Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Excitement on the A1!

Mincey

There is something interesting about the stretch of the A1 from the Hatfield Tunnel to South Mimms. My current wife has had surgery on her leg at RNOH Stanmore which has required quite a few trips down there. The time before last, we were just about to emerge from the tunnel when everything went blue, flashy and noisy. An unmarked 3 Series came hoofing by at a rate of knots with its stealth blues and twos on. As we arrived at South Mimms for a comfort break, we saw the 3 Series parked up alongside a marked patrol car. A ne'er-do-well was being detained by the occupants of both cars. I'm sure that he would be finding out what it's like to bounce repeatedly down the station steps a bit later on. 

Yesterday, this trend continued. A mile or so out of the tunnel, a grey C class came tanking past, followed by a marked 5 Series, which then put its blues and twos on. Unfortunately I was in my wife's car - yesterday's trip was to have her Taylor frame taken off, and there was no way she was going to potentially rip my upholstery with it - so I cannot provide dashcam proof of what went on. Again, we had to dive off at South Mimms so I couldn't see the outcome of the chase but I did see that two lorries were holding them up in the distance. Whether this was planned action by the lorry drivers, or just their usual selfish behaviour, I will never know. How long the chase lasted is also another interesting question. Were other counties involved? Will it be on "Stop, Police, You're nicked Sonny!" in years to come? Did the chase end suddenly as one (or both) cars inevitably broke down?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links