Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Connecting to Lexus Portal problem

hi. I'm trying to connect to my Lexus Portal via my Samsung phone in my RX450h 2016. Does username and password refer to the login credentials when i signed into Lexus Portal? I tried writing in my email address when sitting in the car, but there weren't enough spaces to write my full email, which left me confused...

thanks in  advance

Jason

I had same problem and to solved it changing my login credentials with  shorter ones on portal 😁.

But if I remeber well there is another more elegant solution: the easier way is to ask your Lexus dealer to make registration.with right credentials.

On 6/22/2021 at 10:55 AM, Zotto said:

I had same problem and to solved it changing my login credentials with  shorter ones on portal 😁.

But if I remeber well there is another more elegant solution: the easier way is to ask your Lexus dealer to make registration.with right credentials.

hi, just interested to know what you mean by asking the Lexus Dealer to make the registration?  I'm registering myself.. can the dealer do it too, and why would they?

thanks

Jason,

Do you have the car connected to a wifi hotspot (e.g. from your phone?),  If so, use wifi. This will probably also be the most reliable method.

Paul

11 hours ago, RXJasonRX said:

bluetooth or wifi?

For me Bluetooth. More reliable, less Battery usage on the phone and connects automatically once set up on my Iphone whereas with WiFi I'd need to go into hotspot setting to allow a connection each time.

Bluetooth has a lower data throughput but the vehicle isn't using enough for that to be a problem.

But it doesn't really matter - personal choice.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RXJasonRX said:

what you mean by asking the Lexus Dealer to make the registration?  I'm registering myself.. can the dealer do it too, and why would they?

About registration, of course you can do by yourself, but usually dealer can help you making it and and at the same time verifying and abilitating services available on newer models.

I cannot connect at all to the portal. It just says connecting and doesn’t. It must be connecting though as I managed to download a route from the Lexus link app to my saved places but the problem is that it isn’t in my stored routes. Another issue I have is every time I connect my phone via Wi-fi I have to put in my password. Is this normal?

4 hours ago, Trophy92 said:

I cannot connect at all to the portal. It just says connecting and doesn’t. It must be connecting though as I managed to download a route from the Lexus link app to my saved places but the problem is that it isn’t in my stored routes. Another issue I have is every time I connect my phone via Wi-fi I have to put in my password. Is this normal?

I guess you are using an Iphone?  Since apple released ios 13, the Lexus systems are not capturing all the required info to store the passwords properly, hence you need to type it in every time you connect to an apple wifi hotspot.  I have seen posts on this forum that Lexus is aware of this issue with apple hotspots.  To increase the chances they Lexus will act on it and release a fix, email them at cr@lexus.co.uk and tell them that this is an inconvenience to you.

Paul

Hi John,  to be honest I always struggled to get the internet sharing Bluetooth profile working properly and wifi hotspots (when connected) always worked for me. If you can get an internet connection through your Bluetooth then im sure it will be fine.  It looks like Colin, above, has cracked it.

I have a scenario where in my wife's car I would like to connect the system to a cellular ipad (whilst using BT to our phones) and the system doesn't remember the password on the ipad since the OS was upgraded.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links