Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300 rear bumper cover and combination light required.

Do you still have possession of the car or has it been taken to the “approved repairers”  and Cat S?

I would take the settlement on the grounds that they allow you to retain the salvage ( i.e. you get the car back for a few hundred pounds), take it to a decent paint shop and have it repaired. Continue to use it.

The bumper should mostly knock out with a heat gun, then fill and paint, new or used light cluster, repair, repaint rear panel and a bit of chrome trim...£700.00 should be about right.

• Like 1

New bumper cover and light cluster listed around £500.00 from Lexus plus paint, you will also need the correct colour code for the cluster.

If the engineer hasn’t been yet how has your insurer already written the car off?

3C1FA6BD-A86A-466C-83EE-052A79591B74.png

2CA622BC-2AE5-4221-A818-31D335E83308.png

13 hours ago, Flutefriend said:

Thank you. I still have the car and await a visit or call from "an engineer" within the next day or so, according to my insurer.

As Steve suggests, I would be inclined to find a good local body shop and get an estimate from them.  So preempt the engineer’s inspection.

I would be astonished if the damage that’s apparent actually renders the vehicle a write-off.  It’s possible that the bumper cover is repairable anyway.  And as Steve points out, you could always offer to source parts - such as the light cluster - from Lexus yourself.

I don’t think you’ve mentioned what the insured value actually is.