Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know this may sound frivolous but I find the digital clock entirely unappealing and ergonomically completely wrong. For me an analogue face is the only one for me, even on my smar****ch! So until I get the latest 450 here is a stopgap. 

Amazon: Carclock dashboard air vent, in silver £3.90! Free prime delivery!! It looks good and at eye level but does get some mixed reviews so is it any good? I haven't the foggiest idea yet but for the price of a pint it's worth a trial before considering some more expensive options 😎

• Haha 1

I’m not into air vent mounted things, they tend to droop as the vent slats move, fall off and get crushed by the entering size 9 or break the air vent slats as happened with an air freshener I had.

Plus I’ve never heard of “Quartz” what models of cars do they make.

Would be fun on my oscillating centre vents though when the passenger asks what time it is “Just a second it’s coming over to your side now” 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Speak up man! 🤣

I was going to say that I think it's funny how a big thing dangling from an air vent, with all it's 'not meant to be there-ness' and possible rattling and drooping, will somehow be preferable to you than a small and discreet digital readout :wacko: :laughing:

Talking of digital readouts a guy on my works team got the same new van as myself and they had the digital speedometer, he refused the van because he wanted a “proper speedometer with a dial” He got his wish too then left 6 months later.

I also remember getting a Timex LED watch for my 18th birthday, red LEDs as that was the only colour made then back in 1977, 21st saw me getting an LCD watch with backlight. Both took ages to set up just for the time.

28 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Or every time you go over a road hump or down a pothole the hands fly around 😂

I see you mentioned oscillating earlier doesn't that mean can't make your mind? Oh no, that's vacillating which I can see here 😊 so which do you prefer a pothole or a speed hump? Do tell 

22 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Talking of digital readouts a guy on my works team got the same new van as myself and they had the digital speedometer, he refused the van because he wanted a “proper speedometer with a dial” He got his wish too then left 6 months later.

I also remember getting a Timex LED watch for my 18th birthday, red LEDs as that was the only colour made then back in 1977, 21st saw me getting an LCD watch with backlight. Both took ages to set up just for the time.

Exactly my thoughts Steve, the car read out is from the 70's but updated in the 80's from red to white 🤣

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

I was going to say that I think it's funny how a big thing dangling from an air vent, with all it's 'not meant to be there-ness' and possible rattling and drooping, will somehow be preferable to you than a small and discreet digital readout :wacko: :laughing:

Well Herbs if you think 43mm/1.6 inches is a big dangly thing then I would like to know more about your success rate with the girls in your day. 😘 But you miss the point entirely, it was just frivolity if you can also remember that? It cost the same as a pint and may not last as long but it bought me a smile and some entertaining dialogue from you and Steve. Who knows I just may move it from the vent and stick it onto a pair of furry dice - now there's a thought 🤔🤔🤔🤣

• Haha 1

Most Lexus models now have Dual Zone Climate Control” but mine has took it one stage further with “Dual Zone Time Controls”.

On my side I set my time to GMT let’s say 11.00 am so getting ready for some lunch, meanwhile the other half has hers set to GMT + 10 and getting ready for a Singapore Sling in Raffles. 😀

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

To be fair, the Lexus clock on my 3 series RX is rather small and not prominently displayed but I can see it at night!  

Good point Barry, and this vent clock has luminous hands, maybe? And to address an earlier point weighs about the same as six Walkers crisps, that's crisps not packets 🤣 the more details the more I think this has echoes of Gerald Ratners prawn sandwich. 😱

On 6/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, Phil xxkr said:

I know this may sound frivolous but I find the digital clock entirely unappealing and ergonomically completely wrong. For me an analogue face is the only one for me, even on my smar****ch! So until I get the latest 450 here is a stopgap. 

Amazon: Carclock dashboard air vent, in silver £3.90! Free prime delivery!! It looks good and at eye level but does get some mixed reviews so is it any good? I haven't the foggiest idea yet but for the price of a pint it's worth a trial before considering some more expensive options 😎

i put mine in the middle. it is luminous but helped by the tiny light from above.P1090278.thumb.JPG.1cffb3ba9546d13be0f20f02d9aa6dd1.JPG