Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 NEW MODELS REVEAL

6 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Seems Lexus hasn't learnt to proof read it's spec sheets before releasing them! 

It's a complete embarrassment:

Maximum EV speed mph/kph written around the wrong way

image.thumb.png.4a4e78665b19e247d3075651a3dffe73.png

The 450h+ can have a pano roof for the base grade with Premium Pack:

image.thumb.png.10b7bdc5f4c482a8888d5cb6d88a7271.png

then it can't:

image.thumb.png.4adb5971aa05dfb342cb69ee7ae59b3f.png

Base NX grade has a spare wheel:

image.thumb.png.8d6cc6ce5c974a17921b89cead8cf34d.png

then it only has tyre repair goo:

image.thumb.png.a455fcfe5fa12248ba99ac15f7f1b168.png

base grade 450h+ with premium pack apparently has both 2-way and 4-way lumbar support for the driver:

image.thumb.png.9b9cd56e6bfae01a534bb1c68d4b3544.png

cannot spell litres:

image.png.1a5ce78b886ae22fb1b355abc39e4820.png

some random number 1 (rear 1) which has no reference:

image.thumb.png.53ae7acc86d2468b144f7b22a83f6973.png

page/column formatting errors:

image.thumb.png.ce1dd10c7a8ab3968c70d5d988c07b4a.png

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It's a complete embarrassment:

Maximum EV speed mph/kph written around the wrong way

image.thumb.png.4a4e78665b19e247d3075651a3dffe73.png

The 450h+ can have a pano roof for the base grade with Premium Pack:

image.thumb.png.10b7bdc5f4c482a8888d5cb6d88a7271.png

then it can't:

image.thumb.png.4adb5971aa05dfb342cb69ee7ae59b3f.png

Base NX grade has a spare wheel:

image.thumb.png.8d6cc6ce5c974a17921b89cead8cf34d.png

then it only has tyre repair goo:

image.thumb.png.a455fcfe5fa12248ba99ac15f7f1b168.png

base grade 450h+ with premium pack apparently has both 2-way and 4-way lumbar support for the driver:

image.thumb.png.9b9cd56e6bfae01a534bb1c68d4b3544.png

cannot spell litres:

image.png.1a5ce78b886ae22fb1b355abc39e4820.png

some random number 1 (rear 1) which has no reference:

image.thumb.png.53ae7acc86d2468b144f7b22a83f6973.png

page/column formatting errors:

image.thumb.png.ce1dd10c7a8ab3968c70d5d988c07b4a.png

You missed that only the 350h Takumi gets the ML audio.... really...!?!942270423_Screenshot_20210906-000725_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.92e9784bc3a2ec75018bb8c84c8e117f.jpg

12 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi @Steve Oliver 

I was just taking another look at the price list\brochure and it appears that you can get the panoramic roof on a 450h+ if you go for the non-F Sport version (with Premium Pack) and wondered if you were aware of that?

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

nx.thumb.jpg.68531b4b46d7190ad1bf6c5a0761967e.jpg

Andy, thanks for this... I tweeted Lexus UK about the 450h and pan roof, and their reply was "Hi Steve. There is a sunroof, but no panoramic roof available on the NX 450h+. This is due to weight saving and emissions."  - nothing about the NX with Premium Pack having the option... and not the PP+ ??? 🤔 Perhaps the PP is so much lighter than the PP+ and Takumi trim etc that they can put a pan roof on..... or not...! 🙄

7 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

Andy, thanks for this... I tweeted Lexus UK about the 450h and pan roof, and their reply was "Hi Steve. There is a sunroof, but no panoramic roof available on the NX 450h+. This is due to weight saving and emissions."  - nothing about the NX with Premium Pack having the option... and not the PP+ ??? 🤔 Perhaps the PP is so much lighter than the PP+ and Takumi trim etc that they can put a pan roof on..... or not...! 🙄

That is really disappointing and could be a game changer for me. I am awaiting a call from my local dealer regarding this. 

Will wait to see how the test drive of the Kia EV6 goes before making any decisions. 

• Like 3

I'm another previous Lexus owner (2 x IS300h) who moved away as I didn't get on with the old NX or RX,  but was looking forward to possibly having a new NX450+h model.  However, the spec is making me have 2nd thoughts.

