Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is your Lexus your daily driver & do you have other cars?

TKhan430

Hi gang, 

My 430 is my daily driver. Do you guys have any other cars? When I move to a house would love to add a LC4 V6 landcruiser and Jaguar xjr/xk8 to the fleet but will have to hide them from my wife! 🤣

Is your Lexus your daily driver & do you have other cars?

Yes                                                                                &                                                           no!

absolutely YES and YES

mine at 232k miles alongside her Honda Legend 56 plate at 134k miles

both magnificent daily drivers :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TKhan430 said:

Hi gang, 

My 430 is my daily driver. Do you guys have any other cars? When I move to a house would love to add a LC4 V6 landcruiser and Jaguar xjr/xk8 to the fleet but will have to hide them from my wife! 🤣

NX is my daily, and a most excellent car it is too.

In the garage I have a 2004 MINI Cooper, bought new with only 13k miles now and dry use from new. Never used in the Winter. Condition is as new, if not slightly better! A couple of years ago it was claimed - not by me - to be the best original condition in the country, which was nice.

When I bought it, I knew it was one to put away and keep forever. Was invited to Plant Oxford to see it made, partly because of the epic spec (was the highest spec Cooper made up to that point) and partly because of my involvement with MINI / Mini over many years, which LED to Modern MINI magazine nominating me for a ‘lifetime achievement’ award.

Others have come and gone - 1981 HL, 1987 Mayfair, 1974 Clubman and 2001 MINI One (the dealer demo) but this one stays. Still love it.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, scudney said:

Why a jag though, both nice cars but you need a big wallet too lol 😆 

I've never had a Jag, I think the XKR looks elegant but understated like it could claw someone if provoked! Lol 

My wife drives a prius so use hers for local journeys and just 430 for motorway runs to get best mpg. 

I'm going to have to add some pictures of some of my old cars will get some up! 🙂

• Like 1

I have a mk1 Audi TT 3.2 convertable for fun and a Citroen Grande Picasso as a general workhorse, trailer pulling and outings with the grandchildren. The Lexus is for long distances and pure pleasure. I still get a buzz when I press the button and the seat and steering wheel just fold you in to sheer luxury and tranquility!

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 1:32 PM, First_Lexus said:

NX is my daily, and a most excellent car it is too.

In the garage I have a 2004 MINI Cooper, bought new with only 13k miles now and dry use from new. Never used in the Winter. Condition is as new, if not slightly better! A couple of years ago it was claimed - not by me - to be the best original condition in the country, which was nice.

When I bought it, I knew it was one to put away and keep forever. Was invited to Plant Oxford to see it made, partly because of the epic spec (was the highest spec Cooper made up to that point) and partly because of my involvement with MINI / Mini over many years, which led to Modern MINI magazine nominating me for a ‘lifetime achievement’ award.

Others have come and gone - 1981 HL, 1987 Mayfair, 1974 Clubman and 2001 MINI One (the dealer demo) but this one stays. Still love it.

We have a 2014 Mini Cooper 1.5t. It’s been a great car. Dealer keeps trying to persuade us to upgrade but we own it, it costs peanuts to run, still feels tight and still goes well. Less than 60k miles. Yours sounds fantastic!

• Like 1

No Lexus after the IS220D, but have a 2015 Toyota Auris as daily and 1996 Volvo 940 2.3 petrol lpt auto estate. 

My old fleet of 3 cars. 1989 Volvo 240GLT I sold a few years ago. Was daily for 8 years. Owned for 10 years. Bought for £350 sold for £500!

Lexus scrapped as HG went at 187,000.

Far right silver Volvo 940. Current works van for 5 years. Bought for £250. Now on 205,000.

James.👍

fleet.jpg

Volvo 3.jpg

• Like 1

My second car - not used much for shopping trips (boot too small for the better half's normal shop!)

Much more fun though than the UX particularly on the local back roads.

ps It's the yellow one not the one with the Pointed Nose!

John

IMG_0531.jpeg.5bb88a11acfaf9c0f2bfb695f835822a.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TKhan430 said:

Hi James, 

You've got good taste! Love them old skool volvos built like tanks! If you ever fancy selling the 940 give us a shout 👌

Thanks.👍 Think what would I replace it with if damaged/written off and always think I'd buy another 940. Seems to be rising price wise. It still puts a smile on my face driving it. It's got character! Volvo got the Auto AW70 gearbox and low pressure turbo just right. Virtually no turbo lag! Very modifiable by adding a Manual boost controller to make it into a HPT model. 135BHP to 165HP. If you fit bigger exhaust, chips, turbo 250HP.

James👍

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links