Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I want one.

Waste of money in my opinion. For that money you could buy a decent secondhand late RCF and have enough money to buy yourself something like a Caterham, or like I had when I had my CL65 a VX220 Turbo. That way you can get Trackday cover insurance that allows 12 trackdays and it will walk all over this heavyweight effalump, plus if you bin the track car you won't cry too much.

• Like 2

There is one for sale, go buy and let us know? 😄

More preference for white colour, better contrast for the carbonnnn, but tad strong money wise. I'll wait for depreciation (hopefully) and add to the collection another time... plus it's a chunk out of the 'LFA fund' 😛

18 hours ago, wendle said:

yes i wouldn't say no, although i am not keen on the Tattoos 

She would also never have to speak 😏

You get the feeling she is trying to attract a certain demographic with her videos? 🙂

See I really like the track edition RCF, and it appeals to me as it's quite asbo and very rare.

BUT it is not a track car anyone buying it for a track doesn't know how to drive properly.  For me this and the anniversary edition are the only RCFs I would want due to rarity. 

The exhaust still lacks something imho.

Quite fond of Sarah's reviews she has great engineering knowledge and I quite like her dry humour 😅

4 hours ago, Arnett said:

See I really like the track edition RCF, and it appeals to me as it's quite asbo and very rare.

BUT it is not a track car anyone buying it for a track doesn't know how to drive properly.  For me this and the anniversary edition are the only RCFs I would want due to rarity. 

The exhaust still lacks something imho.

Quite fond of Sarah's reviews she has great engineering knowledge and I quite like her dry humour 😅

I agree, I love how it looks. Would put a GTHaus on it for that sweet V8 noise 😛

Not a track car for sure, but doubt it would ever actually get tracked outside of reviews

I want an anniversary RCF and this TE, don't think any GSF anniversary made it to the UK (that I know of?) as I'd love to add them into future collection

Think i've got a problem... 🤣

Strange that the Fuji Speedway edition is so much more expensive compared to the UK TE and it doesn't come with the TVD.

The base RC F is around $66k vs £65k so $ to £ comparable but the FS/TE is $97k vs £82k

5 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I agree, I love how it looks. Would put a GTHaus on it for that sweet V8 noise 😛

Not a track car for sure, but doubt it would ever actually get tracked outside of reviews

I want an anniversary RCF and this TE, don't think any GSF anniversary made it to the UK (that I know of?) as I'd love to add them into future collection

Think i've got a problem... 🤣

Yup the GSF anniversary was US exclusive the RCF was EU exclusive. 

I would love the gsf one it's just the blue interior 😅

And your well aware of my thoughts on the GTHaus so I agree 🤣

58 minutes ago, Arnett said:

Yup the GSF anniversary was US exclusive the RCF was EU exclusive. 

That's not true. The GS F was available in the US, Australia and Japan (possible other countries too). Europe didn't get the GS F as it has already been decided to end of sale the whole range.

RC F was available in US, Australia, Japan and Europe.

31 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

That's not true. The GS F was available in the US, Australia and Japan (possible other countries too). Europe didn't get the GS F as it has already been decided to end of sale the whole range.

RC F was available in US, Australia, Japan and Europe.

So what your saying is I can import a RHD one 😉

• Like 1

The track edition looks cool, but unless you actually intend to track it every week or want to pay five figures for alcantara it's definitely a waste of money.

I mean, the only parts it has that aren't options for the standard/carbon models are the big wing, the titanium exhaust, the torque vectoring diff and the special interior.  If you buy a standard/carbon edition you can use the money saved to buy an aftermarket carbon wing AND a titanium exhaust AND still have change left over to put towards maintenance (or more carbon if you desire).

If you don't intend to track it every week then it's just a bad investment as the mandatory carbon ceramic brakes will add massively to the maintenance costs without really adding anything positive to your ownership experience, and the TVD adds almost no value over the standard Torsen*

*Car and Driver tested the RC-F with and without the TVD when it first appeared as an option, same road course and driver, the TVD did it in 78.7 seconds instead of the Torsen's 79.1.

On 6/15/2021 at 2:46 PM, wendle said:

yes i wouldn't say no, although i am not keen on the Tattoos 

You do know she was a he. 

You might change your mind, depending on how open you are! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, stag74 said:

You do know she was a he. 

You might change your mind, depending on how open you are! 

Thats just a minor detail, at my age you take what you can get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Initial P said:

I wonder a 100 years from now Toyota will still be using that same cruise control stalk 😅

No. They change it every 20 years 🙂 The older one is better than current IMO.

Pretty sure that it's the same one I had on my '95 Supra and '94 LS400.  My '90 Supra had the buttons built into the steering wheel and it was called "Auto Drive", I guess they probably changed the name to cruise control to stop Americans turning it on then taking a nap xD