Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 hours ago, Malc said:

Knowing she's well set-up for another 10 years / 100k miles probably ......  might see me out from a 4ltr V8 to a mobility scooter ......... can one get a bespoke V8 do you think !

Malc

This guy will help you out with that Malc - from 5.40 minutes to see how it feels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7gWMgN1NGM

well that's just BRILLIANT ...  now, let's think about getting one right now so's to take out the boy racers in their Beemers etc at the lights .....  giv'em a bit of a shock eh :yahoo:

Malc

• Haha 1

Do not believe the mileage,the upholstery is worn to the 100k extent and the general state of the car does not tie in with 15 k of mileage unless the owner was living in it 24 hrs a day.The reluctance to show pics of the engine bay and underside are also negative vibes .Mine as done 48 k now and looks pristine when it had 19k on it it was mint.

I really think the worst thing about a car sitting that long is that all the rubber perishes from little seals through to bushes. Looking at the few pictures that are up the car has almost certainly done more miles than they say looking at the wear.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Gordon Bennet, I think I would have wanted full leathers and a helmet to use that for shopping. Mind you, your magnums would not have time to melt on the way back from Morrisons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2021 at 12:26 PM, Razor61 said:

After talking to the seller, I don’t think it’s going to be sold for less than £9k - £10k. My bid of £2500 isn’t going to cut the mustard😢 so I’ll forget it. I would have gone to £4K for it as I think it’s worth it.

Yes thes cars are getting more expensive but say 9k+ is ridiculous for a 1994 in my opinion. 
They really do not suffer much from miles within reason. Paying a high premium for very low miles is not a good idea I think. Are you not planning to use it ? 
My 1995 with 90kmiles I paid 1600£ for in 2015 (Sweden). It needed overdue service for say 800£ just in parts. Now at 120k miles and I drive it mostly wintertime. The miles does not wear these fast in my opinion.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got some more photos of the car after a good wash and polish, one thing I noticed though was in the engine bay. Look at the coolant reservoir, doesn’t look right. I think the coolant should be red?

CD9D399C-738C-4DE7-8D31-8BF62F6105B3.thumb.jpeg.0f12f4e7118f0d3d57d584097c9f60af.jpeg

Is there any coolant in there, I can’t see any green or red?

Ignition wire cover appears to be missing?

Battery clamp looks weird.

How does the tool set screwdriver go rusty?

15k miles of wear on the gear selector knob? I don’t think so.

This is going to be interesting.

" crazing " on the rear bumper too ... ? .......  it's all too non-pristine to my mind ......  until the 2006 MOT there might have been a speedo change or " windback " and this is the now " windup " .....  in all respects :unsure:  ...

when I bought my Mk2 at 13 years old and 8542 miles ....  genuine ..  the car really was just like out of the box / showroom from nearly new condition and looked 10 x the car this does tbh ...  engine compartment, boot areas etc .......... I think my earlier comments prevail for me ....  seeing the full history from brand new from the dealer to date would be the only way to satisfy me and checking all the VIN nos. around etc too .............. jolly expensive mistake if someone really does buy her at silly money to then discover it's a bit of a " dog " ...  apologies to all dogs

Malc

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

How about this one?

recently seen this mentioned somewhere on here ...  the front centre armrest is weird !

Malc

It is, never seen that addition before but appears colour matched.

More weird is the “I haven’t got the time and skills to fix it” but what seems to be an air intake jubilee clip sat on the driver’s seat so someone seems to have had a go at fixing it.

15K now up to £7600.00! Finishes today, 2 bidders seem to be in the running, I wonder what Ladbrokes are offering on the winner pulling out, the runner up declining a second chance and a re-list. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

15K now up to £7600.00! Finishes today, 2 bidders seem to be in the running

I did have a few bids on it but it’s gone way too high for me. If the car is genuine 15k miles, as good as described on eBay and as described to me me over the phone then I would have paid up to £5k.

This one peaks my interest though, needs work on suspension and brakes but I have most of the suspension bits and brakes are no problem. I may have a look, possible corrosion on the rear arches is the biggest concern for me but I definitely know exactly where and what to look for. If there is any trace of this I would just walk away. Last one I looked at in Liverpool looked fantastic but had been filled and sprayed on the rear arches in the usual places, 1 hour to get there and 5 mins to decide it’s not for me but you have to go and look.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164918806107?hash=item2665ed465b:g:N6kAAOSwWaxgjaHC

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

It is, never seen that addition before but appears colour matched.

More weird is the “I haven’t got the time and skills to fix it” but what seems to be an air intake jubilee clip sat on the driver’s seat so someone seems to have had a go at fixing it.

15K now up to £7600.00! Finishes today, 2 bidders seem to be in the running, I wonder what Ladbrokes are offering on the winner pulling out, the runner up declining a second chance and a re-list. 

Very high I would imagine. Surely someone would not pay that much considering what has been stated on here?

Strange world

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Razor61 said:

I did have a few bids on it but it’s gone way too high for me. If the car is genuine 15k miles, as good as described on eBay and as described to me me over the phone then I would have paid up to £5k.

This one peaks my interest though, needs work on suspension and brakes but I have most of the suspension bits and brakes are no problem. I may have a look, possible corrosion on the rear arches is the biggest concern for me but I definitely know exactly where and what to look for. If there is any trace of this I would just walk away. Last one I looked at in Liverpool looked fantastic but had been filled and sprayed on the rear arches in the usual places, 1 hour to get there and 5 mins to decide it’s not for me but you have to go and look.

UCAs and brakes all round on this one, add maybe a couple of grand, before cambelt waterpump maybe too ......  etc etc etc  :unsure:

Malc

If the screwdriver has gone rusty inside the boot and there is mould inside the cabin what is under the car like I wonder after spending “95%” of it’s life in a garage which must be located on a flood bank. 

• Like 2

That car as been stored in a very damp airless environment the engine components are testimony to that all the alloy parts are corroded to hell.

This is the engine bay on my Mark 4 after 36k miles .DSC03579.JPG.9fd7b950d376508eff2941052f08b5d2.JPG

This is the engine bay on my Mark 1 after 140k miles

DSC02379.thumb.JPG.7dfa19ba47462fe0419a6c8c8a47ad1b.JPG

6 hours ago, Razor61 said:

£1600.00 starting bid with an MOT failure list as long as your arm are these people on the same planet!