My prime spec old NX was a FSport Takumi pack with Pano roof.  I can kind of get why the pano roof wouldn't come with the plug-in model as it will add a lot of weight to a car with the extra large Battery pack,  but that doesn't bode well overall for handling, and economy if that is the case, as it would indicate the 450 is already a heavy car, probably 2T at least.

The ML stereo option being missed off the 450h model I can also kind of understand, as I imagine some of the places that the ML stereo uses to house the gubbins for it (sub woofer, amp etc)  may be taken up with plugin hybrid bits and cables/batteries etc.  Especially given that the boot space and fuel tank capacity is the same for both models.  But, the pricelist doesn't seem to reflect that, with the Takumi pack adding ££££'s to the car but only really giving a couple of extra features.

As has been said,  seems there is so many mistakes and confusion in the current brochure, I'll wait off for the actual demo's to arrive before seeing if I will come back.   The RFT's on the new NX as well make me shiver, as they have historically been the source of a harsher ride and increased noise, which again makes me want to do a thorough, extended test drive first.

On the up side - at least the seats are actually leather unlike the ES, and I do really like the overall design and interior styling, including that huge 14" touchscreen!  Pricing is on the high end of what I thought it would be, but seemingly par for the course nowadays.

Agreed - there isn't much more that a Takumi adds over a base with Premium Plus I feel. Your mileage will vary but feel that another £3-6k isn't getting that much more

Self Parking
Digital Rear View Mirror
Card Key
ML sound (potentially depending on 350h vs 450+)Well..
Front Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Change Assist
Machined Alloy Wheels

yep, exactly that.  £4500 extra for a 450h+ FSport Takumi with sunroof, compared to a 450h+ FSport Premium plus without.  The only extra's I can see for UK are a Digital rear mirror, Front Cross traffic alert, Lane Change Assist and Automated Parking, plus the sunroof of course.   All of which I can do without and in no way adds up to £4.5k!  Its like they've forgotten the ML stereo apparently isn't included, or is it???  Even then,  in the past the Takumi pack has given way more for the money.

Its less of a jump FSport Premium Plus to actual Takumi model (£3k),  but you can only have Adaptive suspension on the FSport........

As I explained in my post on the ‘New Members’ section, we don’t currently own a Lexus. Our last five cars have all been BMWs with the last two X3s. About two years ago we started to think about replacing the current one (a 30D M Sport) with a hybrid but the pandemic intervened and our plans were put on hold. I’m not sure we are ready to go to a full electric yet as the availability (and reliability) of charging points is still a concern.

Although a friend of ours is delighted with her UX hybrid (her second Lexus) and I had considered an NX before, I really wanted a plug-in hybrid. After researching a number of plug-in hybrid SUVs, including BMW X3, Audi Q5, Volvo XC40 and XC60, and Land Rover Discovery Sport/Evoque, etc., a couple of weeks ago I visited the Lexus website and noticed the imminent launch of the 2022 NX, including a plug-in hybrid. One of the big attractions of the new NX is the electric range of “just under 40 miles” and what is likely to be a low overall mpg. The fact that the Lexus has the ability to self-charge when the plug-in electricity is consumed is another bonus. All this, coupled with Lexus’s reputation for reliability, makes the NX a very appealing choice. I registered my interest in the new 450h+ and have now completed the pre-order process. I understand the demonstration models will be at dealerships in November or early December so we will see what happens then.

I am in a similar situation as Lexi450 and being my first experience  with Lexus, I would appreciate if anyone would be able to confirm the quality of general services. I know it has a good quality reputation but how does the service compare to the likes of Audi, BMW, Mercedes?

Thanks in advance. 

49 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

I am in a similar situation as Lexi450 and being my first experience  with Lexus, I would appreciate if anyone would be able to confirm the quality of general services. I know it has a good quality reputation but how does the service compare to the likes of Audi, BMW, Mercedes?

Thanks in advance. 

I know we’re going to be biased on the Lexus forum but - really - Lexus are superior to the likes of Audi, BMW et al.  Reliability is the best (proven by all warranty companies).  Generally, Lexus have been first for the last 13 years or so whilst Jaguar / Land Rover are at the bottom with Audi and BMW not too far off the bottom.  Build quality is first rate and the customer service at the Lexus Centres is also first rate.  Sure, you’ll get the odd exception, but on the whole owning a Lexus is complete peace of mind motoring.  I’ve been into Audi and BMW dealerships in the north east and I find them either rude or obnoxious - maybe they are used to a certain clientele.  

