Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check ECB and Hybrid system!!

Guy63

It was time to service the car that has been running really well, until today. I was changing the plugs, right bank what a faff, anyway I was working close to the inverter and didn’t fancy getting a shock so disconnected the fuse on the traction Battery, looks like a big mistake, as once I had completed the work on the plugs feeling very satisfied with myself the car wouldn’t start, no ready display and only a bulb check ECB and check hybrid system message!!

I hope I haven’t blown anything up and was only doing what I thought was right obviously I was wrong, can anybody shed any light on this for me before I ring Lexus Canterbury!! Thanks in anticipation 

Guy

I think you are referring to the safety plug in the boot. Make sure you insert it the right way and as you move the release lever the plug slides sideways to engage the contacts. Look at their position to help you see how the contacts engage.

Chris.

Ok, I hadn’t put the fuse back properly! Once I did, I could start the car however I still had a check hybrid light on the dash. I spoke to Richard of hybrid solutions who suggested disconnecting the 12v Battery for 10 mins. This I did and the warning light had disappeared! Just in case anybody else feels like changing their plugs and getting close to the high voltage  and wants to isolate the system,just make sure when you put the fuse back you ensure it seats properly.