

I’m liking the look of that a lot particularly with the new tech and features.  Wonder how much a Takumi spec 450h+ is going to retail at?  A lot, no doubt.  I was thinking of going full electric for my next car but the PHEV NX may be a good move in the right direction.  Hopefully, I’ll see the new NX at the same time as the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habu said:

Wonder how much a Takumi spec 450h+ is going to retail at?  A lot, no doubt.  I was thinking of going full electric for my next car but the PHEV NX may be a good move in the right direction.  Hopefully, I’ll see the new NX at the same time as the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6.

I'd guess between £55k and £60k. One of those pure EVs is going to be cheaper.

10 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I'd guess between £55k and £60k. One of those pure EVs is going to be cheaper.

That's pretty much what I'd estimated. In contrast, an EV6 GT-Line AWD dual motor is £49K, and accelerates to 100km/h a second faster than the NX450h+, not that that matters much.

Like Peter, I'd planned that my next car would be fully electric. Had the new NX not been such an aesthetic disappointment (and yes, I'm aware that other members seem to like it, but my sense of lost opportunity is undiminished), I might have considered the PHEV version as an interim step. But I like to keep cars for at least 6 years, so I'd prefer to go electric sooner rather than later.

After looking closely at the Model 3 and weighing up the build quality lottery against the supercharger network, the launch of the EV6 with its beautiful surfacing, well-resolved design and advanced 800V electric architecture resolved any doubts.  So I've ordered an EV6.  I'll miss Lexus - the brand is mostly a great fit with what I want from a car - but perhaps I'll be back when they have a state-of-the-art compact BEV for the next stage in my automotive journey.

white GTLine.jpg

Agree Martin, the EV6 is a stunner. I like the additional spec in the GT-Line S trim but it’s practically £52k in AWD.  I think the Ioniq 5 will be similar.  Hyundai / Kia are really making waves at the moment but I’m not sure how Genesis will be received by the UK when they launch shortly.

• Like 1