Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 NEW MODELS REVEAL

5 hours ago, Rosella said:

I remember when  I visited Audi in Milton Keynes the staff members were just standing and chatting with no regard to helping customers, I stood there for a few minutes and no one approached me or made eye contact. I walked out. They probably sell so many perhaps 1 less sale won’t effect their profit margin. 

I had a very similar experience in a Land Rover showroom a few years ago. Was genuinely interested in a Discovery Sport, sat in every model in the showroom but not one of the sales staff approached. Drove to the Lexus showroom and ordered the NX. Have never regretted that decision! 😊

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

I have a 225XE plug - in. You can press a button  and the engine will start charging the battery. I presume that other PHEV's do the same

when fully depleted and in normal mode, will usually charge it up to mile's worth of charging, so when in traffic one can usually go with the battery

In sport mode battery is almost always charged at 40% for best possible acceleration etc

I didn't know the BMW plug-in hybrids did that. We don't know what the overall fuel consumption will be for the NX plug-in yet so it will be interesting to see how it compares with other plug-ins in the same sector.

1 hour ago, Lexi450 said:

I didn't know the BMW plug-in hybrids did that. We don't know what the overall fuel consumption will be for the NX plug-in yet so it will be interesting to see how it compares with other plug-ins in the same sector.

bmw's fuel consumption is pretty bad really, around 30something mpg for longer than 50 miles trips

3 hours ago, subria88 said:

Another video - this time a comparison between the original and the new from Poland, and with an under car view, interior and boot size comparison

Thanks for posting this. Although I don't have the existing model, it is good to see the new model 'up close'.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, NemesisUK said:

I believe the RHD versions will continue to be made in the Kyushu plant in Japan and starting 4th quarter this year, the LHD (mainly North American market sales) in the Cambridge plant in Ontario

Cambridge will make them for the North American market. Kyushu will built all European vehicles, both LHD and RHD.

I’ve had to firm up my choices for the pre-order process for the 450h+, i.e. model, exterior colour and interior colour. I was slightly surprised we had to make these decisions so early in the process but we have chosen the ‘F SPORT Takumi Pack plus Sunroof’ with Sonic Grey exterior colour and ‘F Sport White’ upholstery (which is actually white and black). It was a toss-up between the white and the ‘F Sport Flare Red’ which also includes black. I’m assuming that even though I have added the Takumi pack to the ‘F SPORT’ model, I have to choose one of the F Sport interiors rather than one of the Takumi’s.

Never having had a Lexus before, I’m not sure at what point in the pre-ordering and ordering process you have to finalise your selections bearing in mind the new model is not on the website configurator yet.

• Like 3

It's a pity that on the new 450h + brochure doesn't not show the overall consumption figures, for comparison, nor the C02, or dimensions, especially mirror to mirror (for garage purpose).

Did you ordered it online or through a dealer? A dealer is requesting 1000 deposit against 500 on line. I am trying to find out a few details before ordering but dealer hasn't replied to my email from last Friday nor a call yesterday, new to Lexus so not an impressive start!

2 hours ago, Pm4 said:

It's a pity that on the new 450h + brochure doesn't not show the overall consumption figures, for comparison, nor the C02, or dimensions, especially mirror to mirror (for garage purpose).

I agree. They give the body width (1865mm) but not with the mirrors out. The current model is 1845mm (body width) and 2130mm (mirrors out), a difference of 285mm. We can only speculate, but if that difference is applied to the new model, that would be a width of 2150mm for mirrors out. Not all manufacturers give the width with mirrors retracted which is probably the most useful measurement for garage purposes but if we compare the 'mirrors out' dimension, for current models, the BMW X3 is 2138mm, Audi X5 2140mm and Discovery Sport 2173mm.

2 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Did you ordered it online or through a dealer? A dealer is requesting 1000 deposit against 500 on line. I am trying to find out a few details before ordering but dealer hasn't replied to my email from last Friday nor a call yesterday, new to Lexus so not an impressive start!

I did it online. It asks you whether you want to pre-order the 'Hybrid' or the 'Plug-in  hybrid'. You then complete personal details (email address etc.) and are asked to nominate a Lexus dealer. In my case, the dealer contacted me within a day or two and then followed up a bit later asking for model, colour, interior preferences etc.

When the new model was first announced, I had contacted Lexus support online for information about the launch and this has been followed up by some very helpful phone calls from Lexus UK which demonstrated excellent customer care. I must say I have been very impressed with 'the Lexus experience' so far.

