Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More on Lexus Relax

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

September is decision time for me and I think I will be without my GS shortly afterwards..

I'm sorry if this sounds offensive, but this is a rather foolish statement.  Have I got the wrong end of the stick or are you saying that you think any Lexus car can make it to 200k without suffering any issues?  Even if we are referring to only major components, then this would still be a strange position.

Perhaps it was just badly worded, but if not, then I am sure there are many owners (myself included) that can easily disprove this view.

Agreed - new windscreen washer sensor (approx £400 fitted) and two new front wheel bearings at 80k miles (didn't ask what they would have cost) on mine - all done under Extended Warranty. I was happy paying for the Extended Warranty and feel it has been a good decision for me. Even if I hadn't claimed anything I would have been happy paying for peace of mind. My concern is whether I run the car with no warranty after November - I can probably afford repair bills as needed but do I really want to? 

• Like 2

As there are no refunds on the extended warranty for the second year and it runs to its end, I’ll need a service in the next few weeks and will also get cover free with the service, hence covered twice. As I’m assuming both these warranties are insurance based products, I read somewhere that you shouldn’t have two insurance for the same item. I think the dealers will probably say that the relax cover doesn’t start until the extended warranty ends but that would need to be in the T&C’s somewhere.

i would rather take the refund if it was on offer, £350 in my case and go with relax even though cover was less, I’ve just purchased a new car so no need for the two AA me memberships that made it cost effective for me. 

22 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

As there are no refunds on the extended warranty for the second year and it runs to its end, I’ll need a service in the next few weeks and will also get cover free with the service, hence covered twice. As I’m assuming both these warranties are insurance based products, I read somewhere that you shouldn’t have two insurance for the same item. I think the dealers will probably say that the relax cover doesn’t start until the extended warranty ends but that would need to be in the T&C’s somewhere.

i would rather take the refund if it was on offer, £350 in my case and go with relax even though cover was less, I’ve just purchased a new car so no need for the two AA me memberships that made it cost effective for me. 

The unmitigated stress of first world problems 😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

I do not believe the first sentence to be true.

What is the basis for stating it please?

On 6/19/2021 at 8:06 AM, Phil xxkr said:

So Paul this is interesting. If you are accepted for the Relax scheme by definition this means that the dealer agrees your car is technically fault free,happy days 😎. I am with nationwide and you need a Flexplus account @ £13 a month. This gives you breakdown / travel /mobile phone insurance and keeping 2.5k in the account gets you preferential interest which goes towards monthly fee. The travel insurance is a real win up to the age of 70.After that you can keep it with an additional premium depending upon existing conditions , for example I pay £100 a year, still a bargain. 

The unmitigated stress of first world problems 😂

Yes, clearly you've given the breakdown cover no thought???

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

I do not believe the first sentence to be true.

What is the basis for stating it please?

I might be getting confused but certain insurance products should only have one insurer, life insurance, car insurance, i've not got time to find the source but you can see issues regarding liability if more than one company involved, it may be a first world problem but just interested to find out how Lexus get around it, I'm sure they addressed it, I did say i wasn't sure, if the underwriters are two different companies and the claim was for £10k, maybe a case of wanting the other to settle the claim.     

12 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

I might be getting confused but certain insurance products should only have one insurer, life insurance, car insurance, i've not got time to find the source but you can see issues regarding liability if more than one company involved, it may be a first world problem but just interested to find out how Lexus get around it, I'm sure they addressed it, I did say i wasn't sure, if the underwriters are two different companies and the claim was for £10k, maybe a case of wanting the other to settle the claim.     

You should find the time to check the facts before you make statements Casa. If you do not have the time, then do not make the statements.

I have looked at my Extended Warranty Document and refunds are covered in Section 7.  Refunds are made subject to certain conditions and there is no reference them not being available in respect of the second year of the Warranty.

Does anybody know if relax is available in other countries outside the UK. I am living in France and cannot find anything about it  over here but got the impression it was a world wide scheme?

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

You should find the time to check the facts before you make statements Casa. If you do not have the time, then do not make the statements.

Do you mind not telling me what to do.... who the hell are you??? It's a discussion forum and I was merely pointing out that having multiple insurance cover on a single item is not a good idea, can you not see that if a large claim was presented that it could create an issue?  

4 hours ago, Casa1862 said:

As there are no refunds on the extended warranty for the second year and it runs to its end, I’ll need a service in the next few weeks and will also get cover free with the service, hence covered twice.

58 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

Do you mind not telling me what to do.... who the hell are you??? It's a discussion forum and I was merely pointing out that having multiple insurance cover on a single item is not a good idea, can you not see that if a large claim was presented that it could create an issue?  

I believe John is referring to the original statement that you made regarding refunds on extended warranties, by which you seem to suggest as a fact something that isn't correct.

As you have stated, this is a discussion forum, so others that read what you have said may take it to mean that you have researched the topic and are referring to something other than just what you believe to be true.  This could lead to members not pursuing a refund on their warranties based on what you have stated.

So, by that rational, perhaps it would have been better if you had quantified your supposition by saying 'I believe' or 'I think', otherwise I can see how it might be annoying to other members who have spent the time research the topic appropriately.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casa1862 said:

Lexus ownership and intolerance have thus far been mutually exclusive Casa.

3 hours ago, westo3 said:

Does anybody know if relax is available in other countries outside the UK. I am living in France and cannot find anything about it  over here but got the impression it was a world wide scheme?

A (very) quick Google search shows the Lexus.eu website top of the responses -

https://www.lexus.eu/owners/warranty/lexus-relax/?lexReferrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F#introduction

• Like 1

7 hours ago, westo3 said:

It's a European scheme.

Available in France:

https://www.lexus.fr/ownership/warranty/lexus-relax/

• Like 2