Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bye bye IS300h , Hello NX300h Happy 😃 man

Today just traded in my trusty immaculate IS 300 h for a black NX300 h . The ride , comfort , seats , space are far superior but I’m still sorry to see my IS go . The new owner doesn’t know how lucky they are ! 

• Like 4

Would be interested to hear more on your thoughts on how they compare. Mulling over a newer car and whether to trade either our CT or Golf for a newer, bigger Lexus. My CT is going in for a Full 60 service and I will have a UX for 24 hours. But I’m wondering if something bigger would in fact be better. Fuel consumption would take a hit but as long as we keep either of the golf 1.6 diesel or the CT we can afford to compromise on fuel consumption for a bigger main car. The IS300h was the first Lexus I considered before changing my mind and getting a CT.

How is the NX on fuel compared to your IS? It’s down on power so is this noticeable? How about boot space and rear legroom?

Thanks in advance and congratulations!

In terms of specs and difference between the IS and NX, official figures from Lexus

Same engine different output.

The UX has the 2 litre engine but more efficient hybrid system.

IS 300H UX 250H NX 300H
Engine 4 cylinders in-line 4 cylinders in-line 4 cylinders in-line
Displacement (cc) 2,494 1,987 2,494
Total system output bhp (engine + battery/) 220 176 195
Max. engine power (bhp @ rpm) 178 @ 6,000 107 @ 6,000 153 @ 5,700
Max. engine torque (Nm @ rpm) 221 @ 4,200 – 5,400 180 @4,400 210 @ 4,200 - 4,400
Gross Weight (kg) 2130 2110 2245 - 2,395
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Slucky said:

Same engine different output.

It isn't the same engine. The IS uses the 2AR-FSE engine with direct injection and a 13:1 compression ratio. The NX uses the 2AR-FXE which lacks direct injection and has a compression ration of 12.5:1.

The UX engine is a completely different generation of engine.

• Like 3

My bad for not going into the details.

The 2AR-FXE engine is based on the 2AR-FE. The key difference between the 2AR-FXE and 2AR-FSE engines was that the latter had direct fuel injection in addition to conventional port injection.

NX 300H and the ES 300H both use the 2AR-FXE Engine

IS 300H and the GS 300H both use the 2AR-FSE Engine

Not saying the 2AR-FXE Engine is bad, the efficiency of the combined motors is increased.

The UX on the other hand uses the M20A-FXS Engine also used on Toyota Corolla Hybrid and C-HR Hybrid 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, BoutTime said:

Would be interested to hear more on your thoughts on how they compare. Mulling over a newer car and whether to trade either our CT or Golf for a newer, bigger Lexus. My CT is going in for a Full 60 service and I will have a UX for 24 hours. But I’m wondering if something bigger would in fact be better. Fuel consumption would take a hit but as long as we keep either of the golf 1.6 diesel or the CT we can afford to compromise on fuel consumption for a bigger main car. The IS300h was the first Lexus I considered before changing my mind and getting a CT.

How is the NX on fuel compared to your IS? It’s down on power so is this noticeable? How about boot space and rear legroom?

The NX is def heavier on fuel consumption, seem to Be getting 42 mpg compared with 53 mpg on IS , but TBH we don’t really use it enough to make such an impact . The IS 300 h felt more sporty , nimble , lighter , agile than then NX which feels heavier and  a bit sluggish ? . Plenty of legroom front and back . Very comfortable sitting position with better all round view . 

4 hours ago, LordByronUK said:

We have both and personally the IS is by far the superior drive, much better handling, performance and fuel economy!! I find the NX to be very sluggish in comparison and poor on fuel. 

Unfortunately I have to agree , but overall I hope to prefer the NX . 

Had the NX300H Less than a week and it’s showing on screen Oil Maintenance Required Soon .

i thought Lexus dealers would. sell Used cars with up to date service. It was registered in April so I’m guessing it would be serviced every April ? . I think I have justification to ask for it to Be serviced now ? . 

10 hours ago, Dealkent said:

i thought Lexus dealers would. sell Used cars with up to date service. It was registered in April so I’m guessing it would be serviced every April ? . I think I have justification to ask for it to Be serviced now ?

They normally will do a service if it is due within 3 months. What is the date/mileage of the last service in the service book/My Lexus online state? It's possible they just forgot to reset the on-vehicle reminder.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Had the NX300H Less than a week and it’s showing on screen Oil Maintenance Required Soon .

i thought Lexus dealers would. sell Used cars with up to date service. It was registered in April so I’m guessing it would be serviced every April ? . I think I have justification to ask for it to Be serviced now ? . 

You are the BUYER, so it is the point in time when you can exercise clout if you wish.

If they won`t play, then walk away. 

• Like 1

If they won’t service the car then reject it perhaps? I believe approved used cars have to be serviced before delivery if service is due within 3 months or 3k miles. I think. I’m sure they’ll service it. Stay cool, stay polite but be firm in terms of the outcome. I’d certainly want to see proof of all the checks they carried out before collection.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, BoutTime said:

My latest observations, with NX compared to IS300 h .still getting 43mpg on mixed driving . I miss the big puddle lights under the IS door mirrors! . Also , the wipers seem To be noisy ? Seem to groan Left And Right ......

other wise happy with the NX . 

On 6/24/2021 at 10:19 PM, Dealkent said:

Did you get this resolved ok Howard?

On 6/24/2021 at 6:32 PM, BoutTime said:

No option to upgrade to Android Auto on the IS unfortunately and I've been adamant my next car would have it.

That depends on how much you are willing to pay.

there are companies out there who make an add on that will allow you to run apple carplay/ android auto

15 hours ago, Dealkent said:

My latest observations, with NX compared to IS300 h .still getting 43mpg on mixed driving . I miss the big puddle lights under the IS door mirrors! . Also , the wipers seem To be noisy ? Seem to groan Left And Right ......

other wise happy with the NX . 

Ah yes the wipers. So I believe the NX was the first vehicle that Lexus changed over to the flat aero style wiper blades and they came with either Trico/Denso standard fit. The genuine ones are a bit rubbish and were changed out by the dealers in the US but for some reason I dont think they were over here as they didnt have enough complaints.

I had the same problem with the RX. Changed the wipers to Bosch aerotwin and havent had any groaning since

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Ah yes the wipers. So I believe the NX was the first vehicle that Lexus changed over to the flat aero style wiper blades and they came with either Trico/Denso standard fit. The genuine ones are a bit rubbish and were changed out by the dealers in the US but for some reason I dont think they were over here as they didnt have enough complaints.

I had the same problem with the RX. Changed the wipers to Bosch aerotwin and havent had any groaning since

That's interesting. Just fitted new OEM blades to my CT and they appear to groan at the end of their travel. Didn't notice it before.