Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nearly £8.5k in the end. Astonishing.

And I agree about the damp. Look at the stitching on the steering wheel and the blooms on the A pillar trim.

• Haha 1

Wait for it....the buyer’s regret and actually seeing the car may yet swing the compass needle north.

The other one mentioned with a starting price of £1600.00, no MOT and a failure list taking up 2 A4 sheets is the new watch item.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

The other one mentioned with a starting price of £1600.00, no MOT and a failure list taking up 2 A4 sheets is the new watch item.

Two exhaust fails in last few years, has that been bodged to get it through.  I would also be thinking  at 121,000 other parts of running gear are going to be getting tired but worth a look if anyone near Bridgnorth.

Drivers sear looks a bit ropey, worse than mine is at 210,000

4 hours ago, Razor61 said:

It’s back on eBay for £10k, after looking at the new pictures I agree that it looks like it’s done more than 15k miles.

Yay......now if I could only predict the weather as well......final answer.....re-listed.

21 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Have you seen the advisories......must be that puddle in the garage it spent 95% of its time in.

• REAR TRAILING ARMS BOTH RUSTY
  • REAR SUB FRAME RUSTY
  • Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
  • Offside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

3 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Have you seen the advisories......must be that puddle in the garage it spent 95% of its time in.

• REAR TRAILING ARMS BOTH RUSTY
  • REAR SUB FRAME RUSTY
  • Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))
  • Offside Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

Dodgy MOT for a dodgy car I think.

That conversation we had the other day Steve, there is rising interest at the moment for particular Japanese motors. The LS being one. Unfortunately this does attract the attention of chancers.

There is another LS400 on eBay as well, looks in great condition but there are a few bits in the MOT history from 2019 that don't sound good to me, especially the phrase 'inadequately repaired'. This car was over £9k but is now £7250.

Mot History bits:

Repair immediately (major defects):
Offside Rear Subframe mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Nearside Rear Subframe mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Macpherson strut corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Nearside Rear Macpherson strut corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334026479378?hash=item4dc5879712:g:6TkAAOSwgqNguPQj

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

There is another LS400 on eBay as well, looks in great condition but there are a few bits in the MOT history from 2019 that don't sound good to me, especially the phrase 'inadequately repaired'. This car was over £9k but is now £7250.

Mot History bits:

Repair immediately (major defects):
Offside Rear Subframe mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Nearside Rear Subframe mounting prescribed area is inadequately repaired (5.3.6 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Macpherson strut corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Nearside Rear Macpherson strut corroded and seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334026479378?hash=item4dc5879712:g:6TkAAOSwgqNguPQj

It sounds like someone has used his mate’s gas-less MIG welder and watched a few Youtube videos. 😀

I've been bidding on the mk1 that was going for 800 range, now up to 1k, who am I bidding against on here? 🤣 79k miles and relatively good condition from what I can see, seller was a smidge cagey about sending me pictures of sills and inner arches 'won't be home til 7pm' - must get dark quick in the midlands...

Hopefully securing a new storage unit/ working area - so would have given it some TLC and stopped it sitting outside, poor thing!

MOT ......  looks like it's been parked up on the grass for 8 years maybe .......  rust takes hold that way BUT oh my, on top she looks great and at only 200k miles too .....  it passed the 110k miles in 2008 !

summat not quite right eh, and at that price it's a steal ...  of your money methinks

Malc

23 minutes ago, Razor61 said:

Not sure why having spent all that time on it and having only done 1000 miles, and saying such a lovely car to drive you want to sell it to fund another project.

I wonder if given the rust removal done so far, then some other aw-my-gawd lump of corrosion will surface anytime soon.

I'll be giving it a swerve for now

• Like 1

The MOTs from 2011 show around 120,000 with very little mileage between tests, 2014 unreadable so probably when the dash finally gave up.

A structural failure on the subframe mounts would put me off as it depends on the quality of the repair as to the longevity which the next MOT will no doubt highlight.

You do of course have to take into account some these cars are now 30 plus years old and few have led a cosseted life. It is now becoming very hard to find a “good” example of the early series LS even as an import plus around £12K to get one after purchase costs.

Another factor is spare parts, apart from the extortionate prices more parts are becoming obsolete by the day. OK very few would have paid the £500.00 odd for a new Y pipe section but you can’t now anyway.

There is no “Lexus Rimmer Brothers” selling new old stock parts for cars from 1954 unlike those with a classic MG so we get around it with custom made Y pipes or repairing that smoking PS Idle up Valve.

I don’t think you will ever see an LS400 take part in the London to Brighton vintage rally and if it does happen I will hopefully be watching from above.

If you do want one get one soon before it’s too late.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links