Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear door panel/seal replacement

Hello, I have been investigating a slight wind noise coming from my front left driver door and I managed to track down the issue to a very stiff old seal that is attached to the left rear door and makes contact with the driver door's seal. The part in question has the following part number - 7576253010. Below I have provided a sample image from quick googling. The seal in question is actually attached to that plastic part. Since I can not get the gasket only, I will have to get the whole plastic part. I wanted to make it as a DIY project. I wanted to know if this part is only glued on to the door or is it a more involved process of removing it. Is it just as simple as prying it open with some plastic tools. I am concerned about potentially breaking something. Any information will be helpful, thanks in advance !

s-l400.jpg

The exploded diagram doesn’t show any fixings and I seem to remember they are attached with double sided adhesive tape only.

To aid removal I would suggest warming up the piece with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive then use as you suggest plastic pry tools.

You can also buy “label remover” which is an aerosol spray and softens the adhesive which you could squirt inside once you get it started.

Obviously once removed make sure all the residue is cleaned off, isopropyl alcohol is good for this then allow to dry and wipe over with a clean cotton cloth. 

BFD4AA49-DE24-4C87-ABC6-05919A3BAE81.png

Great, thank you very much that helps a ton. So according to the diagram it can be removed by just prying it out ? Also while looking at the car today, i noticed that a very small part (1-2cm) is overlapped by this (attachment below). Is that side railing going to hold down/pinch on the panel or am i going to be able to slide the old one out and slide the new one in ? Thanks again ! 

image.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links