• Like 3

Many thanks, 

I tend to agree with you, strangely enough the service department has better service and attitude than sales which have often unnecessary arrogance. Recently I went to audi showroom, looked at an SUV and asked what choice of interior colours but only come in black so I asked, what happens if I  don't like black? He replied don't buy one! So I didn't and went to Lexus. Better choice of colours and a more comfortable experience, but still better to know from experienced customers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Thanks in advance. 

As Habu has already said Lexus are in a different league in terms of quality, reliability and customer service compared to the other so called prestige marques. Driver Power surveys usually place them 1st or at worst 2nd to Porsche. I have experienced nothing but exemplary service from Lexus Edinburgh since purchasing my NX in 2018. The new 450h+ is very tempting as a good transition to an EV - my only disappointment is that the Pano roof cannot be specified with the Premium Plus pack and the standard 20" wheels with run flat tyres. I am sure you will be delighted with a Lexus should you proceed to purchase. As the adverts say-drive a Lexus and you will experience amazing! 

• Like 2

Thanks Ken,

I think I am already convinced anyway but it's good to have confirmation. I have a panoramic roof on a Q5 and it get too noisy above 50mph. Weather wise it's not too usable anyway but agree that it has an airy feeling but mainly for the back passengers so I will try to compensate that by getting a light colour interior. The run flat tyres I assume is for space reasons to allow for batteries and electric motor, the ride should be compensated by adjusting the suspension and it's a convenient solution in case of a flat tyre, so not too worried about those issues and will order one for January delivery. 

Anyone know where it will be made?

52 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

Anyone know where it will be made?

I believe the RHD versions will continue to be made in the Kyushu plant in Japan and starting 4th quarter this year, the LHD (mainly North American market sales) in the Cambridge plant in Ontario

On 9/7/2021 at 10:01 PM, Lexi450 said:

...The fact that the Lexus has the ability to self-charge when the plug-in electricity is consumed is another bonus,,,

Lexus NX 450+ is a great option, but all PHEV's can self charge

19 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Many thanks, 

I tend to agree with you, strangely enough the service department has better service and attitude than sales which have often unnecessary arrogance. Recently I went to audi showroom, looked at an SUV and asked what choice of interior colours but only come in black so I asked, what happens if I  don't like black? He replied don't buy one! So I didn't and went to Lexus. Better choice of colours and a more comfortable experience, but still better to know from experienced customers.

I remember when  I visited Audi in Milton Keynes the staff members were just standing and chatting with no regard to helping customers, I stood there for a few minutes and no one approached me or made eye contact. I walked out. They probably sell so many perhaps 1 less sale won’t effect their profit margin. 

5 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Lexus NX 450+ is a great option, but all PHEV's can self charge

I was aware that other plug-in hybrids have a degree of self-charging through regenerative braking etc. but I haven’t seen other manufacturers state this:

What happens when the Battery runs out of charge? – In this case, the vehicle becomes an efficient self-charging hybrid with the petrol engine powering the car and recharging the Battery. With the new Lexus NX an element of self-charging will also take place meaning the Battery will slowly be refilled when the conventional engine is in use.(from Lexus UK website)

What I don’t know is whether the NX plug-in provides a greater level of self-charging than that resulting from regenerative braking and decelerating.

• Like 1

It's a pity that on the new 450h + brochure doesn't not show the overall consumption figures, for comparison, nor the C02, or dimensions, especially mirror to mirror (for garage purpose).

1 hour ago, Lexi450 said:

I was aware that other plug-in hybrids have a degree of self-charging through regenerative braking etc. but I haven’t seen other manufacturers state this:

What happens when the battery runs out of charge? – In this case, the vehicle becomes an efficient self-charging hybrid with the petrol engine powering the car and recharging the battery. With the new Lexus NX an element of self-charging will also take place meaning the battery will slowly be refilled when the conventional engine is in use.(from Lexus UK website)

What I don’t know is whether the NX plug-in provides a greater level of self-charging than that resulting from regenerative braking and decelerating.

I have a 225XE plug - in. You can press a button  and the engine will start charging the Battery. I presume that other PHEV's do the same

when fully depleted and in normal mode, will usually charge it up to mile's worth of charging, so when in traffic one can usually go with the Battery

In sport mode Battery is almost always charged at 40% for best possible acceleration etc