• Like 1

Thanks, I have now spoken to the dealer, after another prompt, very apologetic and pleasant. Ordered a 450h+ in sonic grey with Hazel interior in premium plus, delivery estimated mid January, and test drive a demonstrator sometime in October.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Thanks, I have now spoken to the dealer, after another prompt, very apologetic and pleasant. Ordered a 450h+ in sonic grey with Hazel interior in premium plus, delivery estimated mid January, and test drive a demonstrator sometime in October.

Sounds fantastic, is it significantly different from the just announced Advance? 

Thanks, it's a version of the existing IS so a saloon car and so quite different, also not a plug in. They are adding about £3000 of extras for nothing, usually car manufacturers do this to clear their existing stock of a particular model, around a year before replacing it with a new model, still good value for money. 

• 3 weeks later...

Taken off the US club lexus site, there's a more in depth look at the new infotainment system

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-2nd-gen-2022-current/973981-walkthrough-of-the-infotainment-software.html

And more usefully one of the members managed to pull a comparison of the standard 9.8" vs 14" screens together (mirrored below)

2022_lexus_nx_official_97_compare_c1c8d5c1395bba5d637f80ce552191d49cf51b7f.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looks like a number of independent YouTube car reviewers have now managed to get their hands on the new model - at least in the US. 

The US Club Lexus forum has a topic dedicated to some of these:-

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-2nd-gen-2022-current/974330-2022-nx-test-drive-vids-post-em.html

I’ve watched quite a few of the YouTube American reviews of the new NX now, interestingly, not one NX450h+ model has a pano roof or ML stereo. Both options only on the non plug in models.  Maybe the Lexus Uk spec list isn’t as wrong as we thought…..

This guy does a full vid on the ML stereo in the new NX 

and also the std stereo 

The haptic buttons on the steering wheel look horrendously complicated and very easy to brush inadvertently. This review sums up the shortcomings of the new infotainment very well at the end. 

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I wonder if this is an attempt to keep the price competitive, although you'd think both would remain available as optional extras.

The unavailable option of the pano roof on the 450h+ is apparently to do with overall vehicle weight and the need to keep this down so that EV mode achieves maximum range. Likewise the ML sound situation on this model is I am told due to space. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken R said:

The unavailable option of the pano roof on the 450h+ is apparently to do with overall vehicle weight and the need to keep this down so that EV mode achieves maximum range. Likewise the ML sound situation on this model is I am told due to space. 

Lol, yes but they need to find a way... 😁

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/10/07/2022-lexus-nx-first-drive-review/

"According to Lexus product education manager Paul Williamsen, the NX 450h+ has a different battery pack. Whereas the RAV4 Prime effectively combines the regular RAV4 Hybrid's Battery pack with a second, larger, plug-in-able Battery dedicated to the all-electric range, the NX has a single massive pack that keeps enough juice in reserve once the all-electric portion is drained to run the car as a normal hybrid. This allows the NX to fully replenish its electric range using only the engine. While the RAV4 Prime's "Charge" mode can restore a good chunk of its total potential range, it needs a wall charger to be fully topped off."

So potentially this is where that spare space disappeared for the 450+, keeping in mind the PHEV, Hybrid and conventional engine all have the same boot space.

I like the concept that the normal engine can recharge the Battery without requiring a plug in

• Like 2

3 hours ago, subria88 said:

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/10/07/2022-lexus-nx-first-drive-review/

"According to Lexus product education manager Paul Williamsen, the NX 450h+ has a different battery pack. Whereas the RAV4 Prime effectively combines the regular RAV4 Hybrid's battery pack with a second, larger, plug-in-able battery dedicated to the all-electric range, the NX has a single massive pack that keeps enough juice in reserve once the all-electric portion is drained to run the car as a normal hybrid. This allows the NX to fully replenish its electric range using only the engine. While the RAV4 Prime's "Charge" mode can restore a good chunk of its total potential range, it needs a wall charger to be fully topped off."

So potentially this is where that spare space disappeared for the 450+, keeping in mind the PHEV, Hybrid and conventional engine all have the same boot space.

I like the concept that the normal engine can recharge the battery without requiring a plug in

I assume this is why in the Lexus press release, the 450h+ has a mpg of 256.8 to 313.9 (* Lexus target data, pending homologation) compared with 282.4 for the RAV PHEV